The Student Room Group

Why did he message me 16 months later?

Hey, I dated this guy for around two months, sixteen months ago. I cut things off, because I saw he was using a dating app looking for hook-up's. It was hard for me, as I fell for him pretty hard. He ended up calling me a freak and a weirdo and we stopped speaking completely, as he became really nasty and controlling. In January, I came out of a one year relationship and I put myself back on the dating scene. I singed up to a dating app and the guy I dated sixteen months ago is still active on it. Today, I checked it and noticed he'd messaged me. He said "Your face looks really familiar......" I haven't replied as I don't really know how to take it. Since I was dating him, I have changed a lot both physically and personality wise. I'd consider myself to be far more attractive. So I don't know if he was messaging me to be passive-aggressive (I feel this is most likely the reason) or if he want's to genuinely make contact with me again. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.
Original post by Mj2014
Hey, I dated this guy for around two months, sixteen months ago. I cut things off, because I saw he was using a dating app looking for hook-up's. It was hard for me, as I fell for him pretty hard. He ended up calling me a freak and a weirdo and we stopped speaking completely, as he became really nasty and controlling. In January, I came out of a one year relationship and I put myself back on the dating scene. I singed up to a dating app and the guy I dated sixteen months ago is still active on it. Today, I checked it and noticed he'd messaged me. He said "Your face looks really familiar......" I haven't replied as I don't really know how to take it. Since I was dating him, I have changed a lot both physically and personality wise. I'd consider myself to be far more attractive. So I don't know if he was messaging me to be passive-aggressive (I feel this is most likely the reason) or if he want's to genuinely make contact with me again. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

This is what I think. I think you shouldn't message him again
1) because he insulted you
2) he started becoming controlling (he probably still is)
3) he's probs taking advantage of you cos he can't get any which is why he's still on the site
4) he seems unfaithful and you don't deserve that
5) he didn't take your feelings into account when you broke up with him and instead called you a freak

He doesn't deserve you so don't answer back :smile:

But this is all my opinion and I am a total b*tch lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mj2014

The guy you were dating was looking for hook-ups, so you ended things. Sixteen months later he's still on dating apps looking for hook-ups (and likely hasn't had much success), so he contacts the one person he thinks he may have a chance with given the small history he has with her.

This guy will chat you up and want to get into your pants, no doubt in my mind. I would highly recommend blocking him and never speaking to him again. Besides, he had his chance.
Reply 3
i would reply, 'nope i dont recognise you, sorry'. i think he does recognise you and know exactly who you are but messaged you to see if you had forgotten about him. show him you did.
Reply 4
If I were you I would ignore and block him like others have said he knows exactly who you are i mean your name will be on your profile.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending