The Student Room Group

Is Cameron a secret Brexiter?

Scroll to see replies

Let's BREXIT and take our chances so we can control our own destiny as a united nation.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Not as ridiculous as it sounds, with Russian aggression in the East failing to be punished by our cowardly establishment, the rise of far right groups and economic difficulties a return to the nation state will see a lot of useless quarrels over territory (as Russia in Sevastopol)

I'm more concerned about the UN, Nato and Eu doing absolutely nothing to curb Russian excesses.

Some precedent we've set there... Invade whoever you want we won't do anything.

Not much the UN can do given that Russia is one of the Permanent Five members on the Security Council and has a veto over any proposed actions or economic sanctions.
Original post by 6A7B5B8C3CFD567
Let's BREXIT and take our chances so we can control our own destiny as a united nation.

Posts like this make me cringe.
'Control our destiny'? This isn't a romantic novel...
I want people to stop with the promises of apple pie and motherhood.

How would our 'destiny' change outside the EU? What does the EU stop us from doing that you'd like us to do? Other than of course halting immigration...
Original post by Bornblue
Posts like this make me cringe.
'Control our destiny'? This isn't a romantic novel...
I want people to stop with the promises of apple pie and motherhood.

How would our 'destiny' change outside the EU? What does the EU stop us from doing that you'd like us to do? Other than of course halting immigration...

Eliminate VAT on whatever we want? Make independent trade deals? Remove our glorious overlords from office?
Original post by Jammy Duel
Eliminate VAT on whatever we want? Make independent trade deals? Remove our glorious overlords from office?

I'm not saying nothing could change, just moaning about the over dramatic, cringeworthy lines of 'control our own destiny' as if this were slumdog millionaire or something.

It's this fake image that we'd be riding off into the sun.

I also think Camerons comments today were ridiculous.

But I want people on both sides to argue real facts and substantive arguments, not airy fairy, apple pie arguments like 'take back control' and 'control our destiny'.

I also don't agree that something being democratic necessarily makes it better btw. Some thing are better not elected.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending