The Student Room Group

How often do guys reject girls who approach them?

Scroll to see replies

Sometimes. I have had drunk girls approach me before most recent one was about week ago she was a bit older than me. I spoke to her at first and made it clear that I wanted nothing more, but she insisted and wouldn't leave me alone. So I had to get one of my girl mates to tell her to p off.

Aggressive approach does not always work on guys, some may like it though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
He's wrong though.

There's not 3.5 billion men between the ages of 18-25

Then you factor in ones in England

Then you factor in ones that are single

Then you factor in able-bodied, non (extremely) mentally ill / terminal patients.

Then factor the ones that go to clubs

Suddenly you've got a lot less to work with

You're not very much fun at parties are you?
Original post by Black Cat
You're not very much fun at parties are you?

No, I am a lot of fun rather than much :smile:
On a night out depends how keen you are, might reject you just to see if you push it, but not likely if I think you're attractive and just want to have sex :tongue:

Romantically, i'd reject you on principle though.

How about at a work place with a customer would that stop a guy?

I know the answer but I want another point of view.
What you actually want to approach guys with the sole intention of having a ons with them? Just start grinding on them or dancing with them or something.
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous
Oh yeah, by this I mean as a one-night stand thing. Nothing to do romantically wise.

PM me,
you won't be rejected.

does this answer your question?
Unfortunately it really depends how good looking you are especially in clubs.
Original post by Anonymous
So, I'm not a confident girl when it comes to guys, I've had compliments from a few guys saying that I'm pretty and attractive but still don't have the confidence to approach them.

On a night out, would you guys reject a girl if she approached you?
Would you say confidence is a turn on?

Yes confidence is certainly attractive. However the same with a woman - if Im not attracted to them I'm not going to do anything with them. So yes I would (and ahve) "reject" them
Reply 28
ok but guys listen what about for like a long term relationship- is it better for me to make first move or do u just let the guy come to u the traditional way?
Original post by MevMev
ok but guys listen what about for like a long term relationship- is it better for me to make first move or do u just let the guy come to u the traditional way?

Guy should always make first move. You can be highly suggestive though.
Reply 30

but what if he's too shy to make the first move?
or what if he's just **** at picking up signals that i want him to make the first move?
do i have to make it really obvious?
Original post by MevMev
or what if he's just **** at picking up signals that i want him to make the first move?

If he's too shy to ask you out he's probably not going to be good in a relationship (unless you want to make all the decisions)

Make it really obvious, highly suggestive flirting, complimenting, etc.
Reply 32
If he's too shy to ask you out he's probably not going to be good in a relationship (unless you want to make all the decisions)

u give such good dating advice u know

Original post by MevMev

wow. this advice is ********. don't listen to this dude/dudette. that's quite frankly bull. the very fact that a woman makes the first move has no correlation whatsoever on her/the guys' decision making skills in the relationship. just because you made the first move doesn't automatically mean that the guy would have nothing to contribute to the relationship; and quite frankly unless you've seen every type of relationship there is, one can't objectively state that this is the rule. this advice is so wrong, it couldn't possibly be right in any sense of the word.

if he's too shy to ask you out, then that shows that he's a ****ing human being. it shows that he's nervous; shows that he gets butterflies as well; regardless of the situation; last i checked men aren't these macho individuals who are incapable of any other emotion than a stone, cold face. we feel. we cry. ****, we bleed. we're human. like women are. to automatically expect the guy to do what YOURE afraid of doing, is quite frankly cowardice.

lastly, there is NO rule that states that a guy Must always make the first move. that's utter ********; i've seen several relationships wherin the female made the first move and their story ends happily ever after. all youre doing is pedalling that traditional ******** that mosts feminazis spout - that 'i'm a traditional woman; therefore the guy makes the move' crap. N.O. unless you want society to return as a whole to the point in which the guy was the traditional bread winner and home owner; don't say that.

i say this, as regardless of the 'highly suggestive' manner in which you advise; i've STILL met loads of females (and their complaints) who aren't satisfied with the response they get from flirting interactions with guys. i mean think about it, if being 'highly suggestive' was the tried, tested and true case, then there'd hardly be any reason for girls to still come on here and ask why the guy they want doesn't get the hint? or asking any where else for that matter. these things happen because guys on the whole don't hints. 'highly suggestive' or not. if you're a dude and you do; then pat yourself on the back. but to insinuate (by indirectly stating that the 'highly suggestive' method will work) that all guys understand the hints that go on around them, is just to set this girl (and all others you've advised) up for failure.

you've just practically insulted the male sex by indirectly linking a womans' confidence levels to a mans' decision making in a relationship. you're in other words condemning to hell all those men who (based on misintepretation or out-right nervousness or some other reason) fail to ask the girls out but who'd otherwise be interested.

yoo; if for any reason he doesn't understand; YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE A MOVE. because if you don't and you end up in a situation that the guy is flirting with another girl; then that is Your fault. not anyones' elses. you are responsible for your own happiness; and your inability to chase after it doesn't reflect bad on what is being chased.

if a woman is giving 'hints', it means she's too scared to be direct. well, guess what? hints are ambiguous. that means it is possible to misinterpret a hint. men, like women, are also scared of rejection; men, like women, may not want to follow up on a hint because what if they interpreted it wrong and they get rejected? what then?
giving hints is a cowardly action. it's a way of saying: 'i'm too scared to be direct, so i want you to take a risk i'm afraid to take myself.'
Original post by MevMev
u give such good dating advice u know

Thank you, ignore the extremely long justification above. Seems to be a justification for his cowardice
Reply 35
Original post by theDanIdentity
wow. this advice is ********. don't listen to this dude/dudette. that's quite frankly bull. the very fact that a woman makes the first move has no correlation whatsoever on her/the guys' decision making skills in the relationship. just because you made the first move doesn't automatically mean that the guy would have nothing to contribute to the relationship; and quite frankly unless you've seen every type of relationship there is, one can't objectively state that this is the rule. this advice is so wrong, it couldn't possibly be right in any sense of the word.

if he's too shy to ask you out, then that shows that he's a ****ing human being. it shows that he's nervous; shows that he gets butterflies as well; regardless of the situation; last i checked men aren't these macho individuals who are incapable of any other emotion than a stone, cold face. we feel. we cry. ****, we bleed. we're human. like women are. to automatically expect the guy to do what YOURE afraid of doing, is quite frankly cowardice.

lastly, there is NO rule that states that a guy Must always make the first move. that's utter ********; i've seen several relationships wherin the female made the first move and their story ends happily ever after. all youre doing is pedalling that traditional ******** that mosts feminazis spout - that 'i'm a traditional woman; therefore the guy makes the move' crap. N.O. unless you want society to return as a whole to the point in which the guy was the traditional bread winner and home owner; don't say that.

i say this, as regardless of the 'highly suggestive' manner in which you advise; i've STILL met loads of females (and their complaints) who aren't satisfied with the response they get from flirting interactions with guys. i mean think about it, if being 'highly suggestive' was the tried, tested and true case, then there'd hardly be any reason for girls to still come on here and ask why the guy they want doesn't get the hint? or asking any where else for that matter. these things happen because guys on the whole don't hints. 'highly suggestive' or not. if you're a dude and you do; then pat yourself on the back. but to insinuate (by indirectly stating that the 'highly suggestive' method will work) that all guys understand the hints that go on around them, is just to set this girl (and all others you've advised) up for failure.

you've just practically insulted the male sex by indirectly linking a womans' confidence levels to a mans' decision making in a relationship. you're in other words condemning to hell all those men who (based on misintepretation or out-right nervousness or some other reason) fail to ask the girls out but who'd otherwise be interested.

yoo; if for any reason he doesn't understand; YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE A MOVE. because if you don't and you end up in a situation that the guy is flirting with another girl; then that is Your fault. not anyones' elses. you are responsible for your own happiness; and your inability to chase after it doesn't reflect bad on what is being chased.

if a woman is giving 'hints', it means she's too scared to be direct. well, guess what? hints are ambiguous. that means it is possible to misinterpret a hint. men, like women, are also scared of rejection; men, like women, may not want to follow up on a hint because what if they interpreted it wrong and they get rejected? what then?
giving hints is a cowardly action. it's a way of saying: 'i'm too scared to be direct, so i want you to take a risk i'm afraid to take myself.'

Thank you, ignore the extremely long justification above. Seems to be a justification for his cowardice

nah I'm sorry Doorknob but now that i come to think about it Dan identity is correct
i would rather regret doing something than not doing something in life- what if i were to miss out on the best thing to every happen in my life simply because i was following this sexist tradition of let the boy make the first move
Original post by MevMev
nah I'm sorry Doorknob but now that i come to think about it Dan identity is correct
i would rather regret doing something than not doing something in life- what if i were to miss out on the best thing to every happen in my life simply because i was following this sexist tradition of let the boy make the first move

It's not a sexist tradition though, if he hasn't even the confidence to ask you out what makes you think he will be able to offer you anything? If he doesn't like you he won't suddenly change his mind because you asked him out,
idk man, I get hit on by really attractive girls but I think I have social anxiety or some **** because I just cringe really hard and want it to stop.
It's not a sexist tradition though, if he hasn't even the confidence to ask you out what makes you think he will be able to offer you anything? If he doesn't like you he won't suddenly change his mind because you asked him out,

??? because he doesn't have the confidence to ask one out that automatically means that he is a worthless human being? are you out of your mind? now you're just insulting all the male introverts everywhere. this is ****ing ridiculous. you suck as a dating adviser.

yet despite all ive said, there's been NOT one single quote to me to try to dissuade my feelings on the matter. what is this

this is a ****ing sexist tradition - plain and simple. you can't be campaigning for equality in the 21st century but then be back-pedalling several millennia back; because you want to be asked out. its either equality or it isn't. this isn't how reality works. last i fcuking checked, a guys' personality vis a vis asking out, doesn't necessarily mean he'd be lacking in any other sense of his life and frankly it's absurd that you're resorting to fear tactics in order to keep yourself and those around you deluded. there are billionaires, fantastic human beings and success stories that have existed on this planet and have never had their 'abilty to not be confident' hinder them in anyway; therefore stating that doing so tarnishes what ever they have is disgusting. not all male success are happy-go-lucky extroverts with perfect command of a social venue; if they were then there'd hardly be any need for this debate. have you ever looked into these 'shy' success stories and their lives? have you ever found out how (or if) successful they are? you aren't the government. hell even they (the government) don't know how people operate or how successful they become. lastly, at some point in time all women grow up to realize that nobody owes them a damn thing in life: not those gossip magazines that 'advice you to wait' (what do they know? where has waiting ever gotten anyone aside from misconstrued oppurtunities, wasted time and regret?). what saddens me is the fact that they have to waste several years of their lives; years they'd never get back before they learn.

'if he deosn't like you'; stupid point. 1) you don't even know if the dude likes you. you can't find that out by giving him possibly misinterpreted hints and not taking risks so that you can save your own skin. doing so WILL cost you if you fail. because like i highlighted in my last paragraph; this is your life. not someone elses. you are responsible for your successes. 2) 'won't suddenly change his mind'; what and hinting would appeal to his nature? hinting (to a guy who can't see/be aware of your existence let alone the hints) would work wonders? hinting would stop other girls from giving him attention/stop him from going after them?

a prime example being i have quoted you twice now and in both occasions you havn't done the same. stick your head out and counter all my points and stop being a hypocrite questioning 'my cowardice' as you can't even quote me back on a damn comment ONLINE. let alone anything else. please.
Original post by theDanIdentity
??? because he doesn't have the confidence to ask one out that automatically means that he is a worthless human being? are you out of your mind? now you're just insulting all the male introverts everywhere. this is ****ing ridiculous. you suck as a dating adviser.

yet despite all ive said, there's been NOT one single quote to me to try to dissuade my feelings on the matter. what is this

this is a ****ing sexist tradition - plain and simple. you can't be campaigning for equality in the 21st century but then be back-pedalling several millennia back; because you want to be asked out. its either equality or it isn't. this isn't how reality works. last i fcuking checked, a guys' personality vis a vis asking out, doesn't necessarily mean he'd be lacking in any other sense of his life and frankly it's absurd that you're resorting to fear tactics in order to keep yourself and those around you deluded. there are billionaires, fantastic human beings and success stories that have existed on this planet and have never had their 'abilty to not be confident' hinder them in anyway; therefore stating that doing so tarnishes what ever they have is disgusting. not all male success are happy-go-lucky extroverts with perfect command of a social venue; if they were then there'd hardly be any need for this debate. have you ever looked into these 'shy' success stories and their lives? have you ever found out how (or if) successful they are? you aren't the government. hell even they (the government) don't know how people operate or how successful they become. lastly, at some point in time all women grow up to realize that nobody owes them a damn thing in life: not those gossip magazines that 'advice you to wait' (what do they know? where has waiting ever gotten anyone aside from misconstrued oppurtunities, wasted time and regret?). what saddens me is the fact that they have to waste several years of their lives; years they'd never get back before they learn.

'if he deosn't like you'; stupid point. 1) you don't even know if the dude likes you. you can't find that out by giving him possibly misinterpreted hints and not taking risks so that you can save your own skin. doing so WILL cost you if you fail. because like i highlighted in my last paragraph; this is your life. not someone elses. you are responsible for your successes. 2) 'won't suddenly change his mind'; what and hinting would appeal to his nature? hinting (to a guy who can't see/be aware of your existence let alone the hints) would work wonders? hinting would stop other girls from giving him attention/stop him from going after them?

a prime example being i have quoted you twice now and in both occasions you havn't done the same. stick your head out and counter all my points and stop being a hypocrite questioning 'my cowardice' as you can't even quote me back on a damn comment ONLINE. let alone anything else. please.

Do you always whine like this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending