The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Biology Unit 5 (WBI05) Scientific Article Discussion - June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Annaaix_
I'm trusting you Aimen don't let me down:unimpressed:
No but how many IAL past papers are there for unit 6?
My teacher only gave us 2 in our booklet of past papers so I'm wondering if there only is 2?

There are 14 unit 6 papers in total, out of which 5 are from IAL (Jan 2014, June 2014, Jan 2015, June 2015 and Jan 2016)
Reply 141
2.PNG
Attachment not found
20160509_182519.jpg

Guys for the question #2 in the statistical test part I got these notes. Could someone please tell me if they're correct??
Lastly in this SAM GCE paper Q#2 I don't understand the range part it should be -1 to 3 but markscheme says 2 to 4 :/ Could someone please help! And also if someone could inbox me the attempt to this same paper's Q#3(c) planning part... I'd be more than grateful :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
guys could someone show how do you include range bar in graphs? how do you find the range. can someone post pictures of graphs if possible. unit 6B paper
Reply 143
3.PNG

Original post by Agarshanan
guys could someone show how do you include range bar in graphs? how do you find the range. can someone post pictures of graphs if possible. unit 6B paper

It's just the lowest range to highest range. exactly how we did the ones in AS
But i've no idea about range!This is something but this would give you just one value and not two! Awful mayn
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Agarshanan

To include range bars, just draw a straight vertical line from the greatest value in the set of repeats to the lowest:smile:

like this lol.png

Kind of like this:colondollar:
Original post by Aimen.
I finish in an hour and then get bored for the rest half of an hour xD

You're lucky then!! But how like do you have any advices on finishing in an hour, I can't seem to solve this problem ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Quirky01
No i dont finish unit 4 on time...

Yeah same here...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aimen.
2.PNG
Attachment not found
20160509_182519.jpg

Guys for the question #2 in the statistical test part I got these notes. Could someone please tell me if they're correct??
Lastly in this SAM GCE paper Q#2 I don't understand the range part it should be -1 to 3 but markscheme says 2 to 4 :/ Could someone please help! And also if someone could inbox me the attempt to this same paper's Q#3(c) planning part... I'd be more than grateful :smile:

I think the reason it's 2-4 is because it states for the range of increases and not changes. So you would ignore the -1 and 0 because they're not increases (-1 is a decrease and 0 is no change) and go straight from 2 to 4 which is the increase in F. Not sure if I'm making sense hehe:tongue:
Original post by Aimen.
3.PNG

It's just the lowest range to highest range. exactly how we did the ones in AS
But i've no idea about range!This is something but this would give you just one value and not two! Awful mayn

Thank you so much . that really helped
To include range bars, just draw a straight vertical line from the greatest value in the set of repeats to the lowest:smile:

like this lol.png

Kind of like this:colondollar:

Thank you :h:
Could any of you successfully buy the predicted questions package of biologysolutions?? Please share..:smile: I mean unit 5 journal.. Already thanks to Aimen for sharing..hats off to ur hard work..best of luck for ur exams
(edited 7 years ago)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=1813837 Could u take screenshots of the pages nd then share?
Reply 152
I think the reason it's 2-4 is because it states for the range of increases and not changes. So you would ignore the -1 and 0 because they're not increases (-1 is a decrease and 0 is no change) and go straight from 2 to 4 which is the increase in F. Not sure if I'm making sense hehe:tongue:

Ohh yea you totally do. THANKYOU SOOO MUCH BABE!
You solved me a big issue! x
Reply 153
Original post by Quirky01
Could any of you successfully buy the predicted questions package of biologysolutions?? Please share..:smile: I mean unit 5 journal.. Already thanks to Aimen for sharing..hats off to ur hard work..best of luck for ur exams

Thankyou! And I was planning to buy those and share over here but then everybody stated that there were issues so I certainly don't wanna waste money :/
If this thing resolves.. I'll surely buy and post x)
Reply 154
Original post by PlayerBB
You're lucky then!! But how like do you have any advices on finishing in an hour, I can't seem to solve this problem ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Since we have three questions in paper 6, I've divided the time and keep checking my wrist watch during exam to see if I'm on the right track. For Q#1 it takes me about 15 minutes (The first part is experiment description so it would take almost 7-8 minutes as you have fixed things to write in there no matter what the experiment unless its spirometer thing!)(The rest of question is all repeated and takes 2-3 minutes)(And finally biological reasoning takes 3-4 minutes)
Next comes question no.2 which takes about 20 minutes (The table takes 5 whole minutes and so does the graph)(The rest of ten minutes are; 5 for the statistical question and 5 for any other thing like null hypothesis and all)
Finally the last question takes 20-30 minutes (depending on your writing speed cuz there aint much thinking as it mostly repeats every single thing)
So, the part (c)planning takes 10 minutes atleast and all the rest combined take 10-15 minutes....

What you get at the end is Holy 25-30 minutes!
You could either use these for rechecking your paper if you're a worried soul or you could daydream about all those fancy things you want in life if you're like me! xD ('cuz examiner won't let you out before paper time ends)

The basic thing being giving the first 2-3 minutes in setting time for each part, you'd save time at the end!
Ahh I forgot about the biolsolutions thing! Seems like I was the only one who was able to purchase them:s-smilie:
I'm gonna try screenshot from my phone but the website doesn't seem to be responding!
I'll try do it by tonight, and if that doesn't work I'll try my best to find another way
<3
Reply 156
UPDATE: I HAVE SCREENSHOTS WOOOO

However there's like over 50 of them and they're on my phone and omg gonna take forever to put on tsr.
If you want them can you like inbox me on fb?:tongue: I'm literally so lazy pls:colondollar:
Search 'Anna Christophides' my profile picture is the same as my little avatar on here.
Whoever u are idm, just inbox me be like ''homie i want the screenshots'' and i'll share:biggrin::heart:

OMG that is just so sweet of you! <3
Original post by Aimen.
OMG that is just so sweet of you! <3

That's me:colondollar::colondollar:
That's me:colondollar::colondollar:

I already messaged u but not by this name ok? Please send me those screenshots..pls..pls
Original post by Aimen.
Since we have three questions in paper 6, I've divided the time and keep checking my wrist watch during exam to see if I'm on the right track. For Q#1 it takes me about 15 minutes (The first part is experiment description so it would take almost 7-8 minutes as you have fixed things to write in there no matter what the experiment unless its spirometer thing!)(The rest of question is all repeated and takes 2-3 minutes)(And finally biological reasoning takes 3-4 minutes)
Next comes question no.2 which takes about 20 minutes (The table takes 5 whole minutes and so does the graph)(The rest of ten minutes are; 5 for the statistical question and 5 for any other thing like null hypothesis and all)
Finally the last question takes 20-30 minutes (depending on your writing speed cuz there aint much thinking as it mostly repeats every single thing)
So, the part (c)planning takes 10 minutes atleast and all the rest combined take 10-15 minutes....

What you get at the end is Holy 25-30 minutes!
You could either use these for rechecking your paper if you're a worried soul or you could daydream about all those fancy things you want in life if you're like me! xD ('cuz examiner won't let you out before paper time ends)

The basic thing being giving the first 2-3 minutes in setting time for each part, you'd save time at the end!

Ahhh Thank you so much, it sounds like a great way of divising time, I will definitely start trying it!!! Normally,I used to solve the first question, spend around 20 minutes on it then jump to the last question the go back to the second so I guess I have to change it because it's consuming so much time!! And I am the kinda nervous one so like i'll keep rechecking till time finishes!!

By the way, on the question you have just posted before, I was solving this paper, for the table, the question didn't even say that we should calculate the mean so how i am supposed to know? (although I guess in the recent papers, they always specify when to calculate the mean)

Sorry for asking a lot :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending