The Student Room Group

National 5 Biology 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by _katie123123_
Did anyone feel that was more like a maths test than biology? They missed out so much like the brain, neurones???

Yes! The brain is the one thing in biology I'm good at!

I'm not complaining about the calculation questions though, they were some easy marks
Reply 21
Original post by jj1814
Yep!

Was the gland that makes hormones pituitary? I said thyroid :frown:

I said pituitary but lots of my friends said endocrine
Reply 22
Anybody got a copy of the multiple choice?

Just sat the higher exam and would love to see how your exam was this year compared to our year of nat 5?

Hope you all did great XD :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Med_Diablo
I got that. What did everyone put for that questions about lactose, was it degredation or synthesis?

Degradation and substrate. I hated the enzyme questions
If it helps to know, I barely answered D for multiple choice until around Q15.

I initially thought the gland was endocrine (which was probably right) but then I stupidly switched to lymphatic. :s-smilie: I also got 8400 for the kJ question

I think A and D on Q7 on the multiple choice had a longer fern as compared to the diagram above. :P

For the enzyme question: degradation/substrate, as lactose was removed from the milk (hence degradation) and lactose is the substrate of lactase.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
I thought the paper was okay in general! The only thing I struggled with was Q12 in the multiple choice... I kept switching between B and D 😕
I said endocrine glam because it asked for the TYPE I think... I put degradation and substrate
Reply 27
I said synthesis and substrate?
Original post by SocialStudiesETC
I got 2.5 because people went wrong when they turned a percentage into a percentage😂 It was a really good paper but it wasn't like any other paper I had done before, that's for sure! Few trick questions, one that annoyed me was on the multiple choice and it asked what the most common individual phenotype was? I put B I think.

Yeah the answer was polygenic and continuous variation.
Did anyone else say coronary artery for the question about the blood vessel that supplied blood to the heart muscle?
Original post by jj1814
Yep!

Was the gland that makes hormones pituitary? I said thyroid :frown:

I wrote pituitary.
Reply 31
What did everyone say for the environmental factor question?
Original post by jj1814
Yes! The brain is the one thing in biology I'm good at!

I'm not complaining about the calculation questions though, they were some easy marks

I'm not the strongest at maths so I didn't enjoy those questions! I wish we got to take the paper home and wrote out answers on another sheet I keep going over my answers in my head!!!!
Original post by Tobyneilson
I'm Finished! Went better that I expected😊

What exam did you do? What were the questions mate? GCSE?
Original post by LMM18
What did everyone say for the environmental factor question?

Is it the one to do with transpiration? If so, I said that an increase in humidity slows the rate of transpiration. I chose increase in wind speed for the second part and simply said "put a fan near the apparatus and turn it on to provide wind for the plant" :tongue:
Original post by Salenite
Did anyone else say coronary artery for the question about the blood vessel that supplied blood to the heart muscle?

I got coronary artery too what did you get for percentage question after Pie chart?
Is it the one to do with transpiration? If so, I said that an increase in humidity slows the rate of transpiration. I chose increase in wind speed for the second part and simply said "put a fan near the apparatus and turn it on to provide wind for the plant" :tongue:

I put that bit about the humidity too!
Original post by Lewis H01
I got coronary artery too what did you get for percentage question after Pie chart?

I think I got 80% if it's the saturated fat question.

20/25 = 4/5
and 4/5 = 80% :tongue:
Original post by Lewis H01
I wrote pituitary.

I did endrocrine gland for that question
I think I got 80% if it's the saturated fat question.

20/25 = 4/5
and 4/5 = 80% :tongue:

I'm pretty sure I put 80% too. Did u get 8400 for one of the?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending