The Student Room Group

School won't allow study leave!

My school is not allowing study leave as they claim that 'studies' show students attending school before exams results in better exam results. However, I feel like I am able to accomplish much more when at home, since I have the whole day purely dedicated to revision. I feel as though going to school will disadvantage me from reaching the grades I want, so should I fall 'ill' on some days, or should I simply just go to school?

Scroll to see replies

Deal with it. When I was doing my GCSEs I didn't have study leave.
I don't have study leave either and I'm actually glad about it; I really can't be bothered to work at home and get a lot more done at school.
Reply 3
I think my school is like that some years, and other years they allow study leave... Tbh I think that if you can prove that you will work better at home then you can at least ask your head of year or similar member of staff about working at home, which is what they are allowing this year.

I didn't get any study leave during GCSEs, but I did at AS. Not sure if we are getting it this year or not (A2) though...
I would talk to senior staff and see if you can come to an arrangement with them about it, I personally understand your reasoning and I think that having study leave helps. I'm in A2 and my study leave starts soon, but I remember that last year for AS, having study leave was really useful as if you got an exam you really want to do well in, you can spend more time on that than having to go to lessons and revising for the not so important in your opinion exams.
That being said, when I was doing my GCSE's, I had study leave and didn't do a damn thing, so only try and do this if you really are motivated. I didn't say this but if you can't, maybe you accidentally contracted the flu :wink:
Good Luck!
Reply 5
Original post by THE EPIC Panda
Deal with it. When I was doing my GCSEs I didn't have study leave.

Deal with it? When it could potentially affect my results? :biggrin:
Original post by davist
Deal with it? When it could potentially affect my results? :biggrin:

Are you having a laugh? You cannot be serious with that comment.
Original post by davist
My school is not allowing study leave as they claim that 'studies' show students attending school before exams results in better exam results. However, I feel like I am able to accomplish much more when at home, since I have the whole day purely dedicated to revision. I feel as though going to school will disadvantage me from reaching the grades I want, so should I fall 'ill' on some days, or should I simply just go to school?

Just skip lessons / days.
Reply 8
My school trialed this during our GCSE year, no study leave allowed. Returned the best set of results we'd ever had... :grin:
We were not allowed study leave unless we achieved out target grade in our mocks. I did achieve this and had study leave but still came to some lessons as I feel being in lessons you would revise more if you are easily procrastinated. :smile:
Original post by Vikingninja
Are you having a laugh? You cannot be serious with that comment.

If @davist wants to do well then hey :smile: Nothing wrong with being serious tbh i'm still pissed that i didn't get study leave :smile: Having study leave can change your grades rather than going into school and doing want teachers tell you to do :wink:
Reply 11
Stay off?
Just stay off, what they gonna do. Hate schools that always punish people who study just cos some idiots do nothing. Revision in class is so useless.
Reply 13
Original post by lulucoco98
Just stay off, what they gonna do. Hate schools that always punish people who study just cos some idiots do nothing. Revision in class is so useless.

I agree completely but my school is very persistent.
Original post by nisha.sri
If @davist wants to do well then hey :smile: Nothing wrong with being serious tbh i'm still pissed that i didn't get study leave :smile: Having study leave can change your grades rather than going into school and doing want teachers tell you to do :wink:

Very unlikely to happen to get more work done outside of class. Also my school allowed us more flexibility during what should've been our study leave.
Has anyone done the Gcse ocr gateway biology 2015 paper
Reply 16
Original post by nisha.sri

Do you plan to take some days off at least? :smile: The amount of work that can be done in a full day is incomparable to after school days where you're just feeling tired after a long day at school.
Reply 17
Original post by luciie
Stay off?

I wish it was that easy :smile:
Reply 18
My school didn't allow me back when I was doing my GCSEs and my friends' schools did which made me extremely jelly and believe me, All of them failed, I passed.
Original post by davist
Do you plan to take some days off at least? :smile: The amount of work that can be done in a full day is incomparable to after school days where you're just feeling tired after a long day at school.

No i don't really want my attendance to decrease so i would have to attend school. I know right :smile: I guess i just have to stick with it and do lots during the weekends. What are you planning to do?

Quick Reply

Latest