The Student Room Group

National 5 Biology 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M.U.A
Same, that question was quite tricky though, I had to use the knowledge of the radioactive decrease of a radioisotope to get that.

I got 2 hours ..I think I mucked up the transportation question :/
Reply 61
Original post by LMM18
What did everyone say for source of error for the pitfall trap?

I said bugs could walk around it :colondollar: Lol

Was that 2 marks or just 1?
Reply 62
Original post by M.U.A
I said too high above soil level or may not be camouflaged. What did you put?

I said inappropriate size of trap selected
Reply 63
How did everyone think it went. I feel like I did good though I have lost a mark in a calculation.
Reply 64
Original post by jj1814

I think it was 1
Reply 65
Original post by jj1814

I think it was just one.
Original post by jj1814
Am I the only one that found it hard!? I hate biology! I was hoping I could scrape a C but the boundaries will probably be going up :frown:

I found it sooo hard. I was predicted an A and got an A in my prelim but I don't think I'm going to get that.

The first thing I did when I got home was eat junk food and get into my pyjamas.

Now I'm going to watch Netflix and sulk.

It went so bad :s-smilie:
Original post by LMM18
What did everyone say for source of error for the pitfall trap?

I got leave the traps for too long for source of error
Reply 68
endocrine and degradation
Reply 69
Was the nat 5 bio this year very hard?

.. I heard people complaining about it on the way out of the exam hall while I was doing my higher

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M.U.A
I think it was why the rat something plant decreased, it was after calculating the average decrease of the plant

I don't remember that question. How many marks was it??
Reply 71
this is what I got for the multiple choice;
1) B 2) A 3) B 4) D 5)C 6)C 7)A 8)C 9)A 10) B 11) B 12)C 13) C
14) B 15) D 16)B 17)C 18) A 19)D 20) D

Did anyone get similar
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by _katie123123_
I don't remember that question. How many marks was it??

I think it was 1, and it was why a plant was decreasing and the meadow grass was increasing
Original post by M.U.A

Did anyone get similar

Got very similar. Apart from about 1 or 2? You've given me confidence thanks
Original post by M.U.A

Did anyone get similar

For question 3 on section A I got D but I wasn't sure and for question 20 I got C
do you have a copy of the paper you could upload?
Reply 76
I think for question 3 the reason why it was b was due to the fact the really bottom of the root was a 0% cell division but after that it was 50% and the it continued to drop directly proportionally by 20%, so that's why it took on the shape of a curve as it starts from zero increases then decreases. But for 20 I was a bit stuck 😬
Original post by M.U.A
I think for question 3 the reason why it was b was due to the fact the really bottom of the root was a 0% cell division but after that it was 50% and the it continued to drop directly proportionally by 20%, so that's why it took on the shape of a curve as it starts from zero increases then decreases. But for 20 I was a bit stuck 😬

Yeah 3 was B. For 20 I found it quite easy. If there're no fresh water shrimps then the algae was increase as there's nothing to eat them and the dragon fly nymph would decrease as there jo good for them if u get that??
Reply 78
Was it d for 20, that's what I put
Reply 79
Original post by _katie123123_
Yeah 3 was B. For 20 I found it quite easy. If there're no fresh water shrimps then the algae was increase as there's nothing to eat them and the dragon fly nymph would decrease as there jo good for them if u get that??

Do you know if can remember that question why the ratword plant was decreasing, it was after calculating the average decrease and before the pitfall trap error question

Quick Reply