The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Computer games technology or Computer games applications development??

Hello everyone! I was just wondering as I'm trying to choose between these two courses, what's the difference between them, because they look like almost the same course but given that I need to pick up just one, which one on your opinion should I take ?
Thank you
Reply 1
If you like Maths do Computer Games Tech
University logo
Abertay University
Reply 2
Game Tech is a harder course involving more maths but a larger chance of a job. You most likely could get a job with game applications but you'd need a good portfolio of work (probably relevant for any games job).

I'm aiming for Game Tech but it's requiring me to do Higher maths at a night class, got the exam this Thursday :afraid:
Reply 3
Original post by jay10101
If you like Maths do Computer Games Tech

so you're saying that it's better if I go for CGT ok, bt here's the problem I've been told that send an application for two courses is more difficult than send an application for just one (write a personal statement that satisfies both the requirements that two courses require), now given that this is a new thing (if you then add that I come from italy and we have a completely different process... ) I just wanted an advise, I'm too afraid that sending an application for both CGT and CGAD could invalidate my chances to get in, I've already reviewed some maths topic for CGAD and now I'm about to review CGT maths topics what do you suggest, do you think it's a good idea to try an application for two courses or just one? They're very similar (maybe the CGAD I think I may have more chances to get in there)Honestly speaking, if I had the chance to receive two unconditional offers for CGAD and CGT, I'd choose CGT, so tell me what you think thank you very muchlook forward for an answer
Reply 4
Original post by Jumph96
so you're saying that it's better if I go for CGT ok, bt here's the problem I've been told that send an application for two courses is more difficult than send an application for just one (write a personal statement that satisfies both the requirements that two courses require), now given that this is a new thing (if you then add that I come from italy and we have a completely different process... ) I just wanted an advise, I'm too afraid that sending an application for both CGT and CGAD could invalidate my chances to get in, I've already reviewed some maths topic for CGAD and now I'm about to review CGT maths topics what do you suggest, do you think it's a good idea to try an application for two courses or just one? They're very similar (maybe the CGAD I think I may have more chances to get in there)Honestly speaking, if I had the chance to receive two unconditional offers for CGAD and CGT, I'd choose CGT, so tell me what you think thank you very muchlook forward for an answer

If your applications are similar to ours then you'll be fine. It's only more diffucult if you are say applying for Networking and Computer Games Tech or even some other different subject altogether then it'd be difficult to write a statement to combine them both. CGT and CGAD are similar courses and their statements are similiar, you may want to involve maths more in your statement if you want into CGT but CGAD will see Maths as a Plus also.

Quick Reply

Latest