The Student Room Group

Islam

I want you to be honest.
I'm not going to verbally abuse you or anything.
I just want honest reasons for why people hate Islam. I know WHY in some cases. But if you are against our religion, is it because you don't understand it? Or that you don't have any other examples of Muslim to prove what the media say about us wrong?

Scroll to see replies

This wasn't a wise thread to make.
It condones the punishment of gay people
It believes in the murder of apostates
It says somewhere in the Quran that if a wife denies a husband sex she can be cursed
Rape in marriage is ok apparently
Girls get less portions than boys
Girls are advised to cover up because apparently the man can't control himself.
And the day Kim K becomes a nun will be the day Islam becomes compatible with Western culture

I could go on.

*gets popcorn
(edited 7 years ago)
Some non-muslims believe gay marriage is perfectly acceptable. Muslims consider it a sin.

Therefore, this is enough for many to condemn, attack, and hate Islam over.

Homosexuality is a central theme to this all - it is a key and touchy belief.
Reply 4
I don't really have an answer for this but can't we just have one giant Islam megathread for anything to do with islam, saves the Latest discussions having Islam spammed all the way through it.
Reply 6
Original post by kiransohail
I want you to be honest.
I just want honest reasons for why people hate Islam. I know WHY in some cases. But if you are against our religion, is it because you don't understand it? Or that you don't have any other examples of Muslim to prove what the media say about us wrong?

From my personal standpoint this is because a lot of the teachings, beliefs and ideas are not compatible with the UK culture.
Original post by Longshot800
I don't really have an answer for this but can't we just have one giant Islam megathread for anything to do with islam, saves the Latest discussions having Islam spammed all the way through it.

This. Haha. :biggrin:
I want you to be honest.

I'm against Islam because I understand it and have read the Qu'ran. Hopefully this can satisfy your question :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
lol you no idea behind the reasonings do you? You seem very uneducated, some things are in hadith not Quran and you've taken out bits and bobs
and the things you've said like rape is Ok and men can't control themselves are bs
That's your twisted view not the religions :h:

Please come off anon and tell me that. If you're so proud of what you're saying, say it loud and proud, not hiding behind some anon function sweetheart.

And I've read the Quran and still didn't agree with it so I have my reasons.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It condones the punishment of gay people
It believes in the murder of apostates
It says somewhere in the Quran that if a wife denies a husband sex she can be cursed
Rape in marriage is ok apparently
Girls get less portions than boys
Girls are advised to cover up because apparently the man can't control himself.
And the day Kim K becomes a nun will be the day Islam becomes compatible with Western culture

I could go on.

I thought I told you Saudi Arabia doesn't represent Islam. *sighs*
I want you to be honest.

Have you not seen the footage of WE'RE TAKING OVER THE COUNTRY on the Britain First channel?
Homosexuality. It is one of the most important things to people today - some people. If you even call it a sin, or speak a word against it, you will be hated, loathd, and sworn at.
Why do we hate islam, or why does islam hate us would be the better question
Original post by iqra2159

Hahahah :rofl:
So you completely missed what I said and changed the topic because you can't back yourself up
thanks sweetheart :h:

And again, hiding behind the anon function because you're too nervous about getting ripped apart.

I expected more from you tbh, whoever you are. And I said I had read the Quran and didn't agree with it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
And again, hiding behind the anon function because you're too nervous about getting ripped apart.

I expected more from you tbh, whoever you are.

still focusing on the fact I'm on anon rather than making a real comeback and focusing on the topic
looks like you're the one getting ripped apart lolol
Reply 17
It's hyper-conservative and I'm not fond of hyper-conservatism in the same way I'm not fond of fascism
still focusing on the fact I'm on anon rather than making a real comeback and focusing on the topic
looks like you're the one getting ripped apart lolol

Explain the death penalty for apostasy then, if you know so much about your religion. Because no religion of peace would have the death penalty for apostasy.

And still not answering my question. Pathetic asf. If you're so passionate about your religion, why can't you say it loud and proud?
(edited 7 years ago)
You're not being very honest in the reasons you give in your OP. It's possible to perfectly understand Islam, have read the Quran with tafsir and still find Islam to be a repugnant ideology.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending