The Student Room Group

can i bring dates into the UK?

so am back in england in 2 weeks and am going to bring some dates with me. i plan to bring five kilos but will split carrying it with my brother, we will have 2.5kg. am i allowed to bring them into the UK i dont want any hassle of getting into trouble as me and my brother are travelling on our own for the first time. Any advice would help :smile:
Original post by mkap
so am back in england in 2 weeks and am going to bring some dates with me. i plan to bring five kilos but will split carrying it with my brother, we will have 2.5kg. am i allowed to bring them into the UK i dont want any hassle of getting into trouble as me and my brother are travelling on our own for the first time. Any advice would help :smile:

It depends upon which country you're arriving from.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you have to declare them first, then they'll inspect them or something I think
Reply 3
These must be very small humans you are taking on dates.
Reply 4
Original post by KaptainCliff
It depends upon which country you're arriving from.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Saudi Arabia

Original post by BaronK
These must be very small humans you are taking on dates.

dates the fruit fam

Original post by orphan_black
I think you have to declare them first, then they'll inspect them or something I think

inspect them for what? im bringing em back as gifts for people.
Original post by mkap
Saudi Arabia

As far as I can tell, you can bring back 2kg per person. If you're unsure about anything though, as orphan_black suggested, declare them to customs after you've collected your luggage from the carousel. They will be able to guide you on whether you have to dispose of some or pay duty.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/bringing-food-animals-plants-into-uk/food

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mkap

yes its fine 2kg of fruit per person for personal use.
I thought you were bringing back some good looking Saudis or something :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
It will have to be 4kg because you and your brother are only allowed to carry 2kg each
Reply 9
If she's hot I don't see a problem :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mkap
Saudi Arabia

dates the fruit fam

inspect them for what? im bringing em back as gifts for people.
they inspect them because they could carry foreign and alien parasites, doesn't matter who you're bringing them for lol.
medjool? :sexface:
Reply 12
Original post by hezzlington
medjool? :sexface:

sukari dates are the best lmao :perv:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I thought you were bringing back some good looking Saudis or something :colonhash:

GL on that! :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest