The Student Room Group

How are Scottish Results shown?

Hi,
I'm wanting to ask a question that has probably been asked many times before but I am unable to locate the answer:
Do the SQA provide the percentage that you achieved in your exams e.g
maths- 87% or do they only provide the grade e.g Maths- A, B, C or D. Also, if they don't release percentages then do they provide you with which band you have recieved? e.g A Band 1?

Any information on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply 1
Your Scottish Qualifications Certificate has a list of all of the awards you have received, the grade you get, when it was awarded, and the units that accompany each qualification.
Your grade is shown simply as a letter (A-D, not sure if No Award is shown or not) for N5, H & AH courses, or as a pass or fail for N4 courses. The units for the qualifications are also just shown as a pass or fail. Unfortunately the band or percentage is not shown (which annoys the hell out of me and lots of other people) but you can get your percentage grade from your teachers when you go back to school in August.
You can see more here: http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/65952.2512.html
Reply 2
Original post by PTS_99
Your Scottish Qualifications Certificate has a list of all of the awards you have received, the grade you get, when it was awarded, and the units that accompany each qualification.
Your grade is shown simply as a letter (A-D, not sure if No Award is shown or not) for N5, H & AH courses, or as a pass or fail for N4 courses. The units for the qualifications are also just shown as a pass or fail. Unfortunately the band or percentage is not shown (which annoys the hell out of me and lots of other people) but you can get your percentage grade from your teachers when you go back to school in August.
You can see more here: http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/65952.2512.html

Original post by Med_Diablo
Hi,
I'm wanting to ask a question that has probably been asked many times before but I am unable to locate the answer:
Do the SQA provide the percentage that you achieved in your exams e.g
maths- 87% or do they only provide the grade e.g Maths- A, B, C or D. Also, if they don't release percentages then do they provide you with which band you have recieved? e.g A Band 1?

Any information on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

'No Award' is shown on a certificate I believe
Reply 3
Original post by Treen98
'No Award' is shown on a certificate I believe

Well, we just hope that we don't see it on there don't we? :biggrin: But good to know.
Reply 4
Alright, I'm guessing that means the school are provided with the exact percentage? if so, is this information on their website as I am unable to find it.
Reply 5
Original post by Med_Diablo
Alright, I'm guessing that means the school are provided with the exact percentage? if so, is this information on their website as I am unable to find it.

I don't know if it will be stated online or not but when the results are first released the schools only know the band, its only a week or two later that they find the exact percentage (not sure if this has been said yet)
Reply 6
No, neither your band or percentage appear on the MySQA website, simply a grade (A-D, No Award) as per your certificate.

Your teachers (well, actually your schools SQA coordinator, who usually passes it on to department heads, who pass it on etc) get the exact percentage every candidate sitting qualifications at that school/centre get in every award they are presented for, I know this for certain as I got my percentage from them for some of my subjects last year, they at least get this information by the time pupils return to school.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Thanks folks, the situation is now much clearer to me. Your help was much appreciated.
Reply 8
No bother at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending