The Student Room Group

Islam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It condones the punishment of gay people
It believes in the murder of apostates
It says somewhere in the Quran that if a wife denies a husband sex she can be cursed
Rape in marriage is ok apparently
Girls get less portions than boys
Girls are advised to cover up because apparently the man can't control himself.
And the day Kim K becomes a nun will be the day Islam becomes compatible with Western culture

I could go on.

*gets popcorn

The wife being cursed for refusing sex is something I'd have to research. ..

Yh girls cover to prevent rapes think about it would a rapist fall for someone who's covered?

Guys are also suppose to wear loose clothes..

Rape in marriage... hmm will need to research
Original post by Anonbabes

Yh girls cover to prevent rapes think about it would a rapist fall for someone who's covered?

Quran (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..."
I think many religions are old and should just be removed. The world is evolving and we can't keep living under rules that were SUPPOSEDLY made thousands of years ago.

So it would be fair to say its the girl's fault she gets raped if she's not covered properly?
Reply 24

God damn you are arrogant and blind to the truth

Posted from TSR Mobile
:cookie:
Explain the death penalty for apostasy then, if you know so much about your religion. Because no religion of peace would have the death penalty for apostasy.

And still not answering my question. Pathetic asf. If you're so passionate about your religion, why can't you say it loud and proud?

Ahh right. So I guess when I explained the death penalty for apostasy a while ago you either ignored it or just didn't comprehend? You also seem very hostile when it comes to debating an ideology.
Quran (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..."

Basically islam tells the wife to have sex when her husband asks to prevent him from doing haram. However, I'm sure a guy isn't allowed to physically beat her up.

The wife can say no but give valid reason eg on period.

I'm not that knowledgeable on this topic tbh
Original post by IAmNero
God damn you are arrogant and blind to the truth

Posted from TSR Mobile

What you think is the truth might not be

Original post by TelAviv
So it would be fair to say its the girl's fault she gets raped if she's not covered properly?

No not the girls fault it's the guys perception
Reply 29
Basically islam tells the wife to have sex when her husband asks to prevent him from doing haram. However, I'm sure a guy isn't allowed to physically beat her up.

Why not tell the husband directly not to do something haram?
Or tell him to keep his pants on? :dontknow:
Original post by champ_mc99
Ahh right. So I guess when I explained the death penalty for apostasy a while ago you either ignored it or just didn't comprehend? You also seem very hostile when it comes to debating an ideology.

When was this?
Original post by nucdev
Why not tell the husband directly not to do something haram?
Or tell him to keep his pants on? :dontknow:

Tbh telling someone isn't effective than taking action.

Idk

Are you indicating the wife should have sex with him no questions asked apart from when on her period?
Are you indicating the wife should have sex with him no questions asked apart from when on her period?

I'm stating what Islam says not my views
Reply 34
Random...but how are people on anon?....are only certain people allowed to be?....because I am not.
Reply 35
Explain the death penalty for apostasy then, if you know so much about your religion. Because no religion of peace would have the death penalty for apostasy.

There isn't a death penalty though. At least not from a quranic point of view although there are violent ones from hadith. But since quran is the primary source of god apostasy isn't punished by death in this life, most it talks about is how apostates will suffer in the after life. Which i kinda get, but then again if you don't really believe in the religion it shouldn't really matter, as you wouldn't really believe you'll go to hell for leaving a make believe religion after all, now should you? 🤔

But those who reject Faith after they accepted it, and then go on adding to their defiance of Faith,- never will their repentance be accepted; for they are those who have (of set purpose) gone astray.— Quran 3:90

Make ye no excuses: ye have rejected Faith after ye had accepted it. If We pardon some of you, We will punish others amongst you, for that they are in sin.— Quran 9:66

He who disbelieves in Allah after his having believed, not he who is compelled while his heart is at rest on account of faith, but he who opens (his) breast to disbelief-- on these is the wrath of Allah, and they shall have a grievous chastisement.— Quran 16:106

Those are the only versus I can find on apostasy in islam within the Quran^ not to mention they're english translations.

Btw I'm not anon - just thought I'd share my 2 cents as a recent bisexual-jewish-model-who-recently-walked-the-runway-practically-topless convert to this 'heinous' religion everyone seems to hate and fear :biggrin:

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
You're not being very honest in the reasons you give in your OP. It's possible to perfectly understand Islam, have read the Quran with tafsir and still find Islam to be a repugnant ideology.

But yeah I can see why you would hate islam though - unlike the OP - I mean it makes sense to me why people would hate it. Just sad though most people who hate the religion also share the same ideological interpretation of the religion as with extremists hence giving them validity over the moderate ones. Oh well tis life!

Original post by Loosey Goosey
x

Was munching on a cookie while typing too to be honest :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
people hate it cos of all the stuff they see on the media which basically brainwashed them
saying all muslims support radical groups with radical views is genuinely like saying all white people support the KKK or that all Germans support Hitler legit
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kiransohail
I want you to be honest.
I'm not going to verbally abuse you or anything.
I just want honest reasons for why people hate Islam. I know WHY in some cases. But if you are against our religion, is it because you don't understand it? Or that you don't have any other examples of Muslim to prove what the media say about us wrong?

From a psychological point of view mothers and daughters who chose to wear veils etc as a sign of "purity" and "niceness" leads to significant numbers of their brothers and fathers to view women who do not wear these veils as sexual predators or worse whores (see numerous examples from around the world).

Thus Muslim women who chose to wear veils are endangering other women (I believe statistically verifiably so) .

I believe in solidarity, giving in and wearing a veil, is not showing solidarity to your sisters who are struggling against patriarchy.

There "sheria law" - don't even go there.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Izaac0101
Have you not seen the footage of WE'RE TAKING OVER THE COUNTRY on the Britain First channel?

Do you believe everything you see? There are a lot of people who claim they do things in the name of Islam or that they do things that they claim are right, but they don't. Not everyone is the Muslim that we are taught to be like. Hope this clear it a little.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending