More Predictions...
Philosophy:
-Plato's Analogy of the Cave
-Kant's Criticisms of the Ontological Argument
-God as creator

Ethics:
-Explain the main principles of utilitarianism

Posted from TSR Mobile

If something like this came up, it would be wonderful.
Original post by RueXO
Ok

Yes, DM me the whatsapp too please.
Reply 62
Original post by RueXO
Hey guys :smile: I've got an AS philosophy &I ethics study group up on whatsapp. Currently only two other people in it though. If anyone wants to be in it please DM me name and number! Also If you do choose to be in it please do share resources such as pages from textbook, essays, or anything really (as you'd want other people to do so😊)
Cheers,
Rue.

(I choose whatsapp as we can easily send audio vns to explain things, easily take pics of stuff to send it, etc. It's just so convenient and easy)

Would it be cool if you add me to this whatsapp group ? DM me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VivekJ555
Would it be cool if you add me to this whatsapp group ? DM me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm no longer admin, but DM me
Original post by blahhitstof
Question 1
a) Explain Plato’s theory of Forms.b) Assess the claim that Plato does not value experience enough.
This is the last year of this paper, Plato has not been asked since 2013 but Plato’s Forms were not asked about since 2012. Question 2
a) Explain Anselm’s Ontological Argument.b) Assess Gaunilo’s challenge to Anselm.
The Ontological Argument was not asked since 2013. St Anselm was not asked since 2010.
Question 3
a) Explain Hume’s criticisms of the cosmological argument.b) To what extent was Hume successful in his critique of the cosmological argument?
The Cosmological Argument was asked in 2014, but Hume’s challenges were not asked since 2011.
Question 4
a) Explain the theodicies of both Augustine and Irenaeus.b) ‘There is no solution to the problem of evil and suffering.’ Discuss.
In 2014 the problem of evil was asked, but the theodicies were not asked since 2013. That question was about both theodicies. As it is the last paper it is likely at least one of the theodicies will be asked, perhaps both.
Found on : http://peped.org/philosophicalinvestigations/predictions-philosophy-religion-a2-2016/
they have one for ethics aswell!!!

Where is the ethics one? I can only find the one you have to pay for
Original post by sombm
Hi guys does anyone have a model answer to the June 2009 question: "Explain Aquinas' Cosmological Argument"? As I cannot seem to write anyway near enough sides. Thanks.

This essay landed me 24/25 - the equivalent of an A. Hope this might be of some help to you:smile:
Hey all, I'm obviously doing the exam as are all you I suspect. I know there isn't one particular method or format, but how do you people tend to lay out your (a + b) questions for both Philosophy & Ethics.

Thanks, Josh
Does anyone know what the 2015 ethics exam questions were?
Reply 68
Hi do you have essays for Augustine and Ireaneus' thoedicies please? (A01 and A02)
Original post by nizmo786
Hi do you have essays for Augustine and Ireaneus' thoedicies please? (A01 and A02)

I don't think I'm going to revise them. Is that a wise decision, or no? We only covered them briefly so i don't know them too well. However, based on the pattern of exams I think they might come up.
Reply 70
Original post by ThatGuyJosh
I don't think I'm going to revise them. Is that a wise decision, or no? We only covered them briefly so i don't know them too well. However, based on the pattern of exams I think they might come up.

So you've answered your own question
You're not going to revise them but you think it's going to come up? Therefore it's not a wise decision
Revise it, trust me. If it comes up you'll be glad that you went over it

Posted from TSR Mobile

The whole of evil and suffering is due to come up. I would probably revise it ahaha
Reply 72
Original post by jennaelizaaa
The whole of evil and suffering is due to come up. I would probably revise it ahaha

Also God as a creator may come up or the concept of creatio ex nihilo.
Reply 73
Kant's challenges to the ontological argument is due to come up as a 25 marker
As for...

Plato's ideas of forms

Hume's critics of the cosmological argument

Theodicy of Augustine (Evil)

God as creator

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys am really stuck on writing the part b questions any help???
Christian ethics, moral absolutism and all the applied theories for ethics and linking them to the theories am also finding hard.
Any help would be absolutely appreciated.

Thanks
Original post by RueXO
you can still join! :smile: we share stuff regularly so you can use our notes, and you can email us stuff if you want idk it's up to you, there's like 6 of us now

Hi, is there any chance I could join as well? :smile:
Hey all, I'm obviously doing the exam as are all you I suspect. I know there isn't one particular method or format, but how do you people tend to lay out your (a + b) questions for both Philosophy & Ethics.

Thanks, Josh

My teacher says always aim for about 5 paragraphs for part a), the first one being the introduction. For part b) I use this format when answering (it automatically gets you 6 marks even if it's not done well):
-for
-against
-for
-therefore ...

-against
-for
-against
-therefore ...

-it must not be forgotten that ... (then use something to say either for or against)
-in conclusion ...
can someone dm me or add me the group chat too pls x
Original post by RueXO
I'm no longer admin, but DM me

Hi,
Could you please DM me the whattsapp group?

Thanks
Reply 79
Does anyone know what questions came up last year so it is easier to narrow down the revision and prioritise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending