The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Pre-reg applications 2017/18

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by qadi56
I want to do hospital but i don't think i will get in, so i don't want to go through the application process and just be disheartened.

Also, for hospital you need to reject community placements and then wait to get a response from hospitals...

So its a risk you need to take. Not sure...

how about you?

I see what you mean. A lot of people from the year above told me they accepted a community pre-reg and thereafter applied to hospital. Once they got a hospital pre-reg they accepted it and rejected the community one, but it would leave a bad impression. Im not sure, im definitely more interested in community and so think I would prefer a prereg in community, but I guess theres no harm in trying hospital just to get experience of the interview process? Well, that is my plan for now anyway.
Reply 21
Original post by pharmacy20
I see what you mean. A lot of people from the year above told me they accepted a community pre-reg and thereafter applied to hospital. Once they got a hospital pre-reg they accepted it and rejected the community one, but it would leave a bad impression. Im not sure, im definitely more interested in community and so think I would prefer a prereg in community, but I guess theres no harm in trying hospital just to get experience of the interview process? Well, that is my plan for now anyway.

Not all contracts are easy to get out of once signed. Especially boots.
Reply 22
Original post by qadi56
Not all contracts are easy to get out of once signed. Especially boots.

Yes of course. Im planning to stick to community anyway hopefully!
Reply 23
I have been told by boots that "under offer" should mean the offer details have been sent through.

:biggrin: (I think this is good?)

But i haven't yet received anything. They said we should hear back for pre reg by end of the week.
Reply 24
Original post by qadi56
I have been told by boots that "under offer" should mean the offer details have been sent through.

:biggrin: (I think this is good?)

But i haven't yet received anything. They said we should hear back for pre reg by end of the week.

Congrats!!!!! :biggrin: im sure you will get the email soon! I called them and they told me by the end of next week. I believe they're doing it region by region so they told me to keep checking the HR status as it will change in a couple of days. Hopefully I get an offer too! :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by pharmacy20
Congrats!!!!! :biggrin: im sure you will get the email soon! I called them and they told me by the end of next week. I believe they're doing it region by region so they told me to keep checking the HR status as it will change in a couple of days. Hopefully I get an offer too! :smile:

Thank you! I'm still trying not to get my hopes up until I get the official offer through email or something. I hope you get it tooo! :smile:))
Reply 26
Original post by qadi56
Thank you! I'm still trying not to get my hopes up until I get the official offer through email or something. I hope you get it tooo! :smile:))

Thank you!! :smile:
Reply 27
My uni have just had an email from our boots rep saying that we should get the responses the week commencing 9th May :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Lysipud
My uni have just had an email from our boots rep saying that we should get the responses the week commencing 9th May :smile:

Ive been told we should get the responses by next friday. :biggrin:

I also have a lloyds placement that i need to send a reply too. so ideally i want the official offer from boots before the 9th.
Reply 29
Anyone recieved any news yet?
Reply 30
Original post by qadi56
Anyone recieved any news yet?

Nope, it's this week commencing the 9th we will hear.
Reply 31
Original post by Lysipud
Nope, it's this week commencing the 9th we will hear.

okay cheers.
Reply 32
Has anyone heard from Boots ? thought they should get back to us by today ><
Original post by cndy0214

Hey guys.. I have heard back today. Got an email welcoming me to the team and giving me a link to Their onboarding portal. Filling out forms online. Hope you guys got yours too
Anyone get placed in somewhere really far? is there any way to appeal?
Original post by pharmacologist
Anyone get placed in somewhere really far? is there any way to appeal?

How do you know where you got placed?I only got email stating my login details
Reply 36
Original post by Maddass911
How do you know where you got placed?I only got email stating my login details

Login into the portal and look at forms, it gives you your offer letter and on the letter it says your store :smile:
Reply 37
I can't even get into the portal because of the plug in stuff haha! Had this before with the summer placement!
Reply 38
Original post by cndy0214

I heard back today and I got it at the store I work part time in now!
Excited :smile:)))
Hello, has anyone worked in Boots in Salisbury before? I have an offer for pre-reg there but I am really indecisive now as I am from the north of England. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest