The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3240
Original post by Lúcio
Don't be a manlet then

Bitch please you're probably not even my height and can't even dunk a 9ft rim let alone a 10ft.

Original post by trapking
do you squat bro? that will help massively.

Intermittently. Can squat off one leg so I guess I got good power in the legs, I think it's mainly an issue of technique. I dunk with my left hand and jump off my right leg.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Bitch please you're probably not even my height and can't even dunk a 9ft rim let alone a 10ft.

1) I am 6ft manmore
2) I'm white so of course I can't dunk

Intermittently. Can squat off one leg so I guess I got good power in the legs, I think it's mainly an issue of technique. I dunk with my left hand and jump off my right leg.

Can you squat your bodyweight?

Implement some rate of force development training principles and improve your squat! (focus a bit more on lower rep ranges i.e. 3-5 reps than high 8+).
Reply 3243
Original post by Lúcio
1) I am 6ft manmore
2) I'm white so of course I can't dunk

Probably e statting or measuring with heels but either way you can't hate on me.
Probably e statting or measuring with heels but either way you can't hate on me.

It was just banter :frown:
You're black, you can obviously dunk x

U on clubs later?
Reply 3245
Original post by Lúcio
It was just banter :frown:
You're black, you can obviously dunk x

U on clubs later?

May be on clubs later but I got temp job searching to do. Also found a potential avenue to work at home, so will look to pursue that avenue over the next month or two.

Can you squat your bodyweight?Implement some rate of force development training principles and improve your squat! (focus a bit more on lower rep ranges i.e. 3-5 reps than high 8+).
Basically I don't use high weights but I'd assume I could squat my bodyweight quite comfortably, it's probably the equivalent of doing a one legged squat(can do 10 on each leg).Made me lol when people laughed at me because I said I don't use weights when squatting but if we were to do a contest for who could squat the most reps I'll easily get 200.

I've never really used weights when squatting due to lack of access, what I will say is that when doing leg press I was always able to press the highest weight in the gym for a good 5+ reps.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zKlown
@rEaR vIeW

Stephan El Shaarawy >>> Zayn

@Dirtybit please confirm

Give it to her bro, maybe you can teach her some tech in Basketball?

Can confirm @SA-1 takes pictures of a rainbow followed by some tumblr inspired quote on LinkedIn to get the likes in.

Do you know @SirAlexFerguson ???

TK tried so hard with this post

- zK

I do not

Basically I don't use high weights but I'd assume I could squat my bodyweight quite comfortably, it's probably the equivalent of doing a one legged squat(can do 10 on each leg).Made me lol when people laughed at me because I said I don't use weights when squatting but if we were to do a contest for who could squat the most reps I'll easily get 200.

Yes but bear in mind you're training your endurance more doing that rather than explosive power (which is what you should be focusing on). Once you focus on building that explosive power you will get those few extra cm's to your vertical jump.

Look up Johnny Candito on youtube he's much shorter than you (5'7.5 ish i believe) but he can dunk and touch the rings....

His squat is stupidly strong but he has also implemented rate of force development training.
Reply 3248
Yes but bear in mind you're training your endurance more doing that rather than explosive power (which is what you should be focusing on). Once you focus on building that explosive power you will get those few extra cm's to your vertical jump.

Look up Johnny Candito on youtube he's much shorter than you (5'7.5 ish i believe) but he can dunk and touch the rings....

His squat is stupidly strong but he has also implemented rate of force development training.

Yeah good point. If I can get access to weights I'll do that. Otherwise I'll just do one legged and jump squats/burpees until then.

I guess with the endurance aspect this probably also means I'm probably better at long distance running. My legs don't get tired very quickly but I can't get a lot of power in my legs when I sprint. My top speed is quite good but the initial acceleration from a ground start is poor.

My aim is to dunk before the end of the year. I couldn't reach the rim before with one hand but now I can do it without that. Problem is that my fitness aims are varied. Along with that I need to improve my long distance running(aim to do the london marathon next year) and also aim to learn martial arts(kickboxing ideally)
Yeah good point. If I can get access to weights I'll do that. Otherwise I'll just do one legged and jump squats/burpees until then.

I guess with the endurance aspect this probably also means I'm probably better at long distance running. My legs don't get tired very quickly but I can't get a lot of power in my legs when I sprint. My top speed is quite good but the initial acceleration from a ground start is poor.

My aim is to dunk before the end of the year. I couldn't reach the rim before with one hand but now I can do it without that. Problem is that my fitness aims are varied. Along with that I need to improve my long distance running(aim to do the london marathon next year) and also aim to learn martial arts(kickboxing ideally)

Pistol squats can be good too! If you don't have access to weights put heavy books in a bag strap it to your back then squat with the resistance (ghetto but it works lol)!

Focus on one thing at a time though before moving onto another!

I used to do martial arts myself for 3 years and a little bit! I did Judo and wanted to compete for GB actually but had to put all that on hold caz of uni (tho my sensei is the current paralympic coach for the great Britain team right now) :smile:
@LFC_RV and @The Wavefunction are Catalina and Big Smoke.

@trapking pls confirm.
Reply 3251
Pistol squats can be good too! If you don't have access to weights put heavy books in a bag strap it to your back then squat with the resistance (ghetto but it works lol)!

Focus on one thing at a time though before moving onto another!

I used to do martial arts myself for 3 years and a little bit! I did Judo and wanted to compete for GB actually but had to put all that on hold caz of uni (tho my sensei is the current paralympic coach for the great Britain team right now) :smile:

Good point. Think i'll try the book technique. I was more thinking that most of my issues is just losing weight. If I lower my bf percentage there's less weight for my legs to actually squat to jump. I still think that's a big issue, although it can be solved by force development training so I don't have to always maintain <12% bf to dunk.
Original post by swirly
@LFC_RV and @The Wavefunction are Catalina and Big Smoke.

@trapking pls confirm.

Cc.

LFC looks like some chick I dick slapped a while back tho.
Original post by Lúcio
Mate she's Welsh. It's like a free pass...

Can a northerner really dish out insults about other parts of the UK?
Original post by LFC_RV
I do not

Thoughts on Luke and Zayn (separately pls)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm that was only for a few rounds but he surely won the rest! The Alvarez fight is debatable tbh but the Cotto one is a definite Mayweather loss!

And it depends.... if youre talking just boxing between those two then yes I agree but if you're saying put Mayweather and Mcgregor in the ring together and just let them fight then Mcgregor will make him look silly.

Lol you absolute casual
Cc.

LFC looks like some chick I dick slapped a while back tho.

Who's Mariam?
Original post by The Wavefunction
Can a northerner really dish out insults about other parts of the UK?

I'm Irish m8
Original post by swirly
Who's Mariam?

a hot chica!

:lol:
a hot chica!

:lol:

Did you hit it?

Latest