The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TrojanH
like i say... they will all likely share similar IDA's...

Yes, but you use different ones in each essay. For example use determinism and practical application in one, then use reductionism/limited view in another, and nature vs nurture, limitations of the theory and research etc etc.
Original post by TrojanH
That's awesome, thanks! My teachers are new to the A Level and so I don't really trust the marks I get. Do you know anybody that would be willing to grade any of my essays?

I will, tweet me at blonde underscore pretzel to request a grade for an essay
Original post by A-LJLB
Yes, but you use different ones in each essay. For example use determinism and practical application in one, then use reductionism/limited view in another, and nature vs nurture, limitations of the theory and research etc etc.

Hold on... Why would the IDA for one Bio Rhythms impact what I can use of aggression, they're supposed to be marked as individual essays?
What if I have to do 3 essays on biology, that would mean I could only use reductionism and nature vs nurture once.... That's ridiculous?
You can't assign any old IDA to any essay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TMC113
Hold on... Why would the IDA for one Bio Rhythms impact what I can use of aggression, they're supposed to be marked as individual essays?
What if I have to do 3 essays on biology, that would mean I could only use reductionism and nature vs nurture once.... That's ridiculous?
You can't assign any old IDA to any essay

Posted from TSR Mobile

No no just make sure you don't use the exact same points for all essays, have some variation. Anyway if you elaborate and link the points effectively they shouldn't be the same. This is what I have been told and read around.
Original post by A-LJLB
No no just make sure you don't use the exact same points for all essays, have some variation. Anyway if you elaborate and link the points effectively they shouldn't be the same. This is what I have been told and read around.

Well that goes without saying, but as long as you link it then you could use the same one... I will always use 'use of animals' when I have the opportunity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TMC113
Well that goes without saying, but as long as you link it then you could use the same one... I will always use 'use of animals' when I have the opportunity

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the end of the day, do what you want to do.
Original post by notafail
does anyone have any predictions for schizophrenia and relationships? ahh i'm desperate

Relationships: breakdown or sexual selection are both high contenders. This video covers everything for breakdown https://youtu.be/nvq7CMr37nM
Good luck!
ss.pngCan someone please answer this?
Original post by Blonde_Pretzel
I will, tweet me at blonde underscore pretzel to request a grade for an essay

Thank you very much! I'll be sure to send you one or two soon. :smile:
Original post by ellie0497

I did this for the December mock and got 9, I'll send a photo over to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1462655338.019682.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1462655350.608741.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

This was very helpful! Thank you so much
This was very helpful! Thank you so much

I hope you could read it!
It seems most people are doing addiction in unit 4. How is everyone revising for this?
Does anybody know if there is a PSYA1 resit thread? Only 8 days to go!
Original post by NatalieUK
Does anybody know if there is a PSYA1 resit thread? Only 8 days to go!

hey am sitting this paper too, r u ready? i have only started doing past papers am soo scared.....
Reply 496
Has anyone got any revision notes they wanna share? Would be much appreciated:smile:
Original post by noey123
hey am sitting this paper too, r u ready? i have only started doing past papers am soo scared.....

Model A* essay, more to come https://psychologystudentsblog.wordpress.com/discuss-the-role-of-minority-influence-in-social-change-12-marks/
Reply 498
has anyone got any flashcards or a list of terms and theories and researchers and that?
would be much appreciated as i study from home and don't have a school to get resources from!
Can lifespan changes in sleep ever be a 24 marker?

Latest

Trending

Trending