The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leukocyte
A non-Muslim teaching me. Great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Only a Muslim (somebody who follows and believes in the doctrines of Islam) can have a valid opinion on the doctrine of Islam"

Muslim logic.
Reply 141
Because there aren't enough people who discriminate Sikhs, Buddhists and Hindus to make new words for them.
Original post by Butternuts96
Ironically your name is "Good bloke" yet you spew so much hatred.

When you interpret historical facts as "hatred" then that's probably a sign that you're utterly deluded.
Original post by weamy
I have a theory. It may not be right, but I'm just putting it out there.

What do the West (the government, not the general population) love? - Oil (Look at what happened to Iraq)
Where are the majority of muslim countries? - The Middle East
What is the middle east rich in? - Oil
How can the West get more oil? - 'Doing an Iraq'
How can they justify an invasion? - Propoganga of Islamophobia

Ta-da.

If they are any flaws, please let me know. Educate or be educated is my motto.

Take your own advise then since tinfoil hat conspiracy theories are nearly exclusively the domain of uneducated hicks.
If hatred of Islam was simply down to racism, as people are quick to claim, you'd expect there to be just as much hatred of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Sikhism, right? Except no-one really cares about these religions that coincidentally stir up no trouble and danger in the West (or most of the world).

If I draw Krishna in an unflattering way, I'm in no danger of being threatened or killed. If I say something negative about the Buddha, I'm not going to see rioting in the streets. If I publish a silly cartoon about Jesus, Canadian embassies aren't going to be fire bombed and raided by huge angry mobs of disgruntled Christians. Those who follow the religion of peace, however, aren't likely to be quite so peaceful and accommodating...
Original post by Saad69
You dont know the meaning of the word factual do u?

I do. Which of my factual claims is wrong, and why? Was Mohammed not a warlord? Did he not lead his people? Were they not superstitious? Did he not achieve success in his military endeavours?
Well if a neutral person were to go through your posts and was asked the question "Is Good Bloke an islamophobe", most likely they will affirm it. This is just common sense. The same thing would apply if you asked them "Does he have love or hatred for muslims?"

It's just that it surprises me; the extent and passion some of you lot have on TSR to spend a significant time of your day trying to bring down the islamic faith. Are you threatened by Muslims/Islam? I dunno. But something has to explain your obsession.

You have, again, not answered my reasonable questions. What is it about what I said that is hateful, specifically? And what definition of "Islamophobe" are you using?
Original post by Zargabaath
i should've listened to your advice, the butthurt was strong :afraid:
i expected too much from the Dharmic faiths :lol:

Butthurt? Not really. Given the nefarious agenda of certain Hinduvta groups to distort, bastardise and absorb all "Indic" religions, it's important for Sikhs to explain their faith and preserve its unique identity to avoid being homogenised.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Butthurt? Not really. Given the nefarious agenda of certain Hinduvta groups to distort, bastardise and absorb all "Indic" religions, it's important for Sikhs to explain their faith and preserve its unique identity to avoid being homogenised.

pls
[QUOTE=Good bloke;64688361]You have, again, not answered my reasonable questions. What is it about what I said that is hateful, specifically? And what definition of "Islamophobe" are you using?

First you gotta agree that it's hateful speech? It's hateful from the top to bottom as you are spreading lies about a religion.

Second, I don't study a mickey mouse degree like sociology to give you a textbook definition of islamophobe.

Now answer my question; what is your obsession with Islam and why do you feel it's a productive use of your time to try and bring down Islam?
Mainly because we don't have very many of them in the country. With Muslims there are enough of them that they are politically visible but at the same time there aren't enough of them that they graduate from "other" status. There is plenty of phobia of other religions in Asian countries where there are enough of them.

And let's not forget that a large part of Muslim hatred is just racism redirected onto a religion which conveniently is associated with political enemies of the West. Back before racism became completely taboo it was expressed against almost all categories non-white people.
(edited 7 years ago)
pls

Sorry bro, I didn't know I was being a pesky little Sikh by politely correcting your misconception :rolleyes:
Original post by 0to100
Err no. Did you just start reading newspapers last year mate? Islamaphobia is a thousand years old. Literally. Ever heard of the Crusades, friend?
The Hebrew Exodus?
The Hellenistic era?
Gaza?
British Repatriation of Pakistani Muslims, specifically in the 70s?
9/11?
:rolleyes:

Are you saying the existence of ISIS has nothing to do with islamaphobia among people in this generation?
Original post by Proxenus
Are you saying the existence of ISIS has nothing to do with islamaphobia among people in this generation?

Oh stop the ******** :rolleyes: I'm saying your education is limited. You said "ISIS, simple as." Lmao goodbye with that incorrect unaware nonsense.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Sorry bro, I didn't know I was being a pesky little Sikh by politely correcting your misconception :rolleyes:

dima y u do dis 2 me? :frown:

Spoiler

pls

That's all?
dima y u do dis 2 me? :frown:

Spoiler

Fair enough :tongue:
Original post by lNurl
Think about it, why don't America care about North Korea? Because they don't have oil, or anything that America/West can exploit.

Yeah, that must be it. Nothing to do with the authoritarian communist regime, constant infringements of human rights, illegal testing of nuclear weaponry and repeated threats to nuke South Korea, the US and the Western world in general. It's because they aren't sat on an oil field. If North Korea was in the North Sea, the US would be best mates with them......
First you gotta agree that it's hateful speech? It's hateful from the top to bottom as you are spreading lies about a religion.

Second, I don't study a mickey mouse degree like sociology to give you a textbook definition of islamophobe.

Now answer my question; what is your obsession with Islam and why do you feel it's a productive use of your time to try and bring down Islam?

I shall answer your question when I get a proper answer to my own. You say my whole post is hateful and that it is full of lies. I do not understand as it contains no lies. What is factually wrong?

If you don't know what it means, or cannot give a working definition of it, why hurl this blanket accusation at everyone who disagrees with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending