The Student Room Group

Land Law revision-is it possible in 3 days?

Hey guys,

so I have an upcoming land law exam, and I was just wondering how possible it is to study for three days and get a 2:1. Also, any tips for essay writing?

Much appreciated!
Original post by YourLegalness
Hey guys,

so I have an upcoming land law exam, and I was just wondering how possible it is to study for three days and get a 2:1. Also, any tips for essay writing?

Much appreciated!

Depends on how many questions you have to do and how many questions are available on your exam. If you are able to do question spotting and know which potential topics would come up, I think it might be possible to pull it off, provided that you know the topic inside out. Otherwise, I would say that it's going to be really hard to achieve a 2:1 with three days of revision.
Reply 2
Of course it's not possible.
Original post by Estreth
Of course it's not possible.

Does it have to be impossible?
Reply 4
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Does it have to be impossible?

Mine was supposed to be a suitably flippant answer to an obviously silly question. Land law is structually complex and heavy on statute. I would not expect a student who devoted only three days' revision to it (presumably having studied it at least several months previously) to get a 2:1 in it unless they had a truly astonishing memory or were on a very poor law course.
There isn't a straightforward answer to this question - it depends on the structure of your course, the amount of studying you did throughout the year etc. At this point I would strongly advise you to be strategic and work backwards from the exam paper. You won't get anywhere by mindlessly flipping through your lecture notes or copying out textbooks. I'm sure that your uni provides you with past papers and sample answers, if not then use the internet to your advantage. Try to write answers for as many exam questions as possible. It's fine if you can't do this without looking at your notes first, but do try to write from your memory whenever you can. If you do this often enough, you will start to remember many rules without even realising.

With that said, my course is not easy by any means but I believe that it may be possible to pull this off in land law if one really knows what they are doing, but it is still risky. We get to choose three out of seven questions, each pertaining to a standalone topic. This allows one to choose around three or four subjects to know really well. If your exams follow a similar structure, then selective revision will be a helpful strategy for you. If your examiners like to mix it up, then you need to understand which topics tend to come up as a package (e.g. co-ownership, proprietary estoppel, constructive trusts and mortgages).
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending