The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths

Last years papers were much harder than usual. do you think this year will he harder? i think so because of this being the last year to do this type

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really hope so but apparently this year will be even harder because next year will be a new maths spec, so these have to be the hardest of the old spec!
Fingers crossed and good luck!:biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by ksj.11
Last years papers were much harder than usual. do you think this year will he harder? i think so because of this being the last year to do this type

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it might be to smoothen out the harder papers coming next year with the new specification
Reply 3
Original post by sunshine774
I really hope so but apparently this year will be even harder because next year will be a new maths spec, so these have to be the hardest of the old spec!

Hopefully not
Reply 4
whoops better hit up the past papers then... ive never really revised and ive been good but im kinda worried now, in my last two mocks I got A's and ive gotten A's in some papers ive done. do you think i can pull it off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ksj.11
whoops better hit up the past papers then... ive never really revised and ive been good but im kinda worried now, in my last two mocks I got A's and ive gotten A's in some papers ive done. do you think i can pull it off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course you can! Maths is a subject which is different to others because you actually need to understand it- as oppose to memorising stuff. As you've been solidly getting A's you'll be fine! Just make sure you practice a few harder A* questions- bland.in is good for this!
Remember to telling yourself you can do this- you WILL get that A/A*!
GOOD LUCK!
Reply 6
Original post by sunshine774

Do you reckon the grade boundaries will be lower if it's a harder paper? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
Do you reckon the grade boundaries will be lower if it's a harder paper? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Grade boundaries rely on the students who do well, that's howthey pick the boundaries,

If the papaer is made harder it will be made harder for everyone but there still has to be an A* candidate out there so yes the boundries will probably lower.
Reply 8
Original post by CopyThat
Grade boundaries rely on the students who do well, that's howthey pick the boundaries,

If the papaer is made harder it will be made harder for everyone but there still has to be an A* candidate out there so yes the boundries will probably lower.

Oh right. My friend did a maths exam a few months ago for the government as that was what they were basing the grade boundaries on so I assume the questions she did will be of a similar difficulty to the actual paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ksj.11

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will let u know in june.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by physicsmaths
I will let u know in june.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're a jezzy

Quick Reply

Latest