The Student Room Group

`new A level chemistry questions style for 2016 onwards

Hey guys,
just had my physical and inorganic mock exam today it was HORRIBLE!! even through i revised plenty, i believe the exam questions were very much about the skills rather than actually knowing the content, I really dont know how to revise now bacuse the questions from past papaers are very different exam style questions from now so i dont see the point.
SO I REQUEST IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW CAN I ACCESS THOSE TYPE OF EXAM STYLE QUESTIONS AND PREPARE FOR HIGH GRADES.
I feel the exact same way :frown:(
Did the paper have a question on the mass spectrometer with physics equations?
Reply 3
Original post by WilmaWizard
Did the paper have a question on the mass spectrometer with physics equations?

yea it did there was a question about kinetics
Reply 4
This was sooo solid. No one in my college got above a C (those who'd usually be on A's)
I hope the real thing isnt like that..just remember it is a specimen
Original post by Yusufff
This was sooo solid. No one in my college got above a C (those who'd usually be on A's)
I hope the real thing isnt like that..just remember it is a specimen

yh its a specimmen, which means it is similar to what we will get.
Revision: https://chemrevise.org/revision-guides/

Questions: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/exams-guidance/find-past-papers-and-mark-schemes
(Select chemistry and the 7404 7405 spec for specimen exam papers for AS and A-level)

This is how I revise currently anyway, hope it helps
Reply 7
Original post by Science_help
yh its a specimmen, which means it is similar to what we will get.

True but also it hasn't been thoroughly checked before release
yup in our mocks most people got U's, that means the grade boundaires for an A will be lower than 80% because there is now way they can be higher witht he amount of people struggling with the new spec, luckily i got a high B in unit 1 spec paper and a high A in the unit 2 spec paper so hopefully i'll be okay
Maybe 45%-50% for a C in this years paper
Reply 10
The specimen paper 2 was so hard. Will the real exam be like that as well?
Reply 11
Specimen papers are always harder than the real thing. I'd strongly suggest the Paddington academy booklets for chemistry that splits questions by topic so will give you lots of practice
My teacher thinks they will be harder, he though the unit 2 specimen was too easy, so I guess no one knows until the real thing, how low do u recon the grade boundaries will be for an A? Are people at your college getting low grades too? Cuz at my college they are, and since my college is 3000people big that gives a good idea that the rest of the country are stugglkng too
I don't think anybody is finding this new a level course easy. It's much harder than the old Chem1 and Chem2
Do u do Edexcel? We do and I find its much worse than the new OCR
No AQA
Ah okay, well I don't know about that board
where can you get those booklets ???
Original post by Jehaan
Specimen papers are always harder than the real thing. I'd strongly suggest the Paddington academy booklets for chemistry that splits questions by topic so will give you lots of practice

where can you get those booklets ???
Reply 19
Google Paddington academy chemistry and the booklets should come up

Quick Reply

Latest