The Student Room Group

Am I ready for my theory test? AMA*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Juno
I wasn't sure if you were asking a question as a test, or wanted clarification on a point you didn't know

Ohhh, nah, I passed my theory and practical over 3 years ago :lol:
Reply 41
Original post by cherryred90s
Visibility must be seriously reduced to 100m or less

You're still driving along the motorway in thick fog. You notice the cats eyes to the right of you are red. What do you do?
I'll give you options coz I'm nice.
Stay in lane and continue on your journey
Move one lane to the left
Move one lane to the right
Exit at the next junction
Original post by Juno
You're still driving along the motorway in thick fog. You notice the cats eyes to the right of you are red. What do you do?
I'll give you options coz I'm nice.
Stay in lane and continue on your journey
Move one lane to the left
Move one lane to the right
Exit at the next junction

Stay in lane and continue your journey.
Reply 43
Stay in lane and continue your journey.

Why?
Original post by Juno
Why?

Oh wait, I'm confused now:frown:

The red cats eyes are always on the left, so how can they be on the right of you?
Reply 45
Oh wait, I'm confused now:frown:

The red cats eyes are always on the left, so how can they be on the right of you?

That's what you're supposed to figure out!

The red cats eyes are on the leftt of the road, to show the hard shoulder. So if they're on your right it means you're on the hard shoulder
Original post by Juno
That's what you're supposed to figure out!

The red cats eyes are on the leftt of the road, to show the hard shoulder. So if they're on your right it means you're on the hard shoulder

Omg I knew that as well. I don't know why I panicked! Give me another one :biggrin: no more mistakes I promise
Reply 47
Omg I knew that as well. I don't know why I panicked! Give me another one :biggrin: no more mistakes I promise

I can't think of another one and I don't know where my highway code is. It used to be on my bedside table but isn't now.

You are parked at night on a road (as in not a car park, lay-by or other such thing). The speed limit on said road is 40mph. What must you do?
Original post by Juno
I can't think of another one and I don't know where my highway code is. It used to be on my bedside table but isn't now.

You are parked at night on a road (as in not a car park, lay-by or other such thing). The speed limit on said road is 40mph. What must you do?

put your parking lights on :biggrin:
Reply 49
put your parking lights on :biggrin:

And name 3 places you cannot park, ie 3 things that would mean you can't park there
Original post by Juno
And name 3 places you cannot park, ie 3 things that would mean you can't park there

In this scenario or in general? Actually, I don't think the answer is any different lol.

Double yellow, those zig zag lines and disabled parking spaces?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 51
In this scenario or in general? Actually, I don't think the answer is any different lol.

Double yellow, those zig zag lines and disabled parking spaces?

Yeah, there's hundreds of places you can't park. Brow of a hill is a good one to remember.

What is the closest you can park to a junction?
Can you stop on double yellow lines to set down passengers?
When can you leave the engine running when parked?
What should you do when parking a manual car facing downhill?
Original post by Juno
Yeah, there's hundreds of places you can't park. Brow of a hill is a good one to remember.

That is a good one, I've seen it come up in some mocks. Brow of a hill, noted!

What is the closest you can park to a junction?

At least 10m
Can you stop on double yellow lines to set down passengers?

I'm going to say no. I believe you can only pick up and set down passengers on a single yellow line.
When can you leave the engine running when parked?

Never
What should you do when parking a manual car facing downhill?

Tough one :frown:
I'm going to say turn the steering wheel towards the curb
Reply 53
That is a good one, I've seen it come up in some mocks. Brow of a hill, noted!

At least 10m

I'm going to say no. I believe you can only pick up and set down passengers on a single yellow line.

Never

Tough one :frown:
I'm going to say turn the steering wheel towards the curb

You can stop on double yellow lines to load or unload, which includes passengers, as long as there are no other markings (yellow lines on the kerb) or signs that tell you not to.

I specified manual car for a reason :p:
Original post by Juno
You can stop on double yellow lines to load or unload, which includes passengers, as long as there are no other markings (yellow lines on the kerb) or signs that tell you not to.

I specified manual car for a reason :p:

:frown: I guess I need to revise much more than I anticipated
I believe the second is end of dual carriageway. I'm also preparing for my theory even though it's ages away:tongue:

Have you got the £4.99 app?

Original post by Juno
You're still driving along the motorway in thick fog. You notice the cats eyes to the right of you are red. What do you do?I'll give you options coz I'm nice.Stay in lane and continue on your journeyMove one lane to the leftMove one lane to the rightExit at the next junction

Was the answer move one lane to the right?

Original post by Juno
You can stop on double yellow lines to load or unload, which includes passengers, as long as there are no other markings (yellow lines on the kerb) or signs that tell you not to. I specified manual car for a reason

I think cherry forgot to add to put the handbrake on as well as steering towards the curb?
:frown: I guess I need to revise much more than I anticipated

Tbh, while it's good to know these things, a lot of her questions aren't going to come up in the theory test :redface:
Reply 57
Original post by WoodyMKC
Tbh, while it's good to know these things, a lot of her questions aren't going to come up in the theory test :redface:

I got one of the questions in my most recent test :sad:
Original post by Juno
I got one of the questions in my most recent test :sad:

Not saying none of them will come up :redface: Just some definitely won't. Still good to know these things though, no good finding out once you've passed and then you come across signs or situations that you have no idea of the ruling on :lol:
Original post by similarBlank
Have you got the £4.99 app?

Was the answer move one lane to the right?

I think cherry forgot to add to put the handbrake on as well as steering towards the curb?

Damn, handbrake! I knew that :frown:

And yes I have the app!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending