The Student Room Group

Is it too late to get grades with all As and A*s if I work hard?

What do you think- i'm an A/A* pupil generally, but when I revise I get A*s

My GCSEs start on 17th May.
Reply 1
you've left it a little late, but no it is possible. But prepare to give up your social life/netflix/ xbox/ps3-4/ etc. You'll need to do at least 30mins of every subject (preferably an hour though!), and do a ton of past papers. You'll probably burn out, but if youre really determined to get those grades you'll suck it up and do it.
Original post by donte
you've left it a little late, but no it is possible. But prepare to give up your social life/netflix/ xbox/ps3-4/ etc. You'll need to do at least 30mins of every subject (preferably an hour though!), and do a ton of past papers. You'll probably burn out, but if youre really determined to get those grades you'll suck it up and do it.

Thanks for the boost! ; and how should I stay focused and not be distracted by stuff that can cause me to lose precious time?
Reply 3
It can help to stick up motivational notes, such as "I am going to earn 5A*s", to remind you of your ambitions. You may start to experience guilt if you hinder your progress. It's also a good idea to reward yourself, such as with an afternoon off of social time per week, perhaps. Take regular breaks to prevent burnout. A technique often used is 45 minutes of study before a 15 minute break. Best of luck! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jeeves CP

Fat chance if you've done no revision at all yet
Original post by Jeeves CP

I did the exact same last year and got all A/A* and i revised the night before. Obviously it's too late to revise everything so just revise what your not so good at, focus on exam structure and read examiners reports.
My plan is to revise about 17 exam subjects per year, so I can revise be everything and then I am gonna do past papers.

Quick Reply

Latest