The Student Room Group

OCR A 2016 Chemistry A* A-Level Resources

Scroll to see replies

f324 was savage last year
Hey guys I was just going through some old past papers and I can across a question could someone please help me out it was something along the lines of "how would you use a calorimeter to work out the enthalpy of combustion of an alcohol"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by serry123456
Hey guys I was just going through some old past papers and I can across a question could someone please help me out it was something along the lines of "how would you use a calorimeter to work out the enthalpy of combustion of an alcohol"

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is a really simplified GCSE answer on bite size:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/ocr_gateway_pre_2011/carbon_chem/8_energy2.shtml
Look at page 3 too.
Emergency Chemistry link
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A652B0C4A25ADAAA!57589&authkey=!AFx_1b2E23XNvnk&ithint=folder%2cdocxI think the issue is on microsofts end, I've tested this link and it seems to be working.
Original post by ForgottenApple
Emergency Chemistry link
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A652B0C4A25ADAAA!57589&authkey=!AFx_1b2E23XNvnk&ithint=folder%2cdocxI think the issue is on microsofts end, I've tested this link and it seems to be working.

I clicked onto the link but only comes up with sorry, something went wrong
:smile:
The links have always been working for me since you uploaded them 😬
Emergency Chemistry link
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A652B0C4A25ADAAA!57589&authkey=!AFx_1b2E23XNvnk&ithint=folder%2cdocx
I think the issue is on microsofts end, I've tested this link and it seems to be working.

Thread is in considered complete. Comment if a link is broken and I'll fix it asap; ask any questions and I'll reply with help.

Hi I am ForgottenApple, I recently finish A Levels with results: (A*A*A* Maths, Physics & Chemistry). This thread is to help you achieve a similar set of results. I created these resources for myself in my A-Level year and have brought them up into a good enough order to help other people out. This thread is a chemistry counterpart to a new thread I've made this year for Chemistry and incorporates all but the practical element of the OCR Chemistry A Level course (to be revised in 2015) but nonetheless there is a full year of students who can benefit from these resources and any students who opt to resit thereafter.

Most notes I wrote last year, as well as the standard answers being made by me (idea from my college), definitions lists, legacy resources/past papers/bonus questions tend to be lifted :P

Link to physics thread
Unlike the physics thread
I'm going to sort of build this as I go so it may not be complete for a month-ish

Important Links
Physics and maths tutor: Includes extra past papers from other exam boards, and the extremely useful questions by topic
A Level Chemistry Website, mostly older spec past papers, and questions with solutions!
Memrise - Excellent for rote learning definitions, equations and reactions (Good iOS and Android App!)

F321
Definitions
Standard Answers

F322
Definitions
Standard Answers

F324
ah organic chemistry, I decided to go with a unique 'on a page' model for this unit, inspired by maths which condensed units down to a single page. I'm going to release a PDF version of this, so you can print out pages as required
Interactive Definitions
Interactive Important Reactions and Conditions
Full PDF of on a page
Standard answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
Legacy Past Papers

F325
Interactive Definitions
Notes
Standard Answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
Legacy Past Papers & This
Past Paper Spreadsheet Excel Template

Good Post from pp. 2

Has anyone done the same for aqa?
Original post by ReeceM1
The links have always been working for me since you uploaded them 😬

Yea same, I did some extensive testing though and managed to find an issue where I couldn't access them. The new link seemed to solve this, I'm unsure why.
Keep up the work guys! Papers, papers papers :')
Hey guys tommorw I have an evaluative task on rates is there any chance you guys could give me some hints please ASAP I really need to do good ive done awful in the other too it's for the A2 F326 ocr
Emergency Chemistry link
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A652B0C4A25ADAAA!57589&authkey=!AFx_1b2E23XNvnk&ithint=folder%2cdocx
I think the issue is on microsofts end, I've tested this link and it seems to be working.

Thread is in considered complete. Comment if a link is broken and I'll fix it asap; ask any questions and I'll reply with help.

Hi I am ForgottenApple, I recently finish A Levels with results: (A*A*A* Maths, Physics & Chemistry). This thread is to help you achieve a similar set of results. I created these resources for myself in my A-Level year and have brought them up into a good enough order to help other people out. This thread is a chemistry counterpart to a new thread I've made this year for Chemistry and incorporates all but the practical element of the OCR Chemistry A Level course (to be revised in 2015) but nonetheless there is a full year of students who can benefit from these resources and any students who opt to resit thereafter.

Most notes I wrote last year, as well as the standard answers being made by me (idea from my college), definitions lists, legacy resources/past papers/bonus questions tend to be lifted :P

Link to physics thread
Unlike the physics thread
I'm going to sort of build this as I go so it may not be complete for a month-ish

Important Links
Physics and maths tutor: Includes extra past papers from other exam boards, and the extremely useful questions by topic
A Level Chemistry Website, mostly older spec past papers, and questions with solutions!
Memrise - Excellent for rote learning definitions, equations and reactions (Good iOS and Android App!)

F321
Definitions
Standard Answers

F322
Definitions
Standard Answers

F324
ah organic chemistry, I decided to go with a unique 'on a page' model for this unit, inspired by maths which condensed units down to a single page. I'm going to release a PDF version of this, so you can print out pages as required
Interactive Definitions
Interactive Important Reactions and Conditions
Full PDF of on a page
Standard answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
Legacy Past Papers

F325
Interactive Definitions
Notes
Standard Answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
Legacy Past Papers & This
Past Paper Spreadsheet Excel Template

Good Post from pp. 2

Hey currently doing AS chemistry exam board AQA the style of exam questions has changed a lot so i literally dont know how to get access to the new exam style questions, I am failing my chemitsry plzzz help
Original post by Hard work
Hey currently doing AS chemistry exam board AQA the style of exam questions has changed a lot so i literally dont know how to get access to the new exam style questions, I am failing my chemitsry plzzz help

What do you expect me to do?
Hi ForgottenApple,

Feel confident with A2 chemistry atm and revision practically all done apart from last few past papers. Was just wondering if you had any pointers + tips on the stuff which you think is the hardest in the spec?

Thanks
Reply 293
Original post by William1771
Hi ForgottenApple,

Feel confident with A2 chemistry atm and revision practically all done apart from last few past papers. Was just wondering if you had any pointers + tips on the stuff which you think is the hardest in the spec?

Thanks

please help me with the transition metal colours we need to know, im just trying to memorise soo many i dont want to learn pointless ones, also ows ur time managing in the exam i find it hard to finish within the given time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ranz
please help me with the transition metal colours we need to know, im just trying to memorise soo many i dont want to learn pointless ones, also ows ur time managing in the exam i find it hard to finish within the given time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1462896552.708375.jpg these are the colours in the textbook and mentioned in the specification for ligand substitution

Posted from TSR Mobile
Keep up the work guys! Papers, papers papers :':wink:

I would like to ask, how you found June 15 f324 and how you prepared for the harder questions, which some believe is 'post A level'
Does anyone have 2015 F324 and F325 OCR Mark schemes and question papers?
Need them desperately. Please help. Anyone.
Many thanks
Reply 297
Original post by CSLady
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1462896552.708375.jpg these are the colours in the textbook and mentioned in the specification for ligand substitution

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankkkk you soo much! for ocr A am i right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I the only one that can't access F321 Standard Answers? The link has been broken for a few weeks for me. If someone has it already please upload here
Reply 299
Original post by Rust Cohle
Am I the only one that can't access F321 Standard Answers? The link has been broken for a few weeks for me. If someone has it already please upload here

its broken for me too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest