The Student Room Group

Man stabs 4 people in Munich - shouts 'Allahu Ackbar'

http://reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0Y10HZ

MUNICH (Reuters) - A man attacked passengers with a knife at a train station in the Munich area in southern Germany early on Tuesday, leaving four people with life-threatening injuries, Bavarian radio reported.

Police were checking witness statements that the man shouted "Allahu Akbar" (God is Great) during the attack, Bayerischer Rundfunk reported.

Has also been reported that one person has died.

UPDATE: The man has been arrested and identified locally as 'Paul H', a local resident. He's been identified as a 'non-immigrant', 27 years old, suffering from drug addiction and undergoing psychiatric help.
(source: The Telegraph & The Independent)

MOD EDIT: Please keep the thread on topic.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ya rab,what has this world come to. What was he trying to achieve? I don't get how some people think
Original post by queen-bee
Ya rab,what has this world come to. What was he trying to achieve? I don't get how some people think

There was no evidence to say that he did shout "Allahu Ackbar", pathetic scapegoating, probably a drunked White considering Muslims can't drink.
Original post by Adzkii786
There was no evidence to say that he did shout "Allahu Ackbar", pathetic scapegoating, probably a drunked White considering Muslims can't drink.

Well this is TSR! But it says there were witness statements that said he did say it ?

Muslims can drink though, not all muslims are as devout as others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Original post by queen-bee
Well this is TSR! But it says there were witness statements that said he did say it ?

There are witness statements, Adzkii786 is just trying to shift blame onto others.
Original post by DiddyDec
Muslims can drink though, not all muslims are as devout as others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your new avi is making me feel Itchy,yikes!
Reply 7
ISIS logic either sucks or is dangerous.

They hate it when westerners invade their countries and spread Islamaphobia but they're literally doing everything that provokes both.

But then, their support base depends on Islamaphobia to gain influence. Terrible situation, ugh. Ideally we could get westerners to just start "loving" muslims (or at least pretend to)
and thus make ISIS lose some base...but practically at this rate you can't convince enough westerners to ever do that. Or have it enough to snatch people away from ISIS propaganda.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aceadria
It's an open forum. Don't like my post? Deal with it.

You people always have the same boring argument again and again "open forum", "freedom of speech". Come on, you've vented your criticisms hundreds of times on here, do you really think you're actually helping by once again failing to differentiate between extremist Muslims and the 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide who have no violent intent whatsoever? People like you, like it or not, are the problem. If every single person saw ISIS and other terror groups for the warped purporters of Islam that they are, then we wouldn't have this pathetic ideological battle raging on.
Reply 9
if this is true, its pathetic, causing more hate for the innocent muslims like us ://
Every Muslim is perfect, right?

Im not muslim so idgaf, they are obviously not but to blame Muslims for every situation because yeah white people are the cleanest sinners in history,
Original post by hazzer1998
Don't worry guys it's only a few Muslims who hold these extreme views ......

Don't bother, Islamophobia is so deeply rooted in TSR it may as well be a faction of Britain First
Reply 12
When I see another one of these posts... :facepalm:
Reply 13
Allah u akbar is so overused these days, people do it just to provoke people against muslims. Nothing to do with being religious.
How much do know about Islam and how it's taught? Are you an Ex- or current Muslim?

Actually, people 'like me' (whatever that means) have been brought up in Islam and actually understand what it means to be a Muslim in the West. But unlike you, my comments on it are not based on a 'flowery' view of the religion; instead I base it on the hatred and disdain that it preaches and the constant chain of fallacies throughout the Qur'an. I appreciate what the West has given to this world: a place where I can complain and voice my opinion without a genuine fear for my life. If you would rather care about not offending and live in a world where you are unable to understand the faith, then so be it. But don't try and control my right to complain.

I'll continue to vent my frustration with Islam. Again, if you don't like it, you're welcome to ignore it.

I know enough to appreciate that ISIS and other terrorist groups purport a warped version of Islam to which the other 1.6 billion Muslims evidently don't follow.

And not sure why you're dodging the point. I don't see any religion as 'flowery', all religions are silly to me, but since I'm a realist and not an idealist, I'm not going to go around crying that all religions should be abolished - that's not going to happen. You can go on about how justified your hatred for Islam is or your disgust with the Quran, but do you really think spamming religious hate speech and involving ALL Muslims, including those who will probably never commit violence, is the best thing to do in a situation like this? Islam is 1500 years old, the writings in it are ancient, but you treat it as if every single Muslim today follows it word to word. Evidently they don't, but the only reason you're attacking Islam and not other religions which have equally, if not more bloody histories, is because of the actions of terrorist groups claiming to preach it in its truest version. You are thereby letting the terrorists succeed in spreading fear and discontent with Islam - no one can deny that ISIS would celebrate tomorrow if Europe expelled all Muslims, they thrive on fear, and people like you are giving them just that.
Rather than another boring
"Typical Muslim from another 3rd world **** hole, we're being overrun" v
"Not true, everyone's islamophobic" argument. Can we have some details on the event itself so we can conclude for ourselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by 雷尼克
I know enough to appreciate that ISIS and other terrorist groups purport a warped version of Islam to which the other 1.6 billion Muslims evidently don't follow.

And not sure why you're dodging the point. I don't see any religion as 'flowery', all religions are silly to me, but since I'm a realist and not an idealist, I'm not going to go around crying that all religions should be abolished - that's not going to happen. You can go on about how justified your hatred for Islam is or your disgust with the Quran, but do you really think spamming religious hate speech and involving ALL Muslims, including those who will probably never commit violence, is the best thing to do in a situation like this? Islam is 1500 years old, the writings in it are ancient, but you treat it as if every single Muslim today follows it word to word. Evidently they don't, but the only reason you're attacking Islam and not other religions which have equally, if not more bloody histories, is because of the actions of terrorist groups claiming to preach it in its truest version. You are thereby letting the terrorists succeed in spreading fear and discontent with Islam - no one can deny that ISIS would celebrate tomorrow if Europe expelled all Muslims, they thrive on fear, and people like you are giving them just that.

Thank you for this. Couldn't have put it better myself.
Original post by tenzzzin
Are you just trying to start a big argument? This is just news, why post it on a student forum?

Title of this sub forum:

"Debate and current affairs > News and current affairs"

What else did you expect?
Reply 18
Original post by Drewski
Title of this sub forum:

"Debate and current affairs > News and current affairs"

What else did you expect?

But there is no debate and it seems like the only threads that get replied to are about Muslims.

Also, I expect to see threads that ask questions or incite thoughtful discussion. While OP is technically innocent for simply posting the news story without comment, the implication is totally there. By not saying anything about it, the implication is hilariously obvious. If OP had posted it and said something like "What do people think of the growing number of attacks in the name of Islam" or anything that would incite thoughtful discussion that would be fine, but the vacuum they left immediately reverts to a shitshow of racist, anti immigrant or Islamaphobic comments.

People are going to think i'm a Muslim for the amount of times I have to defend them, but seriously everywhere I go I see posts like this and I expected better of a student forum
Original post by tenzzzin
I expected better of a student forum

Why?

Students are no different from any other part of society: there are idiots, ****-stirrers, dopes, gullible fools, wind up merchants, morons, knee jerk reactionaries, liberals, conservatives, extremists and everything in between.

They're not special purely on the virtue of them being students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending