The Student Room Group

Girl Gaming?

Its often thought that girls aren't as good on COD or other video games as boys are. I disagree with this and it annoys me when boys believe that girls cant be better than them and it also annoys me that girls are sometimes criticized over the fact they may play video games as it is seen as a boy thing?

Scroll to see replies

Literally no boy I have ever met on a game has criticised me for being a girl.

I'm pretty sure most people don't act this way, petty feminist girls always find something to complain about in nothing.
Original post by harinimnida

I'm pretty sure most people don't act this way, petty feminist girls always find something to complain about in nothing.

No, but I have come across times when boys have been like "you are good for a girl" and this goes to show that although it might not be as a significant issue anymore, its still there.
Reply 3
Original post by govtandpolitics
No, but I have come across times when boys have been like "you are good for a girl" and this goes to show that although it might not be as a significant issue anymore, its still there.

Which games do you like playing? Have you player and completed gta5 yet??
Original post by john2054
Which games do you like playing? Have you player and completed gta5 yet??

I used to play GTA5 but now I just mainly play Black Ops 3 :smile:
Reply 5
I used to play GTA5 but now I just mainly play Black Ops 3 :smile:

I finished gta5 main story line you know? What's blops 3 like then? I haven't played that one yet?
Ofc some girls are better than some boys because there are millions of players. More boys play video games, so hardly suprising, but there will be some very good female players. The top e-sports teams are still male dominated. Top female is 288th. There are professional female players though.
yeah blops 3 is great xD.
I finished gta5 main story line you know? What's blops 3 like then? I haven't played that one yet?

Did you? I never finished it. I like blops3, its a fun game to play but its not realistic and they have added in a lot of childish things but these make it interesting, so yeah its a good game.

1st World Problems much?

Neither have I :P been playing video games online with guys for like 10 years since I first got into games and not once been told something like "Oh, but you're a girl".. I've met loads of other girls on games too and the guys don't seem to be bothered about it, they treat us like any other person.
Original post by 999tigger
Ofc some girls are better than some boys because there are millions of players. More boys play video games, so hardly suprising, but there will be some very good female players. The top e-sports teams are still male dominated. Top female is 288th. There are professional female players though.

Yeah, I just wish that female games were more represented :biggrin:
Original post by Armastan
Neither have I :P been playing video games online with guys for like 10 years since I first got into games and not once been told something like "Oh, but you're a girl".. I've met loads of other girls on games too and the guys don't seem to be bothered about it, they treat us like any other person.

That's nice to hear :smile: wish every girl gamer had that experience
1st World Problems much?

Whys it matter if its a 1st world problem? Problems are problems.
I love playing The Witcher 3 :lovedup::love:

COD sucks though, I don't find games like that appealing. RPGs are the ****.
Original post by Strawberry68
I love playing The Witcher 3 :lovedup::love:

COD sucks though, I don't find games like that appealing. RPGs are the ****.

My brother plays that :biggrin: I might start it
Reply 16
Its often thought that girls aren't as good on COD or other video games as boys are. I disagree with this and it annoys me when boys believe that girls cant be better than them and it also annoys me that girls are sometimes criticized over the fact they may play video games as it is seen as a boy thing?

Google CLG Red and get back to me
Whys it matter if its a 1st world problem? Problems are problems.

Okay, I was wrong. It's not a 1st world problem. Because it's not a problem at all.

I mostly play the Zombies mode which is good this year, I was fearing the worst after the absolute mess that was Black Ops 2 but I've been enjoying this installment.
Okay, I was wrong. It's not a 1st world problem. Because it's not a problem at all.

Well tell that to all the girls who still experience comments over them being girl gamers. Just because it doesn't affect you, doesn't mean others aren't affected. A problems a problem, no matter how small.

Quick Reply

Latest