The Student Room Group

NHS Scientist Training Programme 2016 applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Techguy379
I just got an email from NHS project manager. Stating that they want to have a talk with me. Anyone else got this ?

lol sounds ominous!!! But good news I assume? What did they say??
Original post by Hurriya23
What discpline did you apply for?hopefully its to offer you a position fingers crossed

Clinical Bioinformatics Phys sc. but I already have Interviewed unsuccessful. So I guess is that I have forgotten something there like a document or its for poll purposes. Still haven't called at the moment I'm shaking nervously.
Clinical Bioinformatics Phys sc. but I already have Interviewed unsuccessful. So I guess is that I have forgotten something there like a document or its for poll purposes.

I just got given an offer for that over the phone after originally being unsuccessful, so call them :P
Original post by DuckyMinotaur
I just got given an offer for that over the phone after originally being unsuccessful, so call them :P

Sorry for caps , but ARE YOU JOKING DON'T GIVE ME HOPE PLEASE.
Clinical Bioinformatics Phys sc. but I already have Interviewed unsuccessful. So I guess is that I have forgotten something there like a document or its for poll purposes. Still haven't called at the moment I'm shaking nervously.

Call them they could offer you a position youl never know till you call

Nope, it hasn't updated on oriel yet though :frown: I don't see how them wanting to talk to you would be a bad thing :smile: however, I got a voicemail about it, not an email.

Congrats giving me more and more hope
Nope, it hasn't updated on oriel yet though :frown: I don't see how them wanting to talk to you would be a bad thing :smile: however, I got a voicemail about it, not an email.

Are you bionformatics aswell?
Are you bionformatics aswell?

Yeah, the physical scheme too
Reply 1629
Original post by jamiehuggett
I've just sent NSHCS an email asking if in service offers are being sent out at the end after the direct entry people have received theirs. And as I type this I've had a reply from them, "If you are in service, you should hear tomorrow."

I guess that saves me from panicking for the rest of the day, and I can begin all over again tomorrow!

Ah I was just about to email them the same question! I'll stop with the refreshing today then. I wonder why we have to wait longer than everyone else!
Yeah, the physical scheme too

This just shows its not over till its really over i hate this process with a passion
This just shows its not over till its really over i hate this process with a passion

I don't even understand how you can go from unsuccessful to getting an offer, though I can't fully believe it until I see it on oriel. I heard people have got offers as late as August before :/

Have you rung them yet?

Have you called them?
I don't even understand how you can go from unsuccessful to getting an offer, though I can't fully believe it until I see it on oriel. I heard people have got offers as late as August before :/

I just feel there needs to be more structure to the releasing of offers they cant juat shatter your dreams and then build them again its not fair on anyone
Yes .... I'm in :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: they said thou not to tell anybody but we started speaking about this before hand soo...... :smile:
Yes .... I'm in :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: they said thou not to tell anybody but we started speaking about this before hand soo...... :smile:

It's so weird, but I'm soooooo happy :smile: I assumed she meant not to talk about something else, but how can we not tell people this bit? I'll probably see you next year :smile:
Reply 1637

Congrats!!!! where will you be placed?
I just feel there needs to be more structure to the releasing of offers they cant juat shatter your dreams and then build them again its not fair on anyone

I know, I'm so happy now, but going through the unsuccessful and reserve list for another scheme really was not fun

Congrats well done , what location did you get? given that extra bit of hope

Quick Reply

Latest