The Student Room Group

Man stabs 4 people in Munich - shouts 'Allahu Ackbar'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by CheekyYear11
Whether these acts prove that religion causes violence?

Whether religion has become so far from it's true cause It's not worth having?

Stop using your agenda to redirect a discussion

Both good questions, however neither of them were asked by OP. That turns the whole discussion into a muslim bashing fest with no main topic or direction. These questions are not as obvious as you might think.

UPDATE: The man has been arrested and identified locally as 'Paul H', a local resident. He's been identified as a 'non-immigrant', 27 years old, suffering from drug addiction and undergoing psychiatric help.
(source: The Telegraph & The Independent)

MOD: Please keep the thread on topic.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by getfunky!

UPDATE: The man has been arrested and identified locally as 'Paul H', a local resident. He's been identified as a white male, 27 years old, suffering from drug addiction and undergoing psychiatric help.

So the guy wasn't a Muslim? Why do people twist stories to suit their own hateful agendas whether it relates to race or religion
Reply 23
Original post by getfunky!

UPDATE: The man has been arrested and identified locally as 'Paul H', a local resident. He's been identified as a white male, 27 years old, suffering from drug addiction and undergoing psychiatric help.

Please provide sources that back up your statement.

It doesn't say he is a white male, it says he isn't from an immigrant background. That's an ambiguous term. German citizen =/= white male.

'A spokesperson for the state prosecutor's office confirmed that the attack was believed to have a political or "Islamist background" but could not give any further details.'
Original post by Tyreke
Please provide sources that back up your statement.

It doesn't say he is a white male, it says he isn't from an immigrant background. That's an ambiguous term. German citizen =/= white male.

'A spokesperson for the state prosecutor's office confirmed that the attack was believed to have a political or "Islamist background" but could not give any further details.'

LOL, even when people try to spin this to make the muslim man feel exonerated, they still fail
Reply 25
Original post by queen-bee
So the guy wasn't a Muslim? Why do people twist stories to suit their own hateful agendas whether it relates to race or religion

Who said he wasn't a Muslim?

Read the articles.

Original post by DiddyDec
The news article is in the OP...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, I'll rephrase, "can we have some debate on whether this description is accurate?"
Original post by Tyreke
Who said he wasn't a Muslim?

Read the articles.

Hence why I'm asking
Lmao people already jumped on the Muslim bandwagon with zero evidence , and it's not even a Muslim attacker.
Original post by queen-bee
Hence why I'm asking

This board isn't used to people politely asking for information. We like to jump to conclusions and insult people who disagree with us.
Original post by Tyreke
You really think that fundamentalist Muslims with sympathy towards terrorism are in the vast vast minority? Prepare to be shocked.

45% of British Muslims believe that Clerics preaching violence against the West are IN TOUCH with mainstream Muslim opinion.

This concerns me deeply.

To pretend that there isn't an issue here and deny what is happening is to be a part of the problem. We need dialogue, not denial.

http://www.comres.co.uk/polls/bbc-radio-4-today-muslim-poll/

I don't understand why everyone goes mental when an attack has an Islamist-related motive, there are far far far more murders which have no religious motive whatsoever, but hardly anyone complains about them.

I think its because it feels good to these guys to blame their problems on a foreign religion.
Original post by Aceadria
What utter rubbish. Do go away, troll.

This is the summation of the mental capacity of the anti-Islamist spammers on here, when confronted with reason you spam "troll troll!!".

Come on, there are far more murders for non-religious reasons, but you guys come on here and go berserk over one which has an implied Islamist agenda. Lmao.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
This board isn't used to people politely asking for information. We like to jump to conclusions and insult people who disagree with us.

I've realised this too. You're not even allowed to ask simple questions just confirming the story without being attacked one way or another
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Lmao people already jumped on the Muslim bandwagon with zero evidence , and it's not even a Muslim attacker.

Apparently he is according to another user on here
Original post by 雷尼克
This is the summation of the mental capacity of the anti-Islamist spammers on here, when confronted with reason you spam "troll troll!!".

Come on, there are far more murders for non-religious reasons, but you guys come on here and go berserk over one which has an implied Islamist agenda. Lmao.

You've made a connection between two unrelated situations and tried to create correlation. As said previously, unless you have something additional to add, this is going no where. I shall continue my statements. If you don't like it, you're welcome to ignore them.
Original post by Truthteller10
I gave examples of the country where you would be, obviously not all muslim countries implement the Sharia down to the letter, countries like Qatar, UAE, Turkey and Bosnia wouldn't hurt you for being a non muslim, but countries like Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh and so one would

"twisted interpretation"?

If any country practises the Shari'a down to the letter, as accurately as muslims did in the time of muhammed, it would be Saudi arabia.

Just because they be-head non-believers, kill people for being homosexual and stone women to death for being raped, doesn't mean their interpretation is "twisted", they are just following allah and muhammed's commandments.

Wrong again. There are Christians in Iran, Sikhs in Pakistan and Hindus in Bangladesh that live peacefully, not to mention the few churches that are also in those countries. Once again, there are many non-Muslim guest workers in Saudi who live peacefully.

There is no specific book on Shariah, so I don't know what you mean by "letter".
Original post by Aceadria
You've made a connection between two unrelated situations and tried to create correlation. As said previously, unless you have something additional to add, this is going no where. I shall continue my statements. If you don't like it, you're welcome to ignore them.

Exactly my point, you take a single line out of my massive argument and expand your attack solely on that statement, rather than reading and focusing on the entire post, because you know that you're incorrect on the rest of it. Stop attacking Islam, it's not the problem here.
Original post by 雷尼克

Case in point Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik who killed on a very anti-Islam platform, worse than most (other) terrorists and yet no one is going to thoroughly question the sanity of all white atheist Norwegians
Original post by 雷尼克
Exactly my point, you take a single line out of my massive argument and expand your attack solely on that statement, rather than reading and focusing on the entire post, because you know that you're incorrect on the rest of it. Stop attacking Islam, it's not the problem here.

Keep going, buddy. I'm sure someone will eventually rep you.
state of this thread lmao kids
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending