The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Chemistry Unit 3 WCH03 May June 2016 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

i wrote the value of combustion of c2 sth 1200 and i didnot write the sign will they remove the mark and even in the table i did not write the sign
Original post by AlonsoAMG
wouldn't mass give a large uncertainty since it was rounded to the nearest 100g tho?

Isn't uncertainties to do with the measuring instruments used? So if a balance was used I'm pretty sure it would not give you the value to the nearest 100g! Usually it's like 0.01g uncertainty for mass.
Reply 122
BTW whoever is doing physics have any good advice for unit 3
??
Guys to test for the iodine is it correct to use starch and it'll turn blue-black??????
I'm getting around 40-44 marks what about u all??
Original post by I <3 WORK
Hmm yet again I think that's rather debatable. Like you say I think it just depends on our luck and the mark scheme! :/ I've a feeling that reflux will need to be stated though.

yeah same, but i'm in denial haha :') Oh well, can't change anything now.
Reply 126
Original post by Ahmed3651998
I'm getting around 40-44 marks what about u all??

Ahmed? From minecraft?
Original post by Hiyoriiki

i wrote 1200
Original post by Blazyy
Ahmed? From minecraft?

nope?
Original post by don't cry-craft
Hey you might still get a mark since it was like 2 marks.

I know but still.I've already lost like 5 marks in the first question.Water test,Carbonate ion,Due to which wrong equation.
Reply 130
Original post by Ahmed3651998
nope?

Sorry, I had a friend in minecraft back in the days with a name that's almost same as yours
yeah same, but i'm in denial haha :':wink: Oh well, can't change anything now.

well in the markscheme it's usually Relux/Heat so I think you'll be fine
Isn't uncertainties to do with the measuring instruments used? So if a balance was used I'm pretty sure it would not give you the value to the nearest 100g! Usually it's like 0.01g uncertainty for mass.

true but in part a it says:
mass of coper cup: 300g
mass of coper cup + water: 700g

which is rounded to nearest 100g
Reply 133
Original post by AlonsoAMG
true but in part a it says:
mass of coper cup: 300g
mass of coper cup + water: 700g

which is rounded to nearest 100g

I think it was mentioned as 300.00 and 400.00
Original post by OnTheHorizon

i wrote 1200 i didnot write the sign and in the graph i forgot the sign will i lose any mark
I know but still.I've already lost like 5 marks in the first question.Water test,Carbonate ion,Due to which wrong equation.

I feel like many of us messed up the carbonate ion (and therefore the equation) - I mean I did. Don't worry, hopefully the grade boundaries won't be too high. Good luck with your other exams :smile:))

Hopefully *fingers crossed*. Also losing 5 marks is fine! You can do better in unit 2 :smile:
Yea thats correct I guess because I got -418Kjmol-1 aswell
Reply 138
Original post by ToxicPhantom007
1st, 2nd were not valid because rounding off doesnt give a huge difference. Heat loss and incomplete comb were the valid statements

But the heat loss will make it less exothermic not more exothermic - so it won't be valid?
Hopefully *fingers crossed*. Also losing 5 marks is fine! You can do better in unit 2 :smile:

i wrote 1200 omitting the sign will i lose the mark and in the graph i forgot the sign

Quick Reply

Latest