The Student Room Group

My dad says i am allowed to date anyone, just no muslims.

is he racist? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Today on things your father didn't say.
Reply 2
Original post by HucktheForde

Are you racist?

But Muslims can't date anyways...
Reply 4
Muslims or Islam is not a race so from the sounds of it he is not racist. He does sound prejudice though.
well, muslim fathers tell their daughters that they can't date non-muslims, so would all those muslim fathers be "racists"?
Depends. If you came through the door with a white muslim and he kicked off then you know he's just being a xenophobe.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7

Are you muslim?
Reply 8
Too bad you won't get to dabke with me, then.
Reply 9
nope chuck testa
[QUOTE=BubbleBoobies;64703871]well, muslim fathers tell their daughters that they can't date non-muslims, so would all those muslim fathers be "racists"?

You win ignorant comment of the day. Muslims aren't allowed to date. (But most muslims don't practise that). Practising parents encourage their kids to not date. Non-practising parents let them do whatever and don't care.

Why did you make up that incredibly ignorant statement? Are you intentionally trying to offend?

Islam isn't a race :colonhash:
Original post by Butternuts96
You win ignorant comment of the day. Muslims aren't allowed to date. (But most muslims don't practise that). Practising parents encourage their kids to not date. Non-practising parents let them do whatever and don't care.

Why did you make up that incredibly ignorant statement? Are you intentionally trying to offend?

oh oh sorry, my mistake:
muslim fathers don't force their daughters to *marry* non-muslims - only muslims
that makes it so much better
Original post by cherryred90s
Islam isn't a race :colonhash:

It is a drag race.
Don't worry, you're not missing out :colone:
[QUOTE=BubbleBoobies;64704291]oh oh sorry, my mistake:
muslim fathers don't force their daughters to *marry* non-muslims - only muslims
that makes it so much better

You've changed the subject from dating to forced marriage now? And you've assumed that muslims do forced marriages? You come across as a Britain First member. You wouldn't dare to say such things out loud to muslims so why hide behind an online persona?
Reply 16
Islam isn't a race, so no, he's not racist. A little prejudice, though, because not all self-declared muslims are conservative.

Honestly though, I just don't think he has the right to decide. it's up to you. If you don't want to date muslims, fine. And if you don't want to date muslims out of avoiding conflict with your father, that's fine, too. Do what you want, ignore him. He is allowed to say what he wants, that's that.
Reply 17
Is your dad a muslim?
Reply 18
Original post by BubbleBoobies
well, muslim fathers tell their daughters that they can't date non-muslims, so would all those muslim fathers be "racists"?

nah they're just Muslim :rofl:
No he's Islamophobic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending