The Student Room Group

N5 English Exam is this Thursday :/

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aidan.15
Well I was confident at the time about the last question but now I'm not so confident after hearing how other people answered it.. Suppose I'll just have to wait now:redface:
I wrote about the lack of education within working class society for Good Friday (analysed 1 quote) then compared this to the issue of how people with disabilities are viewed in At the Snack Bar (analysed 2 quotes).

I compared it to in the snack bar and said it was about how we judge other people which is kind of similar to what you did.
What did people put for the five marker in the middle of all the questions?

I put:
1. Disney are keen on continuing Frozen
2. Disney are secretive over the options
3. Disney created a short follow-up movie in addition to Frozen
4. Disney do not create sequels to their original movies, however.
5. Disney also produce live performances for their past movies
Original post by SocialStudiesETC
What did people put for the five marker in the middle of all the questions?

I put:
1. Disney are keen on continuing Frozen
2. Disney are secretive over the options
3. Disney created a short follow-up movie in addition to Frozen
4. Disney do not create sequels to their original movies, however.
5. Disney also produce live performances for their past movies

Disney do not normally make second movies based on their first, Disney are secretive about what they tell the public, Disney made a short story type movie based on frozen to appeal to those who enjoyed the movie, Disney make live performance shows based on movies, Disney like advertising opportunities.
Pretty sure that was what I said but I'm not sure if it's correct :smile:
Original post by ___Sophie___
Disney do not normally make second movies based on their first, Disney are secretive about what they tell the public, Disney made a short story type movie based on frozen to appeal to those who enjoyed the movie, Disney make live performance shows based on movies, Disney like advertising opportunities.

I can't remember exactly what I said as well but I made similar points to you about advertising and how secretive they are. I put more down but can't remember the exact poins:smile:

Sounds pretty good! I thought the exam went alright, but I'd be lying if I know i've made 1 or 2 mistakes, hopefully my folio and my essay are good
Can i also just say that it's a load of c*** that Disney don't do sequels because for at least 30 seconds of that exam I was thinking about the DISNEY MOVIE, CARS 1/2 AND IN 2017, 3!!
Can i also just say that it's a load of c*** that Disney don't do sequels because for at least 30 seconds of that exam I was thinking about the DISNEY MOVIE, CARS 1/2 AND IN 2017, 3!!

Thats exactly what I thought! It might be because they are Pixar films and not made by Disney themselves.
Perhaps, what did you revise for the set text and the essay?
Perhaps, what did you revise for the set text and the essay?

My essay was on Lord of the flies and my Scottish text was the play Sailmaker. I'm so glad my class did a play because I'm terrible at poetry haha
Original post by SSJBlue
My essay was on Lord of the flies and my Scottish text was the play Sailmaker. I'm so glad my class did a play because I'm terrible at poetry haha

I chose key incident for the question and wrote about Piggy's death and the destruction of the conch
was the last question asking you to refer to the text or use your own words? the close reading that is. I'm worried i answered it wrong and surrendered 5 marks straight away. If so an A might be too difficult to achieve
what do you all think the A grade boundary will be this year?
Original post by studyranger
what do you all think the A grade boundary will be this year?

I personally did really bad in the exam, but I have heard that most people found it quite good so I think that the A grade boundary will be quite high.

It's a shame because I did really well in my prelim. But you never know they might find that a lot of people did bad and move it down but it's unlikely.
did anyone do norman maccaig for the critical reading? The first question about how he felt about the sounds really threw me haha, what did you guys write if you were doing norman maccaig?
Original post by Ethan100
I personally did really bad in the exam, but I have heard that most people found it quite good so I think that the A grade boundary will be quite high.

It's a shame because I did really well in my prelim. But you never know they might find that a lot of people did bad and move it down but it's unlikely.

I think it's unfair as we all study different things for the essay and Scottish text. Therefore the grade boundaries can't really be adjusted fairly. For example the prose question could've been much harder than the drama question (not saying this was true just an example)
I think it's unfair as we all study different things for the essay and Scottish text. Therefore the grade boundaries can't really be adjusted fairly. For example the prose question could've been much harder than the drama question (not saying this was true just an example)

Yeah I agree Sophie, it's really unfair because everyone doing different things. I completely messed up my essay on Lord of the flies :frown:
Yeah I agree Sophie, it's really unfair because everyone doing different things. I completely messed up my essay on Lord of the flies :frown:

Yeah personally the close reading went well and the essay (Macbeth) went well. But it's the Scottish text I'm worried about, we did the Edwin Morgan poems and the Good Friday poem came up and a couple of the questions were difficult and didn't really make much sense including the 8 mark question. Now I'm worried that I've lost a lot of marks on the Scottish text because I was predicted an A band 1 but I think that if I do get an A then I will have only just scraped one but if the grade boundaries go up then I'm not going to get an A :frown:
Reply 157
Original post by claraoswald11
did anyone do norman maccaig for the critical reading? The first question about how he felt about the sounds really threw me haha, what did you guys write if you were doing norman maccaig?

I put down that he felt comforted and reassured by the sounds of nature, not sure if it was right though. What did you put?
Yeah personally the close reading went well and the essay (Macbeth) went well. But it's the Scottish text I'm worried about, we did the Edwin Morgan poems and the Good Friday poem came up and a couple of the questions were difficult and didn't really make much sense including the 8 mark question. Now I'm worried that I've lost a lot of marks on the Scottish text because I was predicted an A band 1 but I think that if I do get an A then I will have only just scraped one but if the grade boundaries go up then I'm not going to get an A :frown:

Yeah, hopefully you do get an A, I got an A in my prelim but I really just want a B for exam.
Yeah, hopefully you do get an A, I got an A in my prelim but I really just want a B for exam.

Thanks, hopefully it will be ok :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending