The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Chemistry Unit 3 WCH03 May June 2016 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pondsteps
arent we supposed to write k2o in the equation... why is it wrong??

It's supposed to be K2CO3
Original post by notsoclueless
Ahhh :P I wrote add phosphorus (v) chloride and misty fumes could be seen :P

ummm, i think this is a haloalkane test
Unit 6 is on Friday. I'm more nervous about that :/ I mean, writing that 10 mark answer needs a lot of thinking and stuff
And I do hope for the second question, they don't introduce some new mathematical concept.

oh good luck with that. hopefully they wont :frown: dont really understand what ur talking about tho i still havent taken A2 yet :s-smilie:
It's supposed to be K2CO3

really! i wrote KHCO3 gives K2O , CO2 ,and h2o(g) , wont they consider this correct?
Ahhh :P I wrote add phosphorus (v) chloride and misty fumes could be seen :P

Original post by Hamadtype-
I wrote add potassium IV dichromate and it would change from orange to green :P

PCl5 is the correct test,A tertiary alchohol doesn't react with potassium dichromate and H2SO4.You can't use that test.The question was about confirming OH group.Carboxylic acid also has OH group but it doesn't react with potassium dichromate and change color from orange to green.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hamadtype-
ummm, i think this is a haloalkane test

Really? Thought that was for the presence of alcohols since the reaction is
For example
C3H7OH + PCl5 ---- C3H7Cl + POCl3 + HCL
oh good luck with that. hopefully they wont :frown: dont really understand what ur talking about tho i still havent taken A2 yet :s-smilie:

Ohhhhh :P Oh well :P What subjects are you taking apart from BIO AND CHEM?
really! i wrote KHCO3 gives K2O , CO2 ,and h2o(g) , wont they consider this correct?

I wrote the exact same thing :/ so did a few others. I do hope they give it right :frown:
Ohhhhh :P Oh well :P What subjects are you taking apart from BIO AND CHEM?

so u took as and a2 bio in one year??
math and arabic
Oh My I have a follower :colondollar:
math and arabic

Why is that surprising O.o I've seen people do it.
math and arabic

That's how my school offers it. I chose Bio and Chem (AS and A2) in one year :frown: I have like, 10 more papers to go :frown:
That's how my school offers it. I chose Bio and Chem (AS and A2) in one year :frown: I have like, 10 more papers to go :frown:

That IS strange though,I haven't that happen before in any school. Atleast you aren't taking other subjects at the moment I assume.
Original post by OnTheHorizon
Why is that surprising O.o I've seen people do it.

oh hahah. my school doesnt do that

good luck!
That IS strange though,I haven't that happen before in any school. Atleast you aren't taking other subjects at the moment I assume.

Oh dear lord, no :P 12 units is more than enough for me :P I wanted to do Physics privately but then I realized I wouldn't be able to handle it :P
oh hahah. my school doesnt do that

Neither does mine,It's not compulsory or anything but you CAN do it.Although no one I know has DONE both AS and A2 at once,They've given some AS Papers in A2(Either due to bad grade or because they didn't give them in AS)
good luck!

Thank youu :biggrin: Good luck to you as well ^_^ Hope you ace them all :biggrin:
Oh dear lord, no :P 12 units is more than enough for me :P I wanted to do Physics privately but then I realized I wouldn't be able to handle it :P

Your realization was correct.Physics is basically like a leech that sucks the life out of you,You can't handle that with a lot on your plate already.
Neither does mine,It's not compulsory or anything but you CAN do it.Although no one I know has DONE both AS and A2 at once,They've given some AS Papers in A2(Either due to bad grade or because they didn't give them in AS)

yeah...

Quick Reply

Latest