The Student Room Group

No Whites Allowed: BBC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Impressive
'white people are on the verge of extinction' sounds better I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, more dramatic. May as well call it Englandistan and be done with it
Original post by 999tigger
So what? Ethnic minorities are under represented and they are just facilitating a few opportunities(out of many hundreds) to address that.

WHY are you quoting me? Do you know the context of the conversation? My FIRST COMMENT on this thread said what you just did! I mentioned it's with the BBC has NOTHING to do with the thread op it's about the public having the right to know as BBC is publicly funded!

Original post by Drewski
It's at the BBC. That's different. Your link clearly indicated that it was the organisation 'Creative Access' that are advertising the role. Not the BBC.

If so, we have an amazing opportunity to join the BBC’s Current Affairs team.

Company:
BBC Current Affairs

You're like nitpicking semantics. The point is whether it's "from" or "at" or "with" the BBC if it's anything to do with BBC the public should know...
Reply 42
Original post by DMcGovern
Clearly another thicko jackeen, and they say the culchies are eejits :angry:

I have no idea what this means
Original post by Hann95
Yeah, more dramatic. May as well call it Englandistan and be done with it

Lol def not Englandistan yet but definitely Londonistan
Original post by Hann95
I have no idea what this means

Jackeen means city Irish
culchie means country :wink:

basically but there'sa a whole historical social context to it
Reply 45
Original post by 0to100

That was a joke...
"White people are becoming an endangered species" lmfao
Original post by Hann95
That was a joke...

I was joking as well...maybe.
Reply 48
Original post by 0to100
You DO understand that UK is MAJORITY WHITE so the proportions will be higher for whites.....

Indeed, but I think his point was more in response to the hysterical reactions to the ad shown on here and elsewhere trying to suggest that this is somehow the BBC adopting a policy of not employing white people at all, when in reality, the ads in question are for just small handful of jobs, not even advertised on the main BBC job site, in order to increase minority representation at the organisation.

'My blood is boiling' LBC callers' fury at BBC job advert white people CANNOT apply for'

Is one headline I'm reading on twitter, it's a completely absurd reaction and the usual suspects in the sensationalist media (the Express) are of course blowing it way out of proportion.
Original post by Olie
Indeed, but I think his point was more in response to the hysterical reactions to the ad shown on here and elsewhere trying to suggest that this is somehow the BBC adopting a policy of not employing white people at all, when in reality, the ads in question are for just small handful of jobs, not even advertised on the main BBC job site, in order to increase minority representation at the organisation.

'My blood is boiling' LBC callers' fury at BBC job advert white people CANNOT apply for'

Is one headline I'm reading on twitter, it's a completely absurd reaction and the usual suspects in the sensationalist media (the Express) are of course blowing it way out of proportion.

I said that as well, first page, first quote. I'm starting to wonder if people are just picking and choosing what they read and respond to around here

However it is still going to be almost impossible to have an equal representation of minority workers to majority race in any country!
Reply 50
Original post by Alexion
"White people are becoming an endangered species" lmfao

Im setting up a just giving page for those who would like to donate to my conservation
Original post by Hann95
Im setting up a just giving page for those who would like to donate to my conservation

:rofl:

#savethewhites
Original post by 0to100
You're like nitpicking semantics. The point is whether it's "from" or "at" or "with" the BBC if it's anything to do with BBC the public should know...

Disagree. There are some things that are irrelevant.

Do you know what brand toilet paper they use?

Original post by 0to100

Whether you're joking or not, the role being advertised is for Salford.
Original post by 0to100
Islam is one of the largest religions in Ireland total not just Kerry though, I'm sure it's overwhelming in Dublin too

Not really. 5.4 million out of 6.4 million in Ireland are Christians, and all the other religions only make up 70,000 - that's 0.01% of the population.
Of that 0.01%, 35,000 are Muslims - 0.005% of the population.

:s-smilie:

I didn't realise how many there were until I researched all of that :tongue:
Original post by Drewski
Disagree. There are some things that are irrelevant.

Do you know what brand toilet paper they use?

Whether you're joking or not, the role being advertised is for Salford.

Oh just leave it alone?
And ok?
Original post by returnmigrant
There has been targeted recruitment at the BBC (and a whole heap of other organisations) for over 30 years.

Get over it.

"Targeted recruitment" - You mean RACISM bro?
Original post by DMcGovern
Not really. 5.4 million out of 6.4 million in Ireland are Christians, and all the other religions only make up 70,000 - that's 0.01% of the population.
Of that 0.01%, 35,000 are Muslims - 0.005% of the population.

:s-smilie:

I didn't realise how many there were until I researched all of that :tongue:

I said one of the largest
I would never claim it's the largest in Ireland or ...anywhere in NWest Europe
Original post by 0to100
Oh just leave it alone?
And ok?

Telling me to leave it alone when it's you that's getting all caught up about a non story? Sure.
Original post by 0to100
I said one of the largest
I would never claim it's the largest in Ireland or ...anywhere in NWest Europe

But that's the thing it's not really, the Christian religions dominate - even the Jehovah's Witnesses are more in number than Muslims :tongue:
Original post by Tyreke
Are they underrepresented? I'm not accusing you of lying but do we know if they are?

Do we have evidence that shows the racial demographic of BBC employees?

Ofc you arent accusing me of lying. I would say your headline is highly misleading.

The latest census is 2011, which has ethnic minorities at 14%, its pribably increased since then.
http://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/culturalidentity/ethnicity/articles/2011censusanalysisethnicityandreligionofthenonukbornpopulationinenglandandwales/2015-06-18

It appears the BBC is currently @ 12.4%.
http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/23/bbc-promises-to-hire-more-women-and-ethnic-minorities-5837023/

Representation at middle manager and senior levels also appears low.

Representation of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic(BAME) people declined from 7.4% of the total workforce in 2006 to 6.7%in 2009 and is now just 5.4% in 2012.
http://creativeskillset.org/assets/0000/5070/2012_Employment_Census_of_the_Creative_Media_Industries.pdf

So there is a real lack of diversity within the creative industries and thats what the charity is seeking to redress. Ofc you and I might not give a toss about ethnic minorities being able to gain a foothold in the industry but it must be quite frustrating for people who do want to work there.

Again you can talk about merit, but if you read s158 and 159 of the equalities Act it is not about quotas (positive discrimination is illegal) , but something they call positive action. Ive linked it for you, so you can understand how it works.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/section/158

This is a debate had in parliament
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwiVzMmYkdDMAhVlF8AKHTTHBkoQFggmMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.parliament.uk%2Fbriefing-papers%2Fsn06093.pdf&usg=AFQjCNF5I7if-srdUNY5jSFvvggxnqd7Dw&cad=rja

Quick Reply

Latest