The Student Room Group

Do you believe in past lives???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
my life is permanently in da ja vu mode
Original post by A321
Nope don't believe in it. But apparently some people claim they can know about your past life, like a psychic. Would love to find out the strange things they come up with for the sake of it lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

where do you find those kind of psychics???
Original post by A321
Nope don't believe in it. But apparently some people claim they can know about your past life, like a psychic. Would love to find out the strange things they come up with for the sake of it lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

[video="youtube;7RGmSe0_4Vc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RGmSe0_4Vc[/video]
Reply 23
Original post by rayestar
where do you find those kind of psychics???

Lol i dont know. I've just heard i dont know specific people. Someone was saying once how they met a stranger and the person told them about thier past life. Apparently thier fears and phobias in this life were related to thier past life and previous death lol. I guess most people will just tell you a load of BS and are there to take your money though!
Not gonna lie i'd be curious to see what they say to me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
[video="youtube;7RGmSe0_4Vc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RGmSe0_4Vc[/video]

Interesting. I shall watch that later! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You probably just know someone else who looks like him, that you've seen around a lot but never spoke to.
Original post by ByronicHero
Maybe you just like very long shoes and not showering.

Certainly not :colonhash:
Original post by Eternalflames
You probably just know someone else who looks like him, that you've seen around a lot but never spoke to.

No! I want to believe in a past life XDDDD
As someone said, there's no scientific evidence for reincarnation; I don't think the videos and documentaries posted so far are reliable enough to be taken seriously by the scientific community, though they certainly are interesting.

I'm personally agnostic with regards to literal reincarnation/transmigration.
Déjà vu is the most peculiar thing ever. :afraid:
I do believe in it i have met people who i have had such a strong connection to and some who i have had a strong dislike i think its to do with karmic ties maybe?
Wow, how interesting!

Now that you say that,I've felt like this about the British Raj, and I have NO IDEA why. Like I always feel like I know more than I actually do about it.

Then again I am indian...and I've heard my parents talk about it and I have watched documentaries.

But still, it is odd.

I'm really interested in this period of history!:redface: Although I don't think its a weird nostalgia feeling for me and I'm not Indian.
I don't, no.

Since there's absolutely no logical way to explain how you could possibly have lived a past life, I find it very difficult to believe that it is a real thing. Since I believe our personality and consciousness is built entirely from the structure of our own brains, that really does limit it to our own body.
Original post by Tarte Tatin
I'm really interested in this period of history!:redface: Although I don't think its a weird nostalgia feeling for me and I'm not Indian.

It is really fascinating, I'm interested in British Imperialism as a whole. One tiny island occupied such a huge part of the world, it's pretty amazing to come to think about it.
Original post by Alexion
I don't, no.

Since there's absolutely no logical way to explain how you could possibly have lived a past life, I find it very difficult to believe that it is a real thing. Since I believe our personality and consciousness is built entirely from the structure of our own brains, that really does limit it to our own body.

I find it hard to believe but if historical evidence backs it up and that person did exist and there is an actual record of the person, I feel inclined to be a little less sceptical.:redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes.
It is really fascinating, I'm interested in British Imperialism as a whole. One tiny island occupied such a huge part of the world, it's pretty amazing to come to think about it.

It is considering how tiny this island is, although amazing in a way where you think 'how did they manage it?' not in an admiration sort of way.
Original post by Tarte Tatin
It is considering how tiny this island is, although amazing in a way where you think 'how did they manage it?' not in an admiration sort of way.

Also it's not like it was just trade they controlled, I mean they completely controlled some economies. It really is mind blowing, and no I definitely don't say it in an admiration way because somewhere along the way it became absolutely pure greed.
I find it hard to believe but if historical evidence backs it up and that person did exist and there is an actual record of the person, I feel inclined to be a little less sceptical.:redface:

There's plenty of stories out there, but all of them can be chalked up as coincidence, hoaxes or the like :redface:
No, although it would be nice if it was true!

Quick Reply

Latest