The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

Update 10/05/2016

I think the fact I'm revising rather than updating constantly must be a good thing, right?!
I like the way I did the update last time, so I think I'm going to follow the same structure again...

Coursework: All of my coursework has now been handed in, marked and moderated! My History teacher won't tell us the marks, but I'm pretty sure it was an A*, in Literature I got 70/70 and in Language I got 47/50 for my Investigation and 27/30 for my media piece, giving me a total of 74/80, which was the grade boundary for an A* for the past 4 years!

Exam practice/essays: For Russia I did another essay today in exam conditions, and I got 50/50. My teacher has now said that she thinks I'm all set for the exam and there's nothing more she can do, but I should definitely be confident in my ability. It's been really encouraging to see my writing style develop as much as it has this year, and apparently she was discussing my writing with my Literature teacher! I also got back a Literature essay (done in exam conditions) which was 39/40. We're going to be doing an essay in History on Friday in exam conditions, and possibly one in Language on Friday too.

General stuffs: In terms of revision, I've been doing lots at school and I'm really pleased with the developments I'm getting from my constant flash card testing. I had a nice study date with one of my friends outside after school yesterday too, where we took a table from one of the classrooms outside into the sixth form courtyard and I did an hour of flashcards. At the minute I think I'm pretty much set with my English Literature and just need to keep recapping the quotes so I don't forget them. I really need to keep working with History though, as sometimes it feels like I'll learn one topic and know it off by heart, but once I've learnt the next one, I've forgotten the previous one.

Russia: 15 days left
Gen St 1: 17 days left
Gen St 2: 27 days left
Gen St 3: 31 days left
History: 31 days left
Gen St 4: 36 days left
Language: 36 days left
Literature: 38 days left

How is everyone feeling?
~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Literature coursework goals. :h: Would you believe that I am still doing mine? :ashamed:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Literature coursework goals. :h: Would you believe that I am still doing mine? :ashamed:

Thanks! :awesome: How much do you have left to go? :h:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Thanks! :awesome: How much do you have left to go? :h:

-900 words and some restructuring to do! :colondollar:
-900 words and some restructuring to do! :colondollar:

Not far to go now then!! :excited:
Not far to go now then!! :excited:

It feels like there's a lot to do... It's only at an A atm. :colondollar: I guess I can probably bring it up by tomorrow though... :biggrin:
It feels like there's a lot to do... It's only at an A atm. :colondollar: I guess I can probably bring it up by tomorrow though... :biggrin:

I'm sure you'll get there :h:
First exam is on Monday,and exams start properly from then on for me. Just want to get them over with tbh, I am not really nervous, as I've been revising a lot.
Original post by kennethdcharles
First exam is on Monday,and exams start properly from then on for me. Just want to get them over with tbh, I am not really nervous, as I've been revising a lot.

That's good, I'm sure you'll do great with them then! :biggrin:
That's good, I'm sure you'll do great with them then! :biggrin:

Thank you! I'm sure you will too :smile:
Update 12/05/2016

Hello again everyone!
Nothing much interesting has happened at school for the last few days, except today the Year 11s were having a full day of English lessons, which meant I didn't have an English Language or Literature lesson... I had History and Gen Studs in the morning, then from 11:10 until 15:30 I had no lessons to go to! I spent all day revising the women topic for History, because we're doing the essay tomorrow. We also did a fact test on it today, and I got 40.5/50, which I think was the highest score.

Leaving school is starting to get very real, and I don't like it!

In other news, I made a new guide today on the pomodoro technique which you should all have a look at here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4078095

Russia: 13 days left
Gen St 1: 15 days left
Gen St 2: 25 days left
Gen St 3: 29 days left
History: 29 days left
Gen St 4: 34 days left
Language: 34 days left
Literature: 36 days left
Notebook spam
IMG_20160512_214701.jpg

This is some of the revision I was doing today!

The stuff in pink is the corrections/additions I didn't know

How are you feeling about leaving school soon?
~Gingerbread~

Quotes

You really like your school, don't you? :teehee:
You really like your school, don't you? :teehee:

I really do, it is like a second home to me :blush:
My back up plan is to become a teacher :ninja:
I'm leaving my secondary school... It's quite sad I have to say, as I'll miss my friends and teachers who are begging me to stay at our sixth form. :biggrin:
If you don't mind my asking, why did you choose Durham over UCL? I'm not knocking your decision or anything, I'm just interested in your reasoning because I might be making a similar decision next year.
Original post by kennethdcharles
I'm leaving my secondary school... It's quite sad I have to say, as I'll miss my friends and teachers who are begging me to stay at our sixth form. :biggrin:

Aw, are you going to college or a different sixth form? :smile:
Original post by Jasaron
If you don't mind my asking, why did you choose Durham over UCL? I'm not knocking your decision or anything, I'm just interested in your reasoning because I might be making a similar decision next year.

I much preferred the feel of Durham to UCL - it felt much more like a community, which I really liked. London is so massive and everything is spread out, while Durham is basically a city of students (although if you like living in a big city then I guess UCL would be better). I also though the accommodation was much nicer at Durham, and it was very expensive at UCL.
In terms of actual academia, while Durham has dropped on the league tables this year, it has consistently been above UCL. It also has a better UK reputation, while UCL has a better international reputation.

I hope this helps :h:
Aw, are you going to college or a different sixth form? :smile:

I much preferred the feel of Durham to UCL - it felt much more like a community, which I really liked. London is so massive and everything is spread out, while Durham is basically a city of students (although if you like living in a big city then I guess UCL would be better). I also though the accommodation was much nicer at Durham, and it was very expensive at UCL.
In terms of actual academia, while Durham has dropped on the league tables this year, it has consistently been above UCL. It also has a better UK reputation, while UCL has a better international reputation.

I hope this helps :h:

Different sixth form: either Harris Westminster or King's College London Mathematics School. :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Update 15/05/2016

Hello everyone!

On Friday I wrote that History essay, and I think it went pretty well - I should be getting the result back tomorrow. I've also done a few more hours of revision for History and Russia, which are starting to get close now. My revision seems to be going to plan and I think I pretty much confidently know everything I need to about Russia now. History I still have a while to go, but there's a bit more time before that exam.

At the same time as trying to revise, I still find myself procrastinating. However I'm now trying to make my procrastination more productive through exercising and working out when I don't want to revise!

Russia: 10 days left
Gen St 1: 12 days left
Gen St 2: 22 days left
Gen St 3: 26 days left
History: 26 days left
Gen St 4: 31 days left
Language: 31 days left
Literature: 33 days left
Wow, nice weather?

As the weather was so nice, I went outside to revise!

Here are some nice pics of my outdoor study space (ft. parasol to make sure I don't burn because I am incredibly pale, and cat)

Has the weather been nice for you?
~Gingerbread~

Quotes

(edited 7 years ago)
Ah, this was such a cute update. :h:
Unfortunately, no outside revision for me because I don't get on with the elements (pages turning, sun glare off pages, ANTS). Nature hates me. :curious:
Ah, this was such a cute update. :h:
Unfortunately, no outside revision for me because I don't get on with the elements (pages turning, sun glare off pages, ANTS). Nature hates me. :curious:

I don't normally go outside because I burn so easily, but it was a very still day in terms of wind today and I had my sunglassses on so it was all cool :cool: :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest