The Student Room Group

What is your view on Sufism?

I find Sufis cool. :cool:

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

I'm fine with Sufism just as I'm fine about all other religions.

I believe God exists but there are many different paths(religions) to connect with God.

Although, one thing that I do not like is the tolerance levels of some religions and their believers and how they try and condemn other religion although I'm sure Sufism is not like this.

Overall, I will read more into this religion/Belief and enlighten myself with some good knowledge I can attain from this religion just as I have done from others.
Reply 2
Original post by Dhanny
I'm fine with Sufism just as I'm fine about all other religions.

I believe God exists but there are many different paths(religions) to connect with God.

Although, one thing that I do not like is the tolerance levels of some religions and their believers and how they try and condemn other religion although I'm sure Sufism is not like this.

Overall, I will read more into this religion/Belief and enlighten myself with some good knowledge I can attain from this religion just as I have done from others.

Are you sikh? But overall, their unique thoughts, ideologies and ways of worship is cool right?
Original post by champ_mc99
Are you sikh? But overall, their unique thoughts, ideologies and ways of worship is cool right?

No I'm not Sikh, although I greatly admire that religion. :wink:

As for the way Sufism seems, I don't want my opinions to influence you in anyway because I've still not read more about this religion although it looks great so far.

If you really like the ideologies and thoughts of the religion then definitely practice Sufism and learn more about it!

Don't care about what others think about the religion and practice it if you find you want to worship God via that path.

Others views shouldn't matter as long as you have complete faith.
Sufis are hot Muslims that like dancing.
Reply 5
Original post by Dhanny
No I'm not Sikh, although I greatly admire that religion. :wink:

As for the way Sufism seems, I don't want my opinions to influence you in anyway because I've still not read more about this religion although it looks great so far.

If you really like the ideologies and thoughts of the religion then definitely practice Sufism and learn more about it!

Don't care about what others think about the religion and practice it if you find you want to worship God via that path.

Others views shouldn't matter as long as you have complete faith.

Ahh cool. Sufism isn't a religion, nor is it a sect which people normally have misconceptions about. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Sufis are hot Muslims that like dancing.

You think I'm hot? :colondollar:

Spoiler

You gonna have to wait until I google it
Reply 8
Original post by ODES_PDES
You gonna have to wait until I google it

Watch the first video in the spoiler first. Only like 2 minutes.
Watch the first video in the spoiler first. Only like 2 minutes.

kool
You think I'm hot? :colondollar:

Only the women

Spoiler

Sufism is at the heart of Sharia :smile: And the Sufis were the best of Muslims and people to look up to because they followed the traditional Islam as taught by traditional scholars.
Reply 12
Original post by Someboady
Sufism is at the heart of Sharia :smile: And the Sufis were the best of Muslims and people to look up to because they followed the traditional Islam as taught by traditional scholars.

Are you Sufi? I agree.
Reply 13
Are you Sufi? I agree.

So now dancing is now par of traditional islam ?
Reply 14
Original post by Abby_7

Are you Muslim?
Are you Sufi? I agree.

By no means xD... I could never put myself with people of such faith. I do however follow traditional Islam and the scholars who actually have religious qualifications and from my limited knowledge, Sufism is something that is very much endorsed and spoken highly of.
Original post by Abby_7

part of traditional Islam? No? But what's wrong with "dancing" (since that's how you put it)? What part of "dancing" goes against anything Islam teaches? Or have you been taught a version of Islam which condemns such a blasphemous thing?
Reply 17
By no means xD... I could never put myself with people of such faith. I do however follow traditional Islam and the scholars who actually have religious qualifications and from my limited knowledge, Sufism is something that is very much endorsed and spoken highly of.

I think you're similar to me. What kinda speakers do you listen to?
Reply 18
part of traditional Islam? No? But what's wrong with "dancing" (since that's how you put it)? What part of "dancing" goes against anything Islam teaches? Or have you been taught a version of Islam which condemns such a blasphemous thing?

Its become a traditional to dance on the basis of worship even though it has not been told or reported by Prophet or Quraan. Its not mentioned in the Quraan or sunnah and thus does not hold the position to be form of worship.
Original post by Abby_7
Its become a traditional to dance on the basis of worship even though it has not been told or reported by Prophet or Quraan. Its not mentioned in the Quraan or sunnah and thus does not hold the position to be form of worship.

When did you become a scholar? I suppose you've been through every hadith there is... maybe you've even read the Quran. Apologies, didn't realise you were such a knowledgable scholar that you can pass judgement like that.

In all seriousness. Do your research. Stop Googling rubbish. Sit at the feet of traditional Scholars and listen to what they have to say (their knowledge coming solely from the Quran and Sunnah). Maybe you could learn a thing or two.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending