The Student Room Group

Is anyone on cerelle contraceptive mini pill? Opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CherylR
I just found this post and noticed it was the most recent regarding cerelle. I have been taking cerelle since May when I was switched over from cerazette, ive had problems ever since… I bleed every day for the first few months which now seems to have stopped although now and again I’ll have to wear liners because of a strange random discharge! I suffer random cramps even when I have no period, those are not often though maybe every few weeks. The worst effects are mentally, I feel anxious with irrational thinking, over thinking, irritable but also the headaches!! I have one atleast every few weeks that last 2 or 3 days. I know there are major cutbacks in the nhs but God having to go through this and only having like 3/4 days when I feel completely me and the rest of the time suffering from atleast one side effect from this pill. Can anyone else share their side effects too? I have read up on some other forums but they all seem fairly old.

Hi I have been on cerelle for 3 weeks took the 1st pill on the first day of my period which lasted 5 days as normal. Then after four days I started to bleed again it's dark brown and thick. I to have lower back ache and feel sick an tired. Has things got any better for you are u still taking it?
It's different for everyone, but I personally had a not so great experience, really heavy really irregular periods (I was on it for a year and it never settled for me) I became anaemic and started getting the depo shot (can't go on the combined pill because of migraines) instead and only ever get occasional spotting now.
Thanks for you reply
Reply 63
Original post by Anonymous
It's different for everyone, but I personally had a not so great experience, really heavy really irregular periods (I was on it for a year and it never settled for me) I became anaemic and started getting the depo shot (can't go on the combined pill because of migraines) instead and only ever get occasional spotting now.

Have you found that the white part of your eyes have started to disclour and become duller ? I've been on it for two years, I eat so well and take supplements, workout and hardly ever drink alcohol. I have this gut instinct in me that the pill is causing it because I have had no side effects from it in the slightest which feels just too good to be true. Are you also not worried that it may effect your ability to have children in the future ?
Reply 64
Original post by gould2708
I've been on the cerelle for 8 years, initially it was great; didn't have a period for 2 and a half years. Then they started coming back and throughout the years getting heavier and more painful. It is also responsible for my bad acne. I'm coming off it and I'm having the mirena coil fitted instead

Hey , i've been on it for two years now and have had no side effects. did one of your side effects include discoloration of the white bit of your eye? mine seem so much more duller recently and I eat well and hardly ever drink alcohol and I have a feeling it's to do with the pill ?
Reply 65
Hey, i've been taking Cerelle for two years and it's been absolutely fine with me too. I was paranoid at the begging as to how i would ever tell if I got pregnant or not as there are no periods to tell you otherwise, but the paranoia goes once you realise how effective it is. My skin is clear and it hasn't effected my weight in the slightest. However I've started to have discoloration to the white part of my eyes, they just seem a lot dimmer than they use to be and I eat so well and take supplements and hardly ever drink alcohol. Have you notice anything similar by any chance?
Original post by syenervy
Hey, i've been taking Cerelle for two years and it's been absolutely fine with me too. I was paranoid at the begging as to how i would ever tell if I got pregnant or not as there are no periods to tell you otherwise, but the paranoia goes once you realise how effective it is. My skin is clear and it hasn't effected my weight in the slightest. However I've started to have discoloration to the white part of my eyes, they just seem a lot dimmer than they use to be and I eat so well and take supplements and hardly ever drink alcohol. Have you notice anything similar by any chance?

I have been on cerelle for 6 weeks now and have seen no change in my eyes. I have had spotting every day some days heavier than others and it's driving me mad. Will the bleeding ever stop. Has anyone else had the same? Some days I also feel sick!
Last Thursday I took my last microgynon pill, but because they were possible causing me migraines the doctor put me onto cerelle, which I started straight away on the Friday! I haven't had a period at all, and this would had been my break week had I been on the microgynon! Is this normal or do I just have to wait for my body to adjust to the new pill?
Hey Iv been on cerazette since last september. i had one 3 week long period, at the beginning and then bit of spotting a month later. After that I just started getting random periods every 3 months that last 3/4 days. I also sometimes get brown discharge (old blood) for a couple days and then it goes.

I started having another one of my 'proper' periods at the beginning of March and it stopped on the 3rd. However, it has now started again (11th). Ive never experienced periods so close together. Its a few days before my university deadline, so maybe its due to stress. Is this normal? And do I need to go and see my GP or is it fine to just wait till I get my next pills?
When I first started I was having the worst period pains ever but wasn't on my period I've been on it nearly 2 months now just after being on it a month I had my first period that lasted 16 days it was heavy but at the same time it wasn't I was off for 5 days and no back on this is my 10th days of bleeding again now in the same month It is also making me so moody and tired, very emotional and terrible headache and back pains all I want to do is just lay in bed and sleep and eat it's horrible I so wish I didn't start this pill!! But I suppose everyone is different so good luck xx
I have been taking cerelle for the last month and I had my period yet. I have never taken this tablet before so I'm not sure if I have periods or not while taking the is tablet plz help x
I was on microgynon for 10 days and then the doctors pescribed me with cerelle, 3 days into this pill I started bleeding heavy, I have been bleeding heavy for 3 days and taking the pill as normal, is this my period or something else?
Hi I have been on cerelle for 15 weeks. Been spotting most of the time. Now it's dark brown and like pieces of cells has anyone else had this as nurse said it was normal on this pill but is now becoming a pain.
Someone please give me some advice I have been on cerelle for 4 months and have been spotting nearly the whole time it's driving me mad will this ever stop. It goes from dark brown thick jelly like for a couple of weeks then for a couple of days red in colour. Has anyone else had this I was told by practice nurse that this is normal. How much longer will this go on for?
Reply 74
My dr gave me cerelle to take but i didnt know it was a mini pill and stopped for the 7 days after the first pack and not took a period is this what happens or do u just continuly take it.
Original post by Dasiymoomoo
Someone please give me some advice I have been on cerelle for 4 months and have been spotting nearly the whole time it's driving me mad will this ever stop. It goes from dark brown thick jelly like for a couple of weeks then for a couple of days red in colour. Has anyone else had this I was told by practice nurse that this is normal. How much longer will this go on for?

I've stopped taking this pill as I couldn't be bothered having extremely long periods even after being on it for over a year. There were times when I went months without a period but as soon as that was over I would be bleeding properly for weeks. It's normal but it won't necessarily stop :redface:
Original post by Lynne036
My dr gave me cerelle to take but i didnt know it was a mini pill and stopped for the 7 days after the first pack and not took a period is this what happens or do u just continuly take it.

You're supposed to take it every day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
I have periods every week, and I suffer with really bad headaches I'm coming off it
I'm getting periods every 3 weeks or so. But they're usually pretty short. Thankfully for me, I'm not getting migraine any more.
Reply 78
Hi, I had Deppo injection for 2 years and didn't have any periods for after having my second injection. My doctor has given me Cerelle as I had to come off it but after reading all these comments I'm not sure whether to take it or not!
Ive took the pill for like 2 months now and my perods are constantly on and off, they pill hasnt given me a lot of headackes and chest pains, i stopped taking them after my 4 period in a month and its kept the same constantly on and off my period,i personally wouldnt advice anyone to take them, but i guess it worked better on other people,im getting really worried but all the doctors says is keep trying the for a couple of months😲

Quick Reply

Latest