The Student Room Group

i have signed up for NCS but i dont know anyone!!

Scroll to see replies

Everyone is just as awkward as you, so don't worry. :smile: All you need to do is not be jerk and you'll be fine.
Original post by Amirh
I did it last year and tbh I am very shy and awkward but everyone is, once you do the crazy activities you bond really fast. For example we did coasteering and the waves were insane so when we finished everyone was so happy and laughing about it.

I really hope this happens in our group
I wanna make lots of friends but idk how
I did NCS in 2014 and I found it really easy to make friends because everyone else is in the same boat. You're kind of forced to bond with each other because of the wild activities haha. I don't remember there being anyone left who didn't make any friends by the end of the first week. Don't worry about it! It's an amazing experience.
Reply 23
Original post by tamanna___

Lool dw by just saying hello to everyone and introducing yourself as soon as you see people all the other shy people will become really attached to you. By just saying anything without being filtered and doing it with conviction you can speak to anyone!
Why did some of you pay £50+? I went on and booked it for £20 + a £5 donation? Have I done something wrong?
Original post by AimlessWishes
has anyone done ncs before. i m really looking forward to it but my only worry is that i wont make friends with the 15 people i am grouped with. Did anyone meed their group before they went away to to the first week?
Im a very friendly and out going person, but sometimes i lack confindence. i am woking on looking more confident and being able to make new friends quicker but what if i nobody likes me or i dont like them? has anyone has this problem?
i need to get good at making new friends as i am going to college where i wont know anyone at all which although daunting is very exciting and im looking forward to it. i feel that ncs wil help me gain confidence.
i have read good and bad reveiws about ncs what was your experience of it?
thank you,
E xx

I did NCS in Brent London last summer and it was probably the best three weeks. Making new friends is honestly a highlight and it even made me really close to someone that had been in my school form group for five years but I'd never really spoken to her! Make the most of the time and experiences, it's over sooner than you wish, especially the second week. I learnt all those things they say about independence and cooking but it also helped me grow as a person. I learnt alot of things while being outside the comfort of my school friends and people that I had grown up with. It isn't even awkward between you and all these strangers because you are with them for three consecutive weeks and it ends up feeling like you've known them for months. I even met up with some the people on my 'wave' on the weekends where we returned home!

I hope you have fun!
Original post by futurematters
Why did some of you pay £50+? I went on and booked it for £20 + a £5 donation? Have I done something wrong?

They give discounts if you book it early, through school, things like that, so as to encourage more people to sign up
Original post by mk_cbc
yepp, going on the 23rd of july.

Oh same
Reply 28
Original post by mk_cbc

also doing mine 23rd of july
Reply 29
Original post by mk_cbc

also doing mine 23rd of july. what brough?
Original post by chidnma
also doing mine 23rd of july. what brough?

@mk_cbc and i are going from the Bradford borough hby?
Stupidly I forgot the sign up date for when I signed up for NCS and I have a faint idea but not 100%. Does anyone know how I can find out.
Original post by AimlessWishes
has anyone done ncs before. i m really looking forward to it but my only worry is that i wont make friends with the 15 people i am grouped with. Did anyone meed their group before they went away to to the first week?
Im a very friendly and out going person, but sometimes i lack confindence. i am woking on looking more confident and being able to make new friends quicker but what if i nobody likes me or i dont like them? has anyone has this problem?
i need to get good at making new friends as i am going to college where i wont know anyone at all which although daunting is very exciting and im looking forward to it. i feel that ncs wil help me gain confidence.
i have read good and bad reveiws about ncs what was your experience of it?
thank you,
E xx

Hiya, I'm also doing NCS and I don't think you need to worry, I say that it will be fine whether you believe me I don't know, but all you need to do is believe because you can do it, I'm going to do it, what date are you going.

Sasha
Original post by tamanna___

I think it will just happen. The more nervous you are the more nervous everyone else will be.

Sasha
They’ll email you all the details eventually so don’t worry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending