The Student Room Group

Microeconomic Real World Knowledge

I have near to no microeconomic knowledge - and with the ECON1 AQA paper in less than a week I really need some. Has anyone got any relevant notes about any real world knowledge that would help em? Or could anyone refer me to some. Thanks
Original post by Oceancity
I have near to no microeconomic knowledge - and with the ECON1 AQA paper in less than a week I really need some. Has anyone got any relevant notes about any real world knowledge that would help em? Or could anyone refer me to some. Thanks

real world knowledge? or economic theory?
Reply 2

Is this A Level or GCSE? I had a brilliant teacher who got me through A Level and wrote us our own revision guides, BUT from what I remember...
1. Just answer every single past paper. Do one with your notes or text book and then try and get away from it :smile:
2. CGP textbooks saved my life in geography... they must do them for Econ too :smile:
3. answer your questions by analysing and remember ECONTime (hahaha if anyone from my school sees this...). It means E.. (okay I can't remember E but if I do I'll post it!), Cost, Objectives, Numbers and Time :smile:

Hope that helps!
I also do econ at uni now and although it's a little rusty, if you have a question feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by keynes24
real world knowledge? or economic theory?

Real world knowledge - like things happening in the UK at the moment. Possibly something like industries experiencing some sort of failure from government intervention, or something to do with externalities, like a new tax set on something. Just anything that may be in relation to AQA ECON1
Reply 4
Real world knowledge - like things happening in the UK at the moment. Possibly something like industries experiencing some sort of failure from government intervention, or something to do with externalities, like a new tax set on something. Just anything that may be in relation to AQA ECON1

E was externalities :biggrin: and just read the BBC or the guardian everyday :smile:

Section B is based on a case study with limited use of general knowledge. I would suggest concentrating in economic theory, exam technique and using data from the extract.

Quick Reply

Latest