The Student Room Group

Manchester police sorry for Allahu ackbar chants

Poll

Should Greater Manchester police have apologised?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-36254254

I woke up to read this and thought i was still asleep. I know things are beyond believable anymore when it comes to molly cuddling the muslim communities in Britain but this is a new level of namby pampy political correctness.

I find it staggering that they apologised. The British government are so fearful of the muslim community, that should tell you everything you need to know

Reasonable muslims must be tearing their hair out along with the rest of us

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If people want them to be prepared for a terror attack then these excercises need to be as realistic as possible and who is most likely to be responsible for a terror attack here? I don't think it is the Buddhist state
AllahChester
I do not see what the problem is? They apoligised if they caused offence.

I dont think its anything to do with fear, its just human decency as they obviously realised it was wrong.

I dont see why they had to say it in the first place if im being honest - I dont think it makes it any less or more realistic considering the volunteers were wearing things which limited their hearing in the first place.
Original post by TSRFT8
I do not see what the problem is? They apoligised if they caused offence.

I dont think its anything to do with fear, its just human decency as they obviously realised it was wrong.

I dont see why they had to say it in the first place if im being honest - I dont think it makes it any less or more realistic considering the volunteers were wearing things which limited their hearing in the first place.

This
Because it is unnecessary? They are directly associating muslims with terrorism and assuming that attacks will be orchestrated by a muslim. It has **** all to do with being PC and everything to do with being a ****.

And they damn well should have apologised. Disgraceful.
It's bad enough us Muslims have to see terrorists use that phrase whilst they kill people, it's insulting. Why use it again in a mock drill? I'm sure that it isn't the most vital part of this drill.
Reply 7
Allah is satan
Original post by Erebor

is this a real place? lol
Original post by AverageExcellence
is this a real place? lol

It says ALLANS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VoteLeave
Allah is satan

Evidence?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ivybridge
Because it is unnecessary? They are directly associating muslims with terrorism and assuming that attacks will be orchestrated by a muslim.

They have said that they were training for a specific type of threat. One that has been made against shopping centres in the UK by Islamic terrorists and a tactic they have used in the past.

When you learn to drive you get out in the car and practise driving.
When you learn to put out a fire you set something on fire and then use water.

This was a training exercise designed to look, sound and feel like a specific type of threat. You have to make then realistic so that the people you need to perform do so in a way that makes sense and so they can learn from it.

You don't understand that because you've never been anywhere near an environment like that, so stop whining about something you clearly haven't got the first clue about.
(edited 7 years ago)
Because it is unnecessary? They are directly associating muslims with terrorism and assuming that attacks will be orchestrated by a muslim. It has **** all to do with being PC and everything to do with being a ****.

And they damn well should have apologised. Disgraceful.

If you can suggest anything else islamic terrorists shout when the blow themselves up then im sure you can write in... and lets not kid ourselves who else is going to shoot up and blow up a shopping mall these days?
What was the dude supposed to say? "JESUS LOVES YOU ALL GUYSS" or "OK THIS IS A DRILL PRETEND TO DIE NOW"
Original post by Drewski
They have said that they were training for a specific type of threat. One that has been made against shipping centres in the UK by Islamic terrorists and a tactic they have used in the past.

When you learn to drive you get out in the car and practise driving.
When you learn to put out a fire you set something on fire and then use water.

This was a training exercise designed to look, sound and feel like a specific type of threat. You have to make then realistic so that the people you need to perform do so in a way that makes sense and so they can learn from it.

You don't understand that because you've never been anywhere near an environment like that, so stop whining about something you clearly haven't got the first clue about.

Original post by AverageExcellence
If you can suggest anything else islamic terrorists shout when the blow themselves up then im sure you can write in... and lets not kid ourselves who else is going to shoot up and blow up a shopping mall these days?

You are both missing the point. It was unnecessary. The point is it's a terrorist attack. You did not need to shout anything specific out. You could have said "BLAH" out loud for all it ****ing mattered.
You are both missing the point. It was unnecessary. The point is it's a terrorist attack. You did not need to shout anything specific out. You could have said "BLAH" out loud for all it ****ing mattered.

No. It wasn't. It was preparation specifically for a type of attack perpetrated by Islamic terrorists, therefore it was entirely relevant.
Original post by Drewski
No. It wasn't. It was preparation specifically for a type of attack perpetrated by Islamic terrorists, therefore it was entirely relevant.

The issue I see is, it can be seen as associating the phrase with just terrorist attacks. But it's used so often, like when old people sit down they'll mutter it. :lol:

You could see people panicking after seeing an old guy trying to sit down on a bench :lol:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
What was the dude supposed to say? "JESUS LOVES YOU ALL GUYSS" or "OK THIS IS A DRILL PRETEND TO DIE NOW"

'Long live the Judean Popular People's Front'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending