One day closer... AH!!

1. B1 past paper
2. B1 questions
3. C1 - Metals 20 Q&A
'' '' - Crude oil 19 Q&A
'' '' - Fuels 13 Q&A
4. P1 questions
5. French vocab

Well done today! Don't worry about how long is left! I'm sure that you will know everything! Keep up the good work.:smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 09/05/16
I wonder how much longer this nice weather will last :smile:

15 Japan Tsunami cards

30 ICT cards

C6 revision

150 German cards

15 B1 cards

34 B3 cards

54 Cards on C1

30 Geog cards

Well done today! I have a feeling that it's gonna start raining again- I shouldn't jinx it though(or maybe I already did). Keep up the good work!:smile:
Update 09/05/2016
I think I have been productive today. Hopefully, I'll do even more tommorow.Exactly a WEEK left now!:frown:

RE- Revised places and forms of worship and did a past paper on it
English literature- revised the key scenes in a view from the bridge and revised some of the themes of Anita and Me such as change, growing up and family
French- did two listening papers- one I achieved an A and the other an A* but that was because I did the paper before.
Science- revised C4 and static electricity of P4
Original post by NiamhM1801
I don't know what happened to me today at all, it might be stress? I'm not sure. But I couldn't focus in RE at all today and I spent most of the lesson with my head in my hands crying slightly and then for about an hour afterwards I was really shaky and ughhh I'm so not ready for exams and I have 7 days to go help me :frown:
Also the school printer is BROKEN so I couldn't print off any notes id made or past papers I need to do so now I'm even more stressed :angry:
I'm such a mess it awful, it's like I'm on weekly cycles of positive vibes and panicky low self esteem moods. This week it's the 2nd one :frown:. I don't know what to do as exams are so close but I need to sort myself out!!

Hey don't worry!

I have exams in 7 days too and yes, it's stressfull. I know this might sound daft but believe in yourself. Believe in your ability and be proud of yourself. What I do to overcome stress that I forget about the grades I want to achieve and whether or not I can achieve them. Be proud! Take a day off if you feel that you can't revise! Remember, you're human and therefore, you
should rest!
I hope this makes you less stressful!:smile:
:hugs:
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
OML, I love panic at the disco!

YAY I found someone else who likes them!! (although these days that isn't too hard!) haha!

You must have so much content at As level!! ANd 9 days is such a short space of time, soI respect you for that :smile: Mine end on the 22nd June so I have about 19 exams over 6 weeks which is less compact as you :biggrin:

There is quite a lot of content, yes! However I still have no idea how those doing their GCSEs manage to learn the content for so many subjects and do well - so well done you so far! I didn't do great in my GCSEs so I'm a bit determined to do better in my AS Levels. :biggrin:

9 days is way too short imo, but it does mean I get over 2 weeks study leave free of exams/classes so that's an upside to it!

19 exams over 6 weeks! That's still quite packed in, but you've clearly been working hard so I imagine you're very prepared :smile:
Original post by sahra30013
Hey don't worry!

I have exams in 7 days too and yes, it's stressfull. I know this might sound daft but believe in yourself. Believe in your ability and be proud of yourself. What I do to overcome stress that I forget about the grades I want to achieve and whether or not I can achieve them. Be proud! Take a day off if you feel that you can't revise! Remember, you're human and therefore, you
should rest!
I hope this makes you less stressful!:smile:
:hugs:

Thank you so much :smile: I know everyone else is feeling the same way so I'll just have to manage it. Thanks again :smile:
Original post by srmed
It's alright :smile: and well for pretty much all the exams after I have done revision for them due to mocks we did in the last couple of weeks. I will be revising over it and doing LOADS of past papers for the exams after half term. In the first week I have 5 exams, none on the monday but there's english language the first day back which I'm dreading the most, so nervous for it :frown: what exam board do you do for English? I do AQA. And it's really good that my last exam has a 10 day gap between the second to last one if that makes sense haha

Oh ok i do WJEC :smile: Same here i have a ten day gap too for Statistics :smile:
UPDATE FOR 09/05/16
I wonder how much longer this nice weather will last :smile:

15 Japan Tsunami cards

30 ICT cards

C6 revision

150 German cards

15 B1 cards

34 B3 cards

54 Cards on C1

30 Geog cards

WOOOOW You've done so much :smile: How do you manage your time ?
Update 09/05/2016
I think I have been productive today. Hopefully, I'll do even more tommorow.Exactly a WEEK left now!:frown:

RE- Revised places and forms of worship and did a past paper on it
English literature- revised the key scenes in a view from the bridge and revised some of the themes of Anita and Me such as change, growing up and family
French- did two listening papers- one I achieved an A and the other an A* but that was because I did the paper before.
Science- revised C4 and static electricity of P4

Well done :smile: x
Original post by nisha.sri
WOOOOW You've done so much :smile: How do you manage your time ?

I just plan the strenuous stuff at times when I'm awake and use the less mentally challenging stuff for when I am trying to wind down or don't feel at my best - I especially like to do this whilst wathcing TV or something like that, or when I'm eating :smile:

Original post by PhanicAtTheDisco
There is quite a lot of content, yes! However I still have no idea how those doing their GCSEs manage to learn the content for so many subjects and do well - so well done you so far! I didn't do great in my GCSEs so I'm a bit determined to do better in my AS Levels. :biggrin:

9 days is way too short imo, but it does mean I get over 2 weeks study leave free of exams/classes so that's an upside to it!

19 exams over 6 weeks! That's still quite packed in, but you've clearly been working hard so I imagine you're very prepared :smile:

Yes, I'm quite looking forward to leaving all the subjects I don't like behind and it's great to hear you want to do even better :biggrin: I'm sure you did well at GCSE :smile:

2 weeks must be an upside - make sure you enjoy it!!

I suppose it is, but it gives me chance to work at them and I can always get quite a bit done when I only have one exam a day, especially if they are short exams :smile:

Well done today! Don't worry about how long is left! I'm sure that you will know everything! Keep up the good work.:smile:

Well done today! I have a feeling that it's gonna start raining again- I shouldn't jinx it though(or maybe I already did). Keep up the good work!:smile:

You were right - it rained :biggrin:
Thank you!

Thank you and no I haven't spoken to anyone about it, but it's not a big deal (not enough to get them involved) as I can usually deal with it by myself. Don't worry I'll message you if I ever need someone to talk to, thanks :smile:

No problem, and I completely understand why you don't want others involved :smile:
I have a question - how come your GCSEs start so late? My last exam is in the first week of June, yet some of you are having them till the end of it...
Original post by Mac117
I have a question - how come your GCSEs start so late? My last exam is in the first week of June, yet some of you are having them till the end of it...

Maybe different boards ?
So the last couple of days have been stressful. My English teacher has been annoying by expecting me to somehow complete three past papers in an evening... When I have never even seen an English igcse past paper before! Nor do I have much time, due to all of my other subjects :0
However, I got my geography test back today and I managed to get an A* - which puts me in good step for the end of year exam.
I also received an A in biology - it was boarderline A though - so need to work on that a bit more before my exam. Obviously, my end of year exams aren't as important as the actual GCSEs, however I want to be to practice and go through the process - attempting to treat it like my final exams.
Can someone help me with this question what does it mean ?
- evaluate information about the effect of lifestyleon development of disease
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
So the last couple of days have been stressful. My English teacher has been annoying by expecting me to somehow complete three past papers in an evening... When I have never even seen an English igcse past paper before! Nor do I have much time, due to all of my other subjects :0
However, I got my geography test back today and I managed to get an A* - which puts me in good step for the end of year exam.
I also received an A in biology - it was boarderline A though - so need to work on that a bit more before my exam. Obviously, my end of year exams aren't as important as the actual GCSEs, however I want to be to practice and go through the process - attempting to treat it like my final exams.

Hey there, I know I'm a MASSIVE hypocrite in saying this but try not to stress if you can as its really not good - I know how hard it is though so don't worry.
3 past papers in a night?!? That's ridiculous and no one can ever expect you to do that! Especially English papers as well as there's not even a quick fix!
Try not to worry about it too much though as from what I've heard English is a very strong subject of yours :smile: and congratulations on the geography that's amazing!!
Finally, you're in year 10 aren't you? It's fantastic that you're at this stage already as this time last year I was doing nowhere near as well as you so well done! :biggrin: But most importantly try not to get worked up over your end of year exams as at the end of the day they don't count for anything. Definitely use them as good practice for the real thing but if something (definitely not implying it will) does go wrong, try not to get upset over it but instead learn from it so it doesn't happen in your real exam!
Chin up and don't worry about English, your teacher's being hugely unreasonable :s-smilie:
Can someone help me with this question what does it mean ?
- evaluate information about the effect of lifestyleon development of disease

I'm assuming it's based on lifestyle diseases (such as heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes etc.) so I guess you just have to discuss what aspects of lifestyle lead to these diseases becoming present for each (they tend to be caused for the most part by the same factors so I doubt you'll have to write too much)
Hope I helped :tongue:
I'm assuming it's based on lifestyle diseases (such as heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes etc.) so I guess you just have to discuss what aspects of lifestyle lead to these diseases becoming present for each (they tend to be caused for the most part by the same factors so I doubt you'll have to write too much)
Hope I helped :tongue:

Thanks i understand you certainly did help :smile: Could you possibly give me an example of this ? Thank you, your an angel :biggrin:
UPDATE 10/05/16
A week from my exam,7 days remaining - well 6 days in 3 hours. Not much done today because i had a headache due to the rain :frown: It's incredible how the weather alters in England.

1. B1 - Immunity and questions from textbook
2. French - vocab
3. B1 - questions on drugs + adaptations from textbook
4. C1 - 20 Q&A
5. P1 - 'how science works' - textbook
amazing grades honestly, wish I was that smart lol
Thanks i understand you certainly did help :smile: Could you possibly give me an example of this ? Thank you, your an angel :biggrin:

Considering I don't know how many marks its worth I guess I would say "A person's lifestyle can affect their health in a number of ways, leading to chronic diseases such as heart disease. The risk of developing heart disease is greatly increased due to poor diet, lack of exercise and excessive smoking. Smoking is also a factor that could lead to high blood pressure and strokes. Poor diet is also most commonly linked to type 2 diabetes, as excessive glucose consumption means that the pancreas is unable to meet the insulin demands the body needs and subsequently stops producing it completely.". Hopefully that was enough and it hit the right points? This was my favourite biology unit can you tell? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending