The Student Room Group

I have special needs and I had virtually no support for the last year at F.E. College

I know this is far too late to be posting, but I have had no support for my disability whatsoever during this last year of my course at F.E. College and all because I didn't speak up about my struggles with not having any support, the learning support worker has another student to help everyday and I only see her 1:30pm - 4:00pm on Wednesdays, 9am - 10am and 3pm - 4:15pm on Thursday, I was supposed to get 1:1 support as I have a statement of special educational needs, now I am struggling on my last month and I have 20 assignments that I need to finish and hand in on 31st May, now if I had that 1:1 support, I would be fine, but because there is not enough support staff at the college, my support has been basically taken off me. I know that another student needs support but would there have been a way that 50% of the time could have been spent with me and 50% with the other student because right now the other student is getting 95% of the support worker's time and I'm getting 5% of her time. Is this fair? :frown: :frown:
Have you talked to your tutors?
Original post by Tiger Rag
Have you talked to your tutors?

No I didn't because I didn't want to make a big deal out of it and feel like I'm a huge inconvenience by doing this.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by JonJo000
No I didn't because I didn't want to make a big deal out of it and feel like I'm a huge inconvenience by doing this.

They can only help if they know you need help. If you don't say anything, they will assume that you're coping OK. It clearly is a big deal and you need to access the support to which you're entitled. However, that needs you to make the first move.

Quick Reply

Latest