The Student Room Group

Things you struggle with mostly while learning to drive

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
On the test myself I was focusing more on the people to see if they were real than clicking lmao

I was the exact same! :laugh: I thought I had failed the question part so thought the HP was pointless so spent most of my time working out if they were actually that creepy in real life or made up. Thankfully they are made up :tongue:

Don't you have your practical test soon? How's your lessons going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roundabouts and making it obvious I'm looking at mirrors...

Small ones I'm fine with, its just the big ones like the ones where I'm entering the big town and off the motorway junction one that i just mess up :P
Original post by Spock's Socks
I was the exact same! :laugh: I thought I had failed the question part so thought the HP was pointless so spent most of my time working out if they were actually that creepy in real life or made up. Thankfully they are made up :tongue:

Don't you have your practical test soon? How's your lessons going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1st june! :colondollar: nervous cuz ive got uni exams this month too and trying to focus on everything is a bit crazy, plus my instructors been having problems... so hopefully I can fit in my lessons, I'm done with everything, just need to perfect manouvres and so on! :biggrin:
Reply 163
Had to change my driving test back to the original date in August. My driving instructor is away on the first week of July on holiday. I was sure she said it was the last week in July :colondollar: ah well, at least the test is all booked up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had to change my driving test back to the original date in August. My driving instructor is away on the first week of July on holiday. I was sure she said it was the last week in July :colondollar: ah well, at least the test is all booked up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah well, at least you've got a date to work towards to :biggrin: my test is in August too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ohhello92x
Ah well, at least you've got a date to work towards to :biggrin: my test is in August too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

mine is close =[ dreading it, esp since its the first time lol
mine is close =[ dreading it, esp since its the first time lol

Aww I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: hope you do well :biggrin:
My test in August is first time for me too :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: hope you do well :biggrin:
My test in August is first time for me too :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha you'll also be fine! :biggrin: just gotta get uni exams and stuff outta the way too!
haha you'll also be fine! :biggrin: just gotta get uni exams and stuff outta the way too!

Hehe thanks :biggrin:! Yeah exactly, just need to get uni work out of the way then that's one less thing to stress about :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 169
I made a tweet about booking my driving test and the official Vauxhall page left me a cat themed reply :laugh: made my day :tongue: shame I have a Suzuki :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I made a tweet about booking my driving test and the official Vauxhall page left me a cat themed reply :laugh: made my day :tongue: shame I have a Suzuki :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's awesome! I wish more pages were like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh brilliant! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my test in a fortnight, absolutely bricking it :colondollar: my instructor says that I'm a 'bit dithery' at roundabouts, understatement of the year :')
Good luck with your tests!
Original post by lharrisonx
Got my test in a fortnight, absolutely bricking it :colondollar: my instructor says that I'm a 'bit dithery' at roundabouts, understatement of the year :')

Aw good luck :biggrin: hope you do well & pass! :smile:
Thanks :redface: can't wait till August when I do my test, just want to get it over and done with and get my licence :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 174
Original post by lharrisonx

Good luck with your test and be sure yo let us know how you get on :h:

I'm ditzy too, not just at roundabouts so don't worry about it :colondollar: :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manoeuvres such as reverse around corner and parallel/bay park plus approaching junctions where the lanes are more confusing. Judgement/concentration basically.
Aw good luck :biggrin: hope you do well & pass! :smile:
Thanks :redface: can't wait till August when I do my test, just want to get it over and done with and get my licence :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, I really want it by June basically ends haha
Had a bit of a moment when doing a turn in a road around a s shape bend for the first time when it was tipping it down with rain. She was very harsh on me today because I keep making the same mistakes recently and I'm struggling to fix them. So she figured that as I've told her in the past I need pushing a lot sometimes she's probably thought this could be one of those times.

We've come to the conclusion that I'm at that stupid stage that everyone gets to when they're near test standard, ive stayed the same standard for the last month or so now and I'm struggling to get past it.

Anyone else feel this way at the moment? Not really sure how to push past this stupid "stuck" stage
Me too, I really want it by June basically ends haha

Haha fair enough :biggrin: fed up of relying on public transport/other people to get around haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midnightmemories
Had a bit of a moment when doing a turn in a road around a s shape bend for the first time when it was tipping it down with rain. She was very harsh on me today because I keep making the same mistakes recently and I'm struggling to fix them. So she figured that as I've told her in the past I need pushing a lot sometimes she's probably thought this could be one of those times.

We've come to the conclusion that I'm at that stupid stage that everyone gets to when they're near test standard, ive stayed the same standard for the last month or so now and I'm struggling to get past it.

Anyone else feel this way at the moment? Not really sure how to push past this stupid "stuck" stage

Yeah I've been having stupid moments when doing manoeuvres :/ like yesterday when doing parallel park, can normally do it fine but was being stupid -.- and with bay park too 😁😬🤔🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending