The Student Room Group

Short midwifery course

Hi Guys,

I am a nurse and I have got interview for midwifery at Staffordshire university, by reading the information they have sent me- they asking to bring an artefact that symbolises what midwifery means to me- I don't know what to take, I am very stuck, if anybody could help me please.
Original post by Faztastic
Hi Guys,

I am a nurse and I have got interview for midwifery at Staffordshire university, by reading the information they have sent me- they asking to bring an artefact that symbolises what midwifery means to me- I don't know what to take, I am very stuck, if anybody could help me please.

I have just been researching this , i found these online suggestions from other students :

- bring a candle, as nurses we "shine a light" on the needs of our patients. It is also a reminder of Florence Nightingale, also known as "the lady with the lamp".

- Hands. We lay healing hands on our patients. The power of touch.

- I would bring a heart, a hand,and I life preserver. For caring, the hand that heals and that we save lives.

you could personalize them to suit what ever you fell or can relate to .

i hope that helps , good luck .. please let me know how it went , i too would like to become a midwife .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending