The Student Room Group

Scared of failing my GCSEs

My parents, my teachers and even my schoolmates all have high expectations and think I can achieve all A* and they also think I've been revising since last September 😕 but tbh I have so much pressure on me that I just gave up but now that my exams are 5 days away I'm feeling anxious and guilty for not revising
I want to get at least 4 A* and 4 As but I haven't started revising now. Should I just accept the fact that I'm screwed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by AmazingLy
My parents, my teachers and even my schoolmates all have high expectations and think I can achieve all A* and they also think I've been revising since last September 😕 but tbh I have so much pressure on me that I just gave up but now that my exams are 5 days away I'm feeling anxious and guilty to revise
I want to get at least 4 A* and 4 As but I haven't started revising now. Should I just accept the fact that I'm screwed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, start revising now. There's still enough time
It's never too late, might as well just do the best you can rather than regretting it on results day thinking about how much you could've done
My parents, my teachers and even my schoolmates all have high expectations and think I can achieve all A* and they also think I've been revising since last September 😕 but tbh I have so much pressure on me that I just gave up but now that my exams are 5 days away I'm feeling anxious and guilty to revise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally same position as me. Some girl said to me "you've been revising since year 4" but I'm like that is really not the case lol fml. I'm lucky my parents really don't have high expectations of me (they literally want me to pass and that's it) but my teachers and school mates think I'll get all As and A*s. I have started revising, I mean I've made all my flashcards, I just haven't learnt them yet which is stupid considering the exam is in 5 days :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by romansholiday
Literally same position as me. Some girl said to me "you've been revising since year 4" but I'm like that is really not the case lol fml. I'm lucky my parents really don't have high expectations of me (they literally want me to pass and that's it) but my teachers and school mates think I'll get all As and A*s. I have started revising, I mean I've made all my flashcards, I just haven't learnt them yet which is stupid considering the exam is in 5 days :frown:

I mean I do revise but no like proper revision. Every time I start revising I'm like what's the point I'm gonna fail anyways and then I just give up. You're so lucky your parents don't have high expectations, my mom keeps making little comments about how my cousins did so well and she expects me to do better etc. 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hey dont worry! i was in the same position as you just a week ago and i actually posted about my situation on the student room and believe me ive learnt so much in a matter of just a few days. START REVISING NOW!!! do 2-4 hours after school and do really long hours over the weekends/days off. for example on weekends i do from 10-8 with regular breaks. Its only for a month then you'll have a super long summer to relax in. It will be worth it :smile:
Also, i know exactly how you feel about parents comparing you to other family members, im arab so i know the struggle -_- just ignore it but also use it as a way to think "ill do better than them, if not at gcse's; then in the future" Its never too late.
Good luck, im sure you'll do well :smile:
I mean I do revise but no like proper revision. Every time I start revising I'm like what's the point I'm gonna fail anyways and then I just give up. You're so lucky your parents don't have high expectations, my mom keeps making little comments about how my cousins did so well and she expects me to do better etc. 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

My cousin got 10 A*s and 2 As and my mum literally doesn't care lol. Good luck for your GCSEs anyway, we need it :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest