The Student Room Group

Can I still get a B if I do 1 foundation exam for AQA GCSE Science?

So, I am doing Higher for AQA GCSE Additional Biology & Chemistry. However, I am doing foundation for Physics. Would I be able to get a B overall?
no because as far as i know foundation only goes up to C.
Reply 2
Original post by _aishahxo_
So, I am doing Higher for AQA GCSE Additional Biology & Chemistry. However, I am doing foundation for Physics. Would I be able to get a B overall?

Depends what grades you get, UMS wise a C on foundation gives the same UMS as a C on a higher paper.

But to get at least a B overall, for example you would need ABB in your higher bio and chem, and your ISA, and a C in your foundation physics.

If you give me your predicted grades I'll be happy to work out what you would need :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by gregan
Depends what grades you get, UMS wise a C on foundation gives the same UMS as a C on a higher paper.

But to get at least a B overall, for example you would need ABB in your higher bio and chem, and your ISA, and a C in your foundation physics.

If you give me your predicted grades I'll be happy to work out what you would need :smile:

I haven't got my predicted grades yet. But I did a Biology mock today and I am doing one on Physics. I am doing the Chemistry one next week.
So would you recommend me to do Physics Higher paper?
Reply 4
Original post by _aishahxo_
I haven't got my predicted grades yet. But I did a Biology mock today and I am doing one on Physics. I am doing the Chemistry one next week.
So would you recommend me to do Physics Higher paper?

Are you in Y10 or Y11 at the moment ? If you're in Y11 I think it's too late now to change the entries (though I'm not sure)
Reply 5
Original post by gregan
Are you in Y10 or Y11 at the moment ? If you're in Y11 I think it's too late now to change the entries (though I'm not sure)

I'm in year 12 because I am resitting science GCSE.
But I can change the entries i think.

Quick Reply

Latest