The Student Room Group

Emma Watson named in latest Panama Papers leak

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
Classical Liberalism doesn't encourage tax avoidance, but less tax. As they pay less tax, rich people can fund charities to care about what the state ignores.

Well duh.

But classical liberals that live in a pesky tax heavy nation can justify avoiding tax. Get round the system you don't like. If she was a classical liberal then her tax avoidance would be consistent with her world view.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ha ha ha! Gotta love the stinking hypocrisy of the lefty luvvies... :biggrin:

I don't blame her for shoving some of her money offshore, mind, everyone on this website would do it if they had her kind of wealth.

It is human nature to want to keep as much as you can from the sweaty hands of the taxman. Nothing wrong with it at all.

It is just that we on the right recognise this truth. Those on the left say it is morally wrong for everyone else, but not them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/tax/11189430/Tony-Benns-inheritance-tax-dodge-how-it-works-and-how-you-can-use-it-too.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11422875/Labours-in-trouble-over-Ed-Milibands-tax-hypocrisy.html
(edited 7 years ago)
I love how all of you are just focusing on how attractive or not she is. Literally just proving why her speeches and comments, and feminist attitudes generally, were necessary.

Saying she isn't pretty, lmfao, grow up - your standards are beyond the clouds.

Oh and by the way, I do think what has happened is wrong but you're all showing yourselves to be utter pricks. Focus on the issue under scrutiny, not whether or not she manages to help you get your penis up in the morning. Ridiculous.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ivybridge
I love how all of you are just focusing on how attractive or not she is. Literally just proving why her speeches and comments, and feminist attitudes generally, were necessary.

Saying she isn't pretty, lmfao, grow up - your standards are beyond the clouds.

Oh and by the way, I do think what has happened is wrong but you're all showing yourselves to be utter pricks. Focus on the issue under scrutiny, not whether or not she manages to help you get your penis up in the morning. Ridiculous.

Yeah but be honest, you would wouldn't you? :biggrin:
Original post by JezWeCan!

No. For one, I'm gay. For two, I don't look at men or women like objects for my sexual gratification. Think with your brain and not your genitalia.

He's gay.

This is funny anyway, always knew she was a ****.
No. For one, I'm gay. For two, I don't look at men or women like objects for my sexual gratification. Think with your brain and not your genitalia.

Oooops! :smile:

To your bolded point, your sex life must be really exciting. :rolleyes:

The rest of us check out people whom we find hot. It is kinda fun...
Oooops! :smile:

To your bolded point, your sex life must be really exciting. :rolleyes:

The rest of us check out people whom we find hot. It is kinda fun...

My sex life isn't really your business? I'm not frigid, I have a sex life - objectification and having a sex life are entirely separate. As is saying somebody's good looking and saying they're bangable.

Have some respect.
My sex life isn't really your business? I'm not frigid, I have a sex life - objectification and having a sex life are entirely separate. As is saying somebody's good looking and saying they're bangable.

Have some respect.

Lighten up and stop being so prissy and precious.

If I want to show my appreciation of Emma Watson's charms on a website (I didn't actually until your initial post) I damn well will WHATEVER you think or say.

Deal with it.
Lighten up and stop being so prissy and precious.

If I want to show my appreciation of Emma Watson's charms on a website (I didn't actually until your initial post) I damn well will WHATEVER you think or say.

Deal with it.

You are not showing an appreication, you are sexualising. That is neither appreciative or demonstrative of an appreciation for "her charms" and beauty. It's looking at her like a piece of meat - you're not an animal do don't behave like one.

Do what you want and I'll do what I want... which includes telling you what I am currently telling you.
You are not showing an appreication, you are sexualising. That is neither appreciative or demonstrative of an appreciation for "her charms" and beauty. It's looking at her like a piece of meat - you're not an animal do don't behave like one.

Do what you want and I'll do what I want... which includes telling you what I am currently telling you.

calm down :smile:
Original post by Trapz99
calm down :smile:

No.
No.

ok :smile:
Hey guys, I haven't read this article. Boy, Emma Watson is bitch. Man, I haven't read this article but what a bitch. Am I fitting in?
Lol i wouldn't though
subpar rack + aggressive feminist + too thin = It's a no from me
What does this have to do with her being a feminist?
Original post by Ladbants
Lol i wouldn't though
subpar rack + aggressive feminist + too thin = It's a no from me

So basically "my anaconda don't want none..."
I don't really understand what Panama is and why it is bad.

I used to really like Emma but I just find her annoying now. :dontknow:
Original post by littlenorthernlass
I don't really understand what Panama is and why it is bad.

It's rich people avoiding tax.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
It's rich people avoiding tax.

Why only rich people?

Quick Reply