The Student Room Group

Sadiq Khan: There are too many "white men" on Transport for London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paul514
I never said one was better than the other so I'm assuming nothing. It's far more likely a white person is the best of the applicants for a job on the basis that there are nine times more of them but that's it.

As for how do you define someone that's simple get to know them.

Defining someone is different from labelling someone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you even from london.... Clearly not. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_London
And if you think saying somones ethnicity, height, age isnt defining somone..... Wow....
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MrSplash
Are you even from london.... Clearly not. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_London
And if you think saying somones ethnicity, height, age isnt defining somone..... Wow....

Thanks for proving my point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Thanks for proving my point

Posted from TSR Mobile

3669284 is not 9 times of 3033606.....
Original post by MrSplash
3669284 is not 9 times of 3033606.....

I didn't say it was I was clearly referring to the uk population.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
I didn't say it was I was clearly referring to the uk population.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is about london not the UK.
Original post by infairverona
Everything under Sadiq is going to be about quota filling. Anyone who voted for him thinking otherwise is an idiot.

And people who think 13 white males are the best-suited for that role are even bigger idiots :smile:

Look, diversity for diversity's sake is not the way to go. But that doesn't mean that someone wanting diversity and saying he wants it, will choose worse people just so there is diversity.
Original post by raspberr1es
you called yourself 'a cynic' - that was what I was alluding you should work on, rather than seeing the bad in people immediately.

i follow you. perhaps i misspoke or wasn't clear - i don't think i do look for the bad in people immediately. my point was just that i think it's a little naive to assume that prejudices, expectations etc. don't play much of a role in the way society works.
Original post by brainhuman
And people who think 13 white males are the best-suited for that role are even bigger idiots :smile:

Look, diversity for diversity's sake is not the way to go. But that doesn't mean that someone wanting diversity and saying he wants it, will choose worse people just so there is diversity.

I didn't say 13 white males are the best for those roles. But I also think you are an idiot if you're assuming that those people are not the best for the roles just BECAUSE they are white and male.
Original post by infairverona
I didn't say 13 white males are the best for those roles. But I also think you are an idiot if you're assuming that those people are not the best for the roles just BECAUSE they are white and male.

And I know you are an idiot if you think that thinking they are not the best because they are white and male makes you an idiot.
Here I am still waiting for a reliable source like BBC to post this news 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
This was more than a month and a half ago, It's just one of those things politicians say to get the votes but never actually do it when they win. The same thing for Donald trump; I don't think we will see a massive wall bordering of mexico paid for by mexico.
Reminds me of the little girl who said, "Daddy do all fairy stories start with 'once upon a time?"
"No dear; some of them start with 'when I am elected..'"
Original post by Daimonos
I'm about as muslim as Adolf Hitler

So you will sell out your people for lower rent? If you're going to defend the islamisation of London, make sure you're in their end game buddy.
Granted the opinion piece is talking about a different community, but quite interesting all the same:

I worked on Sadiq Khan’s campaign and some of the racial stereotyping I saw within Labour was shocking

Spoiler

Original post by Implication
i follow you. perhaps i misspoke or wasn't clear - i don't think i do look for the bad in people immediately. my point was just that i think it's a little naive to assume that prejudices, expectations etc. don't play much of a role in the way society works.

fair point to have. Doesn't mean that the white males put on the board for TFL are there solely due to their gender and skin colour though - that's all I'm essentially arguing. That's why Khan immediately suggesting it should be diversified really grated on me.
Original post by raspberr1es
fair point to have. Doesn't mean that the white males put on the board for TFL are there solely due to their gender and skin colour though - that's all I'm essentially arguing. That's why Khan immediately suggesting it should be diversified really grated on me.

yeah i have revised my opinion on this matter (y)
There is one two many Sadiq Khan on this planet.
Original post by RomanKing
It has begun then.

White-flight to another country, more like.

Time to brush up on my second language skills.

abeg fix up you look like a bloody tramp
Original post by roadmanchasin£££
abeg fix up you look like a bloody tramp

Nice one champ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending