The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Klopp says Origi is ahead of schedule and may play v Sevilla but won't force it. Ings also back but won't play in the final as he isn't in the squad.
Original post by Feel No Ways
The kit looks piff, reminds me of some Roma ones

Goalkeeper kit seems very 2004-05/2005-06.
Original post by mr tim
Klopp says Origi is ahead of schedule and may play v Sevilla but won't force it. Ings also back but won't play in the final as he isn't in the squad.

Would be a good boost if we could have both Origi and Henderson on the bench. I'd start the same team as we played in the 2nd leg against Villarreal but we could have an impressive bench to change it up if needed at least. Ugh next week is going to drag..
Original post by Zerforax
Would be a good boost if we could have both Origi and Henderson on the bench. I'd start the same team as we played in the 2nd leg against Villarreal but we could have an impressive bench to change it up if needed at least. Ugh next week is going to drag..

XI for the final doesn't seem to be up for debate, really. I expect we'll see exactly the same eleven as against Villarreal - and rightly so.
Original post by Mackay
XI for the final doesn't seem to be up for debate, really. I expect we'll see exactly the same eleven as against Villarreal - and rightly so.

Yea but this is Klopp and he might do something mad like drop Sturridge :frown:

Absolutely no reason to drop Sturridge for the final game of the season (EL final that is) unless he gets injured, more of a chance of dropping him today. Worried that Hodgson will get Sturridge on crocks for the half of next season again...
(edited 7 years ago)

Nope. Can't see that happening. Sturridge is in a "good moment", as Klopp said himself.
Original post by samir12
Absolutely no reason to drop Sturridge for the final game of the season (EL final that is) unless he gets injured, more of a chance of dropping him today. Worried that Hodgson will get Sturridge on crocks for the half of next season again...

I think Sturridge goes on the plane but I can't see him starting for England? You'd imagine Kane is first choice.

Tough because for once England have 3 strikers in good form - Kane, Vardy and Sturridge and yet Rooney will be the first name on the team sheet.. :facepalm:
I think Sturridge goes on the plane but I can't see him starting for England? You'd imagine Kane is first choice.

Tough because for once England have 3 strikers in good form - Kane, Vardy and Sturridge and yet Rooney will be the first name on the team sheet.. :facepalm:

Even as Liverpool fan I'd choose Kane and Vardy as our front two.

Rooney should be in midfield.
Reply 7309
Original post by Dodgypirate
Even as Liverpool fan I'd choose Kane and Vardy as our front two.

Rooney should be in midfield.

Rooney should be on the bench
Reply 7310
yea i love sturridge but he isn't firing on all cylinders atm (even if his scoring record is still decent), so I'd go Kane and Vardy up top. Rooney can get screwed, he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11. Play midfielders in midfield.
I'd rather Sturridge is not on the plane at all for the sake of his fitness lol but Kane and Vardy should really be ahead of him. They are both fitter and Vardy has more pace to burn (very useful against teams like Germany who push up). Sturridge can come off the bench if we need a goal.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yea would be better for his career if he was able to get a full pre-season under his belt. No doubt Woy's training tactics will get him injured or something. Guess it's hard as a player to miss a major tournament.
Yea would be better for his career if he was able to get a full pre-season under his belt. No doubt Woy's training tactics will get him injured or something. Guess it's hard as a player to miss a major tournament.

Sturridge doesn't sprint at full speed in games so that gives me hope he will take it easy during Woy's dinosaur training methods.
Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge.

Subs: Bogdan, Skrtel, Smith, Lucas, Allen, Ojo, Benteke
Reply 7315
full strength as expected
Enjoying seeing Skrtel not starting.
Original post by mr tim
Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge.

Subs: Bogdan, Skrtel, Smith, Lucas, Allen, Ojo, Benteke

Bet Bogdan didn't expect to get on the bench again.. still no Flanagan on the bench. Not sure who you change on that bench for Henderson/Origi if they were fit for the final - do you drop Benteke and Skrtel?
Original post by Gob Bluth
Enjoying seeing Skrtel not starting.

I imagine he'll get some minutes at the weekend as his farewell. Maybe he'll come on at the end of this game since it is our last game at Anfield.
Annoying Sky sports description said it was/is showing Liverpool v Chelsea but it's Sunderland v Everton..

Latest