The Student Room Group

NHS Scientist Training Programme 2016 applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chloep1989
They got South Manchester! They have accepted with upgrades. It was his second choice, first being Central Manchester x

Congrats to your friend , not many people from audiology are on this thread still a tinsy winsy bit of hope left
Original post by Hurriya23
Congrats to your friend , not many people from audiology are on this thread still a tinsy winsy bit of hope left

Good luck!
Are we still waitin for Cardiac offers or are they out already?
Original post by Jack23Man
Are we still waitin for Cardiac offers or are they out already?

Still waiting... :rolleyes:
Original post by welly909
Still waiting... :rolleyes:

Thank you. Waiting is the hardest part!

I know right?? I've been a wreck for 3 days! Even when I'm asleep!

I know right?? I've been a wreck for 3 days! Even when I'm asleep!

Good luck guys :biggrin:
Original post by nymv
Hi,

That's so great to read :smile: It's my second year applying and have been placed on reserves - an improvement from last year!

Congratulations on your offer, well deserved :smile:

Thank you! There is still time!

Every year I have got slightly further which has been encouraging! x
Original post by nymv
Hi,

That's so great to read :smile: It's my second year applying and have been placed on reserves - an improvement from last year!

Congratulations on your offer, well deserved :smile:

Hi nymv,

I am in this position too. Last year I was interview reserve, this year I am offer reserve. Was really hoping for an offer this time but I guess I will have to try again next year and hope its third time lucky.
Original post by benjaminstp
Hi nymv,

I am in this position too. Last year I was interview reserve, this year I am offer reserve. Was really hoping for an offer this time but I guess I will have to try again next year and hope its third time lucky.

It was 3rd time lucky for me and a couple of other people I know! Don't lose hope! :biggrin: x
Original post by hummy42
Hi Guys,

I have been offered Gastro for Poole, I was just wondering whether the person who has the Sheffield place, be willing to upgrade to Poole? Well done to all the other applicants :smile:

do you currently live in the north? I put Poole as my final choice as I really didn't want to uproot to move 6hrs away! Congrats on the offer!!
So were the Gastro positions

Salford - ???
Poole - Hummy42
Manchester - Chloep
Sheffield - ????
Original post by SaltyCh1ps
So were the Gastro positions

Salford - ???
Poole - Hummy42
Manchester - Chloep
Sheffield - ????

Pretty sure there were only three places (the final list we saw was only 3).
I'm at Poole, but not GI (Radiation safety). Takes me 4-5 hours driving to South Yorkshire (where I'm from).
Original post by benjaminstp
Hi nymv,

I'm also in the same position. Hopefully 3rd time lucky for us all. Last year I was in my final year of uni. This year I felt improved my application by having some real work experience under my belt but I've been so busy settling into my first job. Now I feel like i finally have the time to make this my focus for next year! Always disappointing not to do well enough! I bumped my car on the way to the interview too so my mind frame could have been better!! Which discipline were you applying for?
Original post by MickeyMoo
Pretty sure there were only three places (the final list we saw was only 3).
I'm at Poole, but not GI (Radiation safety). Takes me 4-5 hours driving to South Yorkshire (where I'm from).

Just looked and there's definitely x 4.
Cardiac will hear by the end of the week! Fml I can't take this any more!!
Any in service people still waiting to hear? I'm still waiting for my in service Med Phys offer to (hopefully) come through. This has been the longest 3 days of my life!

Have they told you why you have to wait so much longer than the other streams?
Reply 1758

How do you know?
Original post by DuckyMinotaur
Have they told you why you have to wait so much longer than the other streams?

I asked them and they said 'There is no particular reason for this'

Original post by rjojo
How do you know?

They just emailed me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest