The Student Room Group

Would you volunteer to fight against ISIS?

I kind of think of myself as a coward but like to think I would fight against ISIS if there was enough people. Would you fight against them if you were asked to by the government and only given an m16 and some body armour?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i would ... infact im actually considering joining my army to fight them....
Original post by neilIG
i would ... infact im actually considering joining my army to fight them....

good on you dude but I dunno if the government are sending troops against them apart from the SAS
Yep. I would volunteer to fight ISIS and Free Syrian Army....
...Whats the difference between them anyway..?

Yes I would because I will be serving Bashar Al Asad, which I am happy to do:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
you have to have big balls because they will torture and kill you if they capture you
No, as they currently pose no real threat to the West and hence would not want to throw myself into the deserts where they roam and end up dying a horrible, painful death.
Only if there was a war on British soil
No, unless they had an army literally marching into Britain and my family were under threat.
Does that mean I'll be a double agent?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Bombings in dense populations is a threat, is it not?
Original post by RezzBerry
Bombings in dense populations is a threat, is it not?

As bad as they are, the bombings that have happened so far have posed no real threat to Western civilisation nor made ISIS stronger.
I'm sure that there are lots of Brits that will claim to be willing to fight from the comfort of their keyboards, but few will follow it up.

There has been nothing stopping Brits from voluntarily travelling out there and fighting the good fight. A tiny handful have done it, but far more Brits have volunteered to fight for ISIS.

Spoiler

They may have not made ISIS any stronger but they have made their message heard. They want to create separation. Don't you think that is the threat, itself? If there is enough isolation of Muslims, there'll be plenty of hate and unrest.
Reply 13
They pose no credible existential threat to our society as a whole, otherwise I probably would join.

The only reason that we have not wiped them off the face of the Earth yet is due to the geo-political cluster-f*ck it would create, not because we are actually incapable of doing it. All they have to do is push too far and we'll obliterate them in a month.
Reply 14
Uhm, No?

Mainly because they're not even that active anymore and secondly because I'm pretty sure these men have not trained themselves, they have support from many governments imo, these guns, rockets etc. are not made by ISIS and definitely not taken from the villages they have managed to take over. These men aren't hiding and world forces can't do anything to stop them, so what makes you think ordinary people like us will manage it?
Reply 15
Original post by VannR
They pose no credible existential threat to our society as a whole, otherwise I probably would join.

The only reason that we have not wiped them off the face of the Earth yet is due to the geo-political cluster-f*ck it would create, not because we are actually incapable of doing it. All they have to do is push too far and we'll obliterate them in a month.

So, you're saying that all these bombings where hundreds die isn't pushing it too far?
Not unless they directly threatened Britain, I have no interest in dying for someone else's politics
I already said I'd protect Sweden, would I protect UK? depends, would UK defend us?
Not unless they directly threatened Britain and even then, I'd make a poor officer. Probably get panic attacks. I wouldn't mind being an army medic though or some type of field technical officer if that's a thing and I had the skills.
Reply 19
Original post by KaminiZindagi
Yep. I would volunteer to fight ISIS and Free Syrian Army....
...Whats the difference between them anyway..?

Yes I would because I will be serving Bashar Al Asad, which I am happy to do:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Assad ftw

Quick Reply